KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Euro 2008

Euro 2008
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

No Maldini either.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 09:56 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

Plus there only creativity comes from totti in the midfield. and he is gone.

what happened to nesta btw?

and why do commentors love cannavaro? i think nesta is the better defender personally.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 11:14 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

They need to bump Aquilani up to the main team as soon as possible.

Where was Iaquinta? Is he old enough?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 11:15 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

aquilani is a good little player.

did iaquinta play? i havent been able to watch tonights game so i dont know. i only caught a brief glimpse of the highlights

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 11:17 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ultimatethor
My moneys on Germani. The dutchhh always dissappoint in major competitions and the same goes for spain. Finals for me is Germani vs Itly

I retract my statement. It seems that Netherlands really did come prepared. The italians are going nowhere. What a poor display.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 12:07 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Deano
aquilani is a good little player.

did iaquinta play? i havent been able to watch tonights game so i dont know. i only caught a brief glimpse of the highlights

Nah, Iaquinta didn't play either.

This wasn't a Dutch victory without luck or aid in the form of missing Italian players (Cannavaro, Nesta, Maldini, Totti, Iaquinta), but they did play well. Although, you've gotta consider that there was no Robben, Babel or MOSTLY Van Persie. Van Persie still managed to turn a few defenders inside out.

We'll have to see how they do first. If they somehow won the group, we'd be able to discuss them possibly winning it.

I think they could beat Romania, France is their next big hurdle.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 01:32 AM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Nesta I think dropped out of the squad due to marriage, and then wasn't reinstated (or so I recall hearing).

I'd go on the record now and say Holland ain't winning shit. They've got no defence at all.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 03:03 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Dutch goal correct says ref chief

I thought Van Nistelrooy's good was OK when I saw it.. looks like a player is only inactive when off the pitch if the ref sends him from it for treatment.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 10:16 AM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

they attempted to explain it yesterday on our show of Euro 2008. At first the head of our refereeing bond stated it was clearly undoubedly offside because the italian defender was placed beyond his will out of the field and was not able anymore to continue to participate in the game.
That's a clear point in my opinion. The crap that, eventhough he was pushed offside and was injured (or claimed to be), he is still considered to be onside is pathetic. I reek it's a coverup so the referee doesn't get humiliated for making such a huge mistake.

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 11:29 AM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Considering how the Italians like to gain unfair advantage lying down I think rough justice.
Both teams played well though imo, Italy also had some chances, and wfrom what I saw of the boring France v Romania game they still can go through.

The second goal from W. Sneijder has to be in the running for goal of the tournament, brillinat !! how he managed to volley the ball from that angle is beyond me.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 11:59 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Originally posted by Jovan
they attempted to explain it yesterday on our show of Euro 2008. At first the head of our refereeing bond stated it was clearly undoubedly offside because the italian defender was placed beyond his will out of the field and was not able anymore to continue to participate in the game.
That's a clear point in my opinion. The crap that, eventhough he was pushed offside and was injured (or claimed to be), he is still considered to be onside is pathetic. I reek it's a coverup so the referee doesn't get humiliated for making such a huge mistake.

Well lets be fare.. he was pushed there not by a Netherlands player but by his own goalkeeper. He just fell over and stayed down, he wasn't injured because he carried on playing with no problem. If he wanted to he COULD have got back onto his feet and come right back onto the field without the ref having to wave him on like they do when a player goes off for treatment. I think unless he is out of the game by injury and the ref has made him leave the field for treatment he is still part of the game and therefore has to be counted when looking at offside decisions.

My first thought when I saw it was that the goal should stand, then I saw it again and thought he may have been offside. But looking at it again I think the linesman was right to not give offside and let the goal stand.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 12:18 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vandalworks

hollands second and third goals were nice to watch, especially the second. good to see a decent match at last. i've heard the other games have been pretty dire this far.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 01:24 PM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Originally posted by vandalworks
hollands second and third goals were nice to watch, especially the second. good to see a decent match at last. i've heard the other games have been pretty dire this far.

I wouldn't say dire.. the France - Romania game was but apart from that the games have been OK.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 02:33 PM
Deano

miles offside was the goal. end of story really

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 03:01 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Not end of story at all really, in fact it was an onside goal. If the Italians keep lying down like friggin babys everytime someone, even thier own goaly´ touches them then thats their problem.

The ref followed the ruls by the book, therefore it was a valid goal. Not the refs fault but the rule makers.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 03:11 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

A few years ago I would agree with you 100%.. but with the offside rule like it is now it was onside.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 03:40 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Another very good game. Spain played superbly.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 05:59 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Originally posted by Bicnarok
Not end of story at all really, in fact it was an onside goal. If the Italians keep lying down like friggin babys everytime someone, even thier own goaly´ touches them then thats their problem.

The ref followed the ruls by the book, therefore it was a valid goal. Not the refs fault but the rule makers.

so because they have the name of making schwalbes, the goal is tough luck for them? That's an insane way of thinking

look, basic fact is that the head of our refereeing bond phoned in, said he was 200% sure it was an offside goal. I trust that guy much more about decisions than the UEFA. Why? Because Jeurissen has nothing to win or to lose by saying the truth; he's neutral in this. The UEFA is far from it: they just have to say it's onside because on this tournament the 12 best referees of Europe are participating. If one of those 12 makes a freakingly huge error (just like now) it shows the referees aren't top at all.

Another thing to think about : there was this action a year or two ago in our league: there was a corner and one of the guys (Mbark Boussouffa of Anderlecht) jumped behind the line to set up the off-side trap. They explained he should know that that was wrong since he willingly stepped out hte playing field and that he still is considered to be onside. (I don't like this rule at all but I see logic in this)
Here you have a guy that gets hit by his keeper (and yes he gets hit) AND he gets thrown (not even pushed, but literally thrown) out of the field... it's only logical you lie down to recover after having been through that! How the hell can you be onside at that point?

Guess a new tactic in Germany or other countries were they are very physical in their play: just kick the defenders off the field, make sure they're out for a few seconds and just get your chance, they're online after all. What the f**k?

BTW, got a question: they're also saying that it was still in the same action... when does an action exactly end? 'cause if I remember correctly the Italians kicked the ball away and then it got dropped into the feet of a Dutchmen who gave the assist. So, why didn't they stop one action at the Italian kicking the ball away and a new one when the assist was given?

EDIT: they make a distinction between volontary leaving the field and those not leaving volontary
They're just screwing up their own defence. Come on! Panucci didn't leave volontary! He gets hit and thrown out, that's not volontary leaving the field.
Furthermore... a player has to ask permission to leave the field according to their rules. So; shouldn't they give Panucci yellow for leaving the field without permission? Did he get back on the field with permission of the referee? Otherwise, strictly speaking he should have received his second yellow card...

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Last edited by Jovan on Jun 10th, 2008 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 06:01 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by Jovan
so because they have the name of making schwalbes, the goal is tough luck for them? That's an insane way of thinking

look, basic fact is that the head of our refereeing bond phoned in, said he was 200% sure it was an offside goal. I trust that guy much more about decisions than the UEFA. Why? Because Jeurissen has nothing to win or to lose by saying the truth; he's neutral in this. The UEFA is far from it: they just have to say it's onside because on this tournament the 12 best referees of Europe are participating. If one of those 12 makes a freakingly huge error (just like now) it shows the referees aren't top at all.

Another thing to think about : there was this action a year or two ago in our league: there was a corner and one of the guys (Mbark Boussouffa of Anderlecht) jumped behind the line to set up the off-side trap. They explained he should know that that was wrong since he willingly stepped out hte playing field and that he still is considered to be onside. (I don't like this rule at all but I see logic in this)
Here you have a guy that gets hit by his keeper (and yes he gets hit) AND he gets thrown (not even pushed, but literally thrown) out of the field... it's only logical you lie down to recover after having been through that! How the hell can you be onside at that point?

Guess a new tactic in Germany or other countries were they are very physical in their play: just kick the defenders off the field, make sure they're out for a few seconds and just get your chance, they're online after all. What the f**k?

BTW, got a question: they're also saying that it was still in the same action... when does an action exactly end? 'cause if I remember correctly the Italians kicked the ball away and then it got dropped into the feet of a Dutchmen who gave the assist. So, why didn't they stop one action at the Italian kicking the ball away and a new one when the assist was given?

EDIT: they make a distinction between volontary leaving the field and those not leaving volontary
They're just screwing up their own defence. Come on! Panucci didn't leave volontary! He gets hit and thrown out, that's not volontary leaving the field.
Furthermore... a player has to ask permission to leave the field according to their rules. So; shouldn't they give Panucci yellow for leaving the field without permission? Did he get back on the field with permission of the referee? Otherwise, strictly speaking he should have received his second yellow card...

I'm guessing you're a bit soar about Belgium not qualifying again?

Last edited by Slay on Jun 10th, 2008 at 06:33 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 06:28 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

Originally posted by Bicnarok

well no it was offside. his own player buffon got him hurt.

im pretty sure the italian player wasnt thinking 'if i fake an injury here and lie off the pitch, the linesman will have to give offside'

the player was inactive, off the pitch and hurt. therefore, nistelrooy was offside.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 07:38 PM