KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ganthet vs Thanos

Ganthet vs Thanos
Started by: Cartesian Doubt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jadervason
Doomsday did have a power ring.
He was stopped dead in his tracks by a weaker Superman after this death so he was stronger. The Guradians had no answer to a very weak Doomsday. they arent that great.

Old Post May 16th, 2008 07:43 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by fangirl101
One Guardian was able to literally embarrass a precrisis Hal Jordan. The gaurdians were not effected by crisis. so they would still be quite above any herald lvl charcter of the highest order.

Another Gaurdian's life force energy powered up superman prime to be able to punch thru the bleed and right into the 5th dimension.

Ganthet and his wife on thier own, are able to power an entire new corps.

ganthet as part of the quintessence, as we know there is only one set of gaurdians in all the multiverse, gave a 5th of the power that gog had. which was able to punch a hole in an alternate mxy.

the guardians themselves power all of the gl's in the entire multiverse. precrisis and post crisis.

If I think of any more i'll let you know.
I disagree that the Guardians were unaffected by the original Crisis. They may have retained their original memories and such, but history changed is history changed and Oa is within the core unverse that underwent such change. Same can be said of the 'Infinite Crisis' retcon as well.

I agree that one random Guardian's power was capable of inadvertently powering Superman-Prime to such a level as to rival Monarch in a brutal free-for-all that destroyed an entire universe. Monarch himself defeated how many scores of Captain Atoms, Supermen and GL's from alternate universes? Yeah... that was impressive, and a testament to a single Guardian's personal power. During 'Sinestro Corps War,' Superman-Prime slapped around a whole lot of Earth's most powerful heroes, yet... he could not escape the grip of a single random Guardian. Strength feat, anyone?

I think it's presumptive to gauge overall power with the creation of a new Lantern corps. As far as I'm concerned, nothing's been showed on-panel, and I'm guessin that they're just manipulating the emotional spectrum of hope to build their Corps. Not powering it of their own personal energies, the same way the rest of the Guardians are doing with the Green Lantern Corps.

Honest question, do you mind describing this instance to me? Is this 'Cosmic Odyssey' or something else entirely?

I agree that the Guardians power the Green Lanterns. However, it is because they tap into the emotional spectrum of willpower that is collected from all sentient beings in the universe. While I am sure they contain a vast reserve of personal accumulated power, they are not the absolute source of the Central Power Battery. But I agree that without them communing with the entity Ion, there is no Central Power Battery. And as far as I am concerned, if they wanted to, any of the Guardians could usurp the entire accumulated power at any time, like Hal or Kyle have done. They just don't... because they have rules, according to the Book of Oa.

Ganthet when he was possessed by Parallax posed a greater threat than a Hal Jordan-hosted Spectre in 'Green Lantern: Rebirth' as stated by Parallax himself. I know this position is unpopular, but I just call em like I see em.
Originally posted by quanchi112
He was stopped dead in his tracks by a weaker Superman after this death so he was stronger. The Guradians had no answer to a very weak Doomsday. they arent that great.
A single Guardian actually defeated Doomsday, before Doomsday could completely evolve to be immune to a Green Lantern's power. Which is evident, since we know that Doomsday was affected by Green Lantern power in subsequent incarnations. And it involves a bit of speculation that Doomsday would be able to completely evolve an immunity to Green Lantern energy. But Thanos is not Doomsday and does not have his ability to evolve anyway.

Ganthet 9/10. Only because CIS might give Ganthet some pause and Thanos a slim window of opportunity of usurping his power or blind-siding Ganthet and knocking him out.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Last edited by ODG on May 17th, 2008 at 11:34 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2008 11:31 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by jadervason
Each guardian is as powerful as a power battery itself, IIRC

No, and honestly that is a ridiculous claim.

Old Post May 17th, 2008 11:56 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I agree that the Guardians power the Green Lanterns. However, it is because they tap into the emotional spectrum of willpower that is collected from all sentient beings in the universe. While I am sure they contain a vast reserve of personal accumulated power, they are not the absolute source of the Central Power Battery. But I agree that without them communing with the entity Ion, there is no Central Power Battery. And as far as I am concerned, if they wanted to, any of the Guardians could usurp the entire accumulated power at any time, like Hal or Kyle have done. They just don't... because they have rules, according to the Book of Oa.

Ganthet when he was possessed by Parallax posed a greater threat than a Hal Jordan-hosted Spectre in 'Green Lantern: Rebirth' as stated by Parallax himself. I know this position is unpopular, but I just call em like I see em.

Ganthet 9/10. Only because CIS might give Ganthet some pause and Thanos a slim window of opportunity of usurping his power or blind-siding Ganthet and knocking him out.

The Guardians do not power the Corps. they gathered will power from across the universe and store it in the battery. No one Guardian has power close to that of the power battery.

Parallax said that Ganthet claimed that his powers were greater than Spectre, and from everything we've seen we know that to be false. It's funny with all this supposed power Parallax infected Ganthet was defeated by 5 GL's.

Old Post May 18th, 2008 12:06 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Naw, they had Guy.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 18th, 2008 12:17 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Mindset

Pre-Crisis it was true. I don't know about now.

Old Post May 18th, 2008 12:23 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

The Guardians do not power the Corps. they gathered will power from across the universe and store it in the battery. No one Guardian has power close to that of the power battery.

Parallax said that Ganthet claimed that his powers were greater than Spectre, and from everything we've seen we know that to be false. It's funny with all this supposed power Parallax infected Ganthet was defeated by 5 GL's.
Don't try to reduce the events in 'Green Lantern: Rebirth' so simplistically. The way that the 5 perrenial GL's managed to defeat Parallax was by embracing, confronting and defeating their worst fears so that Parallax would have no power over them. I won't even bother posting scans of their penultimate fight. Anybody who's read it, understands how they won.

Whether one Guardian's personal power reserves approaches that of the entire Central Power Battery is irrelevant. We've already seen several Guardian feats and how much power they have individually. And we're talking about the greatest and most seniro of Guardians, Ganthet.

Ganthet 9/10.

Old Post May 18th, 2008 01:00 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

It's been stated by narration. "So great was the Guardians power that each one was like unto a living power battery."

On top of that, Guardians can share/draw power with each other on the fly with but a thought.

Thanos has almost no chance.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post May 18th, 2008 02:28 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jadervason
rapist of machines

Originally posted by Avlon
It's been stated by narration. "So great was the Guardians power that each one was like unto a living power battery."

On top of that, Guardians can share/draw power with each other on the fly with but a thought.

I knew I read that somewhere.

Old Post May 18th, 2008 02:33 AM
jadervason is currently offline Click here to Send jadervason a Private Message Find more posts by jadervason Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Don't try to reduce the events in 'Green Lantern: Rebirth' so simplistically. The way that the 5 perrenial GL's managed to defeat Parallax was by embracing, confronting and defeating their worst fears so that Parallax would have no power over them. I won't even bother posting scans of their penultimate fight. Anybody who's read it, understands how they won.

Whether one Guardian's personal power reserves approaches that of the entire Central Power Battery is irrelevant. We've already seen several Guardian feats and how much power they have individually. And we're talking about the greatest and most seniro of Guardians, Ganthet.

Ganthet 9/10.
Do you have any scans of his battle feats?

Again a pre DOSDoomsday tore through them and so did Prime. Post some scans please. Thanos 10 out of 10.

Old Post May 18th, 2008 04:57 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos has too many impressive battle feats while I have seen none of Ganthet.

Old Post May 18th, 2008 05:00 AM
ODG

Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you have any scans of his battle feats?

Again a pre DOSDoomsday tore through them and so did Prime. Post some scans please. Thanos 10 out of 10.
Neither Doomsday, nor Superman-Prime tore through any Guardians. Doomsday tore through Green Lanterns. He never tore through Guardians. This is essentially what happened when a single random Guardian decided to end the battle:
http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=da1407na.jpg

Which mirrors almost exactly what happened to Superman-Prime in 'Sinestro Corps War.' Superman-Prime tears through Green Lanterns, sure. But a single random Guardian grabs onto Superman-Prime and ends his rampage. Notice where Superman-Prime can't bring enough strength to bear to resist or escape from the Guardian's physical grip:
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/...veryoneone2.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/...veryoneone3.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/...veryoneone4.jpg

Neither Guardians, nor Ganthet himself have a lot of combat feats. The Guardians put a beating on the Anti-Monitor. Ganthet himself embarassed a Parallax-possessed Kilowog during 'Green Lantern: Rebirth.' Most other times they let their Green Lanterns fight or just stand back and pull some non-interference credo garbage, like when they allowed Hal Jordan to absorb the Central Power Battery in 'Emerald Twilight.'

Regardless, Ganthet 9/10:

Attachment: ganthet v spectre09.jpg
This has been downloaded 106 time(s).

Old Post May 18th, 2008 05:16 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Neither Doomsday, nor Superman-Prime tore through any Guardians. Doomsday tore through Green Lanterns. He never tore through Guardians. This is essentially what happened when a single random Guardian decided to end the battle:
http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=da1407na.jpg

Which mirrors almost exactly what happened to Superman-Prime in 'Sinestro Corps War.' Superman-Prime tears through Green Lanterns, sure. But a single random Guardian grabs onto Superman-Prime and ends his rampage. Notice where Superman-Prime can't bring enough strength to bear to resist or escape from the Guardian's physical grip:
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/...veryoneone2.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/...veryoneone3.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/...veryoneone4.jpg

Neither Guardians, nor Ganthet himself have a lot of combat feats. The Guardians put a beating on the Anti-Monitor. Ganthet himself embarassed a Parallax-possessed Kilowog during 'Green Lantern: Rebirth.' Most other times they let their Green Lanterns fight or just stand back and pull some non-interference credo garbage, like when they allowed Hal Jordan to absorb the Central Power Battery in 'Emerald Twilight.'

Regardless, Ganthet 9/10:
The Guardians still looked confused as what to do. Kinda hard to read the print. But they did take care of him. As they should have as Doomsday was the weakest we had seen.

The guardian in sinestro corps grabs a hold of Prime and commits suicide to stop him. That to me says he didnt have the outright power to beat him. All the Guardians were present as well. It shows they lacked the combined power to stop Prime amidst this chaos. This doesnt impress me.

Parallax hasnt been that impressive since sinestro corps. Hes nowhere near as powerful as he used to be.

These blue men also backed down to darkseid ages ago when they declared war on apokolips. They seem to be too standbackish to be able to brawl with the likes of Thanos. Thanos is smarter,more versatile,and more durable than any of these blue men. I still cant figure out why you think this guy beats Thanos if these are your ace cards.

Old Post May 18th, 2008 05:26 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Ganthet 9/10:
thumb up

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post May 18th, 2008 06:06 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

That's nice, but we know that is not true or Ganthet could have remade the Corps. by himself.

Also no Guardian has feats approaching that of Parallax or Ion.

Old Post May 18th, 2008 07:09 AM
Mindset

Ganthet 9/10.

The point was Parallax Ganthet couldn't kill them outright, they were fighting him physically, yet Parallax was unable to hurt them.

Actually if the Guardian's power is close to the Battery is relevant since that is what I was talking about. no expression

Old Post May 18th, 2008 07:11 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

That's nice, but we know that is not true or Ganthet could have remade the Corps. by himself.

Also no Guardian has feats approaching that of Parallax or Ion.

Ganthet and his wife are actually powering the blue corps...\

Are you implying that a Guardian would have to be ION or Parallax max level to take out Thanos?

Old Post May 18th, 2008 07:13 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Ganthet and his wife are actually powering the blue corps...\

Are you implying that a Guardian would have to be ION or Parallax max level to take out Thanos?

They may be harnessing said power, like the Guardians did with willpower, the battery contains the willpower in the entire universe, but they are not powering the Blue Corps.

I'm not implying anything, I'm correcting false claims of power, is that ok?

Old Post May 18th, 2008 07:20 AM
jadervason
rapist of machines

They may be harnessing said power, like the Guardians did with willpower, the battery contains the willpower in the entire universe, but they are not powering the Blue Corps.

I may not be the gun, but I am harnessing the gun. Does it matter?

Old Post May 18th, 2008 07:24 AM
jadervason is currently offline Click here to Send jadervason a Private Message Find more posts by jadervason Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Sure. If you want to go against DC's stance on a guardians power level.

Do we separate Odin from the Odinforce in threads?

Old Post May 18th, 2008 07:25 AM