KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament Discussion Thread: Questions, Comments, & Talk

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament Discussion Thread: Questions, Comments, & Talk
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (76): « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King Kandy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Evangel94
I just want to be clear that there is no 'classic' and 'current' Dr. Strange. It is up to the contestant to argue and convince voters of their strategy.

I'm not sure how you can argue that there is no difference when you make a distinction between current and past Darkseid.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 10:37 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe 10 to 20 pointers are exceptions to the rule

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 10:38 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Reposting so people see this on the new page.

Originally posted by Evangel94

Yeah...

...I am going to clarify power boosting since some of you (i won't name who) are asking me some pretty weird things.

Examples of Power Boosting.

1. An electric character becomes more powerful if they have more electricity. You buy 36 hours of prep, and draft Storm. During the entire prep you hit that character with lightning bolts from the sky using storm in order to boost that characters power.

2. You draft Hercules, the Hulk, and a Nurse. You buy 36 hours prep as well. During the prep, you give Hulk's blood via a transfusion to Hercules in order to make Hercules into Hulk Hercules which makes him extra strong.

3. You draft Silver Surfer and 2 other Heralds of Galactus and 2 hours of Prep and power boosting. You have Silver Surfer drain the other Heralds of Galactus and add their power to Silver Surfers own Power Cosmic to Super Charge Silver Surfer with lots of Power Cosmic.

Note: Building tech from scratch doesn't count as power boosting, unless that tech is used to increase a characters regular native power. ie Using Dr. Doom and Reed Richards to build a device that boosts strength three fold and gives the character laser vision.

Examples of Not Power Boosting:

1. You draft Hulk, Hulk's Wife from Planet Hulk(Cairea?), and an Amalgam of Superman and Joker and 15 minutes of Battlefield Prep. 30 seconds before your prep is up, you have SuperJoker kill Hulk's wife in front of him making Hulk really mad. You then unleash Hulk on the other team.

2. You draft Hulk, Doctor Doom, 36 hours of prep in a science lab. You tie down hulk with adamantium restraints, and poke hulk with a 100,00 Volt Cattleprod for 36 hours making him mad then unleash Hulk on the other team.

3. Drafting Black Canary for 2 points, 36 hours of Prep (5 Points), and 18 construction works to build a giant 1000 foot tall megaphone on half the side of the battlefield. Which you then use black Canary to scream in the megaphone at the other team.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 10:42 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Oh BTW Evangel, I believe enough of a case has been made to get Shaggy Man banned. So i'd like a ruling.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 10:45 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by King Kandy
Oh BTW Evangel, I believe enough of a case has been made to get Shaggy Man banned. So i'd like a ruling.

Could you briefly re-state some of the points on why shaggy man doesn't fit as a Herald character?

Forever Young...

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 10:48 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

All the points are stated on the top side of page 17.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 10:49 PM
King Kandy

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 10:49 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Sorry King Kandy, didn't see that post.

Ruling:

Alright, Papa Smurph, if that is Shaggy Man in the scans, then you have to choose another character since he is early dominating Martian Manhunter, Superman, Orion, and a very large Herald level bull mastiff.

Are there any other characters that are being objected to? I only know of the following:

Metron

and

Mogo

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Feb 22nd, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 11:00 PM
King Kandy

Oh yeah, we already found a quote of Smurph saying Mogo is above Odin... Hypocrisy, no?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 11:07 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by King Kandy
Oh yeah, we already found a quote of Smurph saying Mogo is above Odin... Hypocrisy, no?

He retracted the statement saying that he has reviewed the evidence again and seen nothing to actually make that reasonable.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 11:14 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Papa Smurph
Sonia Sato - 2
Kent Nelson - 6 (Body)
Shaggy Man (General) - 6 (Mind)
Amalgam v2 - 6
Prep time v3 - 5

Kent Nelson's body with the General's mind?

What?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 11:31 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

I think he would want the inverse. ?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 11:32 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Now he is using World War Hulk as the mind instead of the General.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 11:33 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Hulk's mind with Fate's body?

That makes no sense what-so-ever.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 11:34 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Yeah. According to him, it's Hulk's mind that gives him his powers, and Fate's body that gives him his magic!

Seriously, check him out in the draft thread.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 11:37 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Kandy, stfu. That sort of thing is for in battles....especially since you're now giving him time to plan for it.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 11:42 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I know. I'm not bothering to argue it anymore.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 11:44 PM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here, let's dead the argument

Evangel are powers determined by who's body and mind you are using?

Or do mergers automatically get all the powers from those amalgamated that don't stack (as well as the ability to use them as well as their amalgamated partners).

Will I need to specify that my body is Hulk's to get his strength and such

or is it assumed that with my body being Kent's he obtains Hulk's strength and such.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 11:52 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Soljer
Hulk's mind with Fate's body?

That makes no sense what-so-ever.

Fate's powers are still available to him based on the impression I got of how Amaglams work in this. There is one good reason to use WWH's mind that I can think of.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 12:02 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I need this clarified as well. If you get all powers and skill from both people, what is the difference between the mind and body categories?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 12:13 AM