KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Books made into movies

Books made into movies
Started by: justdecent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Apparently Lunar Park is getting a film Jaden, good book.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2008 10:15 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by idowhatiamtold
There are a couple that I like and few that I don't. I think The Divinci Code was a poor excuse for a movie. But I really liked Prozac Nation and Girl Interrupted. I'm in the middle of reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter and I saw that they are making THAT into a movie so I'm kind of excited about it.

What was wrong with The Da Vinci Code?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 4th, 2008 10:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Well, I'll start off the tobogan-run. It was shite.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 4th, 2008 10:40 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
What was wrong with The Da Vinci Code?

It was terrible.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 01:02 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

Originally posted by jaden101
yeah i really enjoyed both...i hope they make a film out of "lunar park" which is essentially a sequel to american psycho...but it lends itself far better to a truer adaptation

clearly there would be no way a more accurate version of the american psycho novel would ever get made...rat tubes stuck up *****...cannibalism, chopping off lips with nail scissors...drilling out teeth and ripping the throat out through the mouth...

be a fun film to make and to watch...but it would never get past the censors

also...couldn't agree more with parker (1st time for everything) in that the tv version of the shining was utterly pointless....on its own merits it's not that bad but compared to the film it's hard to see why they even tried to out-do nicholson's performance

Yeah why try and fix something that isn't broken right? laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 01:20 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

Originally posted by Röland
It was terrible.

I disagree I thought it was actually a very good film, I don't get why everyone hates it so much laughing out loud confused

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 01:22 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I enjoyed The Da Vinci Code movie also, nothing amazing but I'd rather watch the movie again over reading the book again.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 03:08 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MildPossession
Apparently Lunar Park is getting a film Jaden, good book.

(please log in to view the image)

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 03:44 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
I disagree I thought it was actually a very good film, I don't get why everyone hates it so much laughing out loud confused

probably because it was hyped up more than lord of the rings and almost as much as star wars episode 1. Movies with that much hype usually never have a chance

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 06:02 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
probably because it was hyped up more than lord of the rings and almost as much as star wars episode 1. Movies with that much hype usually never have a chance

Yeah, I enjoyed the book more, and expected the movie to be better after all the hype. I still enjoyed it thoughsmile

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 06:07 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by MildPossession
I enjoyed The Da Vinci Code movie also, nothing amazing but I'd rather watch the movie again over reading the book again.

I loved the book a whole lot and always watch the movie.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 09:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I loved the book a whole lot and always watch the movie.

Yeah same, I have it on DVD and must have watched it about 20 times laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 09:09 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have it on dvd as the extended edition, it's the only one I've seen. Is it better than the cinema release length version?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 09:52 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

My favourite's probably One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 10:00 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked Rumble Fish.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 12:32 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brightlights

Originally posted by idowhatiamtold
There are a couple that I like and few that I don't. I think The Divinci Code was a poor excuse for a movie. But I really liked Prozac Nation and Girl Interrupted. I'm in the middle of reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter and I saw that they are making THAT into a movie so I'm kind of excited about it.

I have to agree with you about The Divinci Code, but I'm not sure the book was all that great either. It should've went in chronological order and start with Angels and Demons.

I didn't know they were making a movie out of The Memory Keeper's Daughter and I'm so glad you mentioned it. I really liked that book, so I'm definitely going to check out the movie this Sunday, even though it is on Lifetime.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 09:57 PM
brightlights is currently offline Click here to Send brightlights a Private Message Find more posts by brightlights Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
My favourite's probably One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

yeah that one was really well done as well. thumb up

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 04:49 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

Originally posted by brightlights
I have to agree with you about The Divinci Code, but I'm not sure the book was all that great either. It should've went in chronological order and start with Angels and Demons.

I didn't know they were making a movie out of The Memory Keeper's Daughter and I'm so glad you mentioned it. I really liked that book, so I'm definitely going to check out the movie this Sunday, even though it is on Lifetime.

They didn't start in that order because The Da Vinci Code was the book the was garnering all the attention.

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 11:37 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I read somewhere The Raw Shark Texts is getting made into a film, that I will be looking forwards to.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 03:49 PM
brightlights

Originally posted by brightlights

I dont think anybody noticed but this movie isn't showing on Sunday night...it'll be on Saturday night on Lifetime. My bad. I'm sorry!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 09:49 PM
brightlights is currently offline Click here to Send brightlights a Private Message Find more posts by brightlights Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote