KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1-3; Symmetric Chaos vs Devil Lance

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1-3; Symmetric Chaos vs Devil Lance
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Devil Lance
DL

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Special thanks to Mungi and his Hawkman respect thread is in order shifty

Yes it is smile (Plus your Onimar Synn one too)

Thanks Mungi for the great respect threads you have made

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 01:16 AM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Devil Lance
No final match thoughts? sad

Votes for Symmetric Chaos: 5
TricksterPriest
Creshosk
darthgoober
Papa Smurph
Soljer

Votes for Devil Lance: 6
DigiMark007
King Kandy
Bentley
id369
psycho gundam
Blair Wind

Final Match Thoughts: It was a very close match with Devil Lance squeeking out a victory by one vote. Both competitors were very determined and fought back and forth in a scan war and a scanblitz. Even though Symmentric Chaos lost, he is still a very strong candidate to win, and may pull out future victories. Good job to both competitors.

However, the one thing that disappointed me was that nobody mentioned their battlefield at all. From the way they were talking, you could have thought they were fighting on a generic battlefield. Different battlefields are there for a reason. They can help you and hinder your opponent if you decide to use the terrain efficiently.

Also, I prefer to read a complete short summary of their strategy before viewing any actual scans. I think it would be a lot cleaner and efficient if all contestants posted their general strategies first without any links, THEN followup with any scans to support their claims.

But still, good match. Good competition.

Devil Lance wins his first "best of three" match. Symmetric Chaos, losses by one vote, but is still a very lethal threat with "Pete". Good luck in future matches to the both of you.

Match Over.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 01:20 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Evangel94
Votes for Symmetric Chaos: 5
TricksterPriest
Creshosk
darthgoober
Papa Smurph
Soljer

Votes for Devil Lance: 6
DigiMark007
King Kandy
Bentley
id369
psycho gundam
Blair Wind

Final Match Thoughts: It was a very close match with Devil Lance squeeking out a victory by one vote. Both competitors were very determined and fought back and forth in a scan war and a scanblitz. Even though Symmentric Chaos lost, he is still a very strong candidate to win, and may pull out future victories. Good job to both competitors.

However, the one thing that disappointed me was that nobody mentioned their battlefield at all. From the way they were talking, you could have thought they were fighting on a generic battlefield. Different battlefields are there for a reason. They can help you and hinder your opponent if you decide to use the terrain efficiently.

Also, I prefer to read a complete short summary of their strategy before viewing any actual scans. I think it would be a lot cleaner and efficient if all contestants posted their general strategies first without any links, THEN followup with any scans to support their claims.

But still, good match. Good competition.

Devil Lance wins his first "best of three" match. Symmetric Chaos, losses by one vote, but is still a very lethal threat with "Pete". Good luck in future matches to the both of you.

Match Over.

-Evangel94

I understand your disappointment about the battlefield, but truth be told MOST battlefields don't really mean much to some of the characters that're involved in this thing. For instance, the sand storm in the desert location for me and Tricks match was all but meaningless because Trick and I had the bodies and powers of Silver Surfer and Waverider so the sandstorm had zero chance of hurting either of us, or even obscuring our vision truth be told.

As things progress, I'm sure there'll be instances of the battlefield playing a major part of someones strategy but those matches are more likely to be the exception rather than rule...

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 02:15 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by darthgoober
I understand your disappointment about the battlefield, but truth be told MOST battlefields don't really mean much to some of the characters that're involved in this thing. For instance, the sand storm in the desert location for me and Tricks match was all but meaningless because Trick and I had the bodies and powers of Silver Surfer and Waverider so the sandstorm had zero chance of hurting either of us, or even obscuring our vision truth be told.

As things progress, I'm sure there'll be instances of the battlefield playing a major part of someones strategy but those matches are more likely to be the exception rather than rule...

Perhaps. Perhaps not. Heralds have been caught unaware in the past despite their cosmic awareness and heightened abilities. If an opponent can successfully argue that he can catch your team off-guard, cause minor inconvenience for your team, or just use the terrain to his or her advantage, then it can only bring good things for them. Canyons, Ravines, Dinosaurs, Earthquakes....everything can be used to your advantage no matter how insignificant it may seem.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 02:26 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote