KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Temple of Doom VS Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

My favorite movie is....
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Temple of Doom 32 71.11%
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 11 24.44%
They're both equally good/bad 2 4.44%
Total: 45 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Temple of Doom VS Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Started by: Spartan005

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Well, I wouldn't have minded some combo ingredients if the recipe weren't so crappy.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 09:45 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

LOL Well put. big grin

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 11:07 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Lucas didn't.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 10:33 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

The co-fiend that he is to Speilberg.
Even though the burnt bun and substandard meat were Lucasian in origin, Spielberg was responsible for the mouldy lettuce and the past-it's-sell by-date-mayo.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 10:02 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Damn cook. I hope he cooks up a better one next time.

I shudder at the thought of an Indy5, although a little optimistic voice may whisper they may have learnt their lesson with Indy4.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 03:02 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

That they can release a substandard movie and folk'll just throw their money at it anyway because it holds the name 'Indiana Jones'..?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 06:32 PM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 09:57 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

'Tis the DVD equivalent of leprosy.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 06:59 PM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Although I do fear I will be buying the Blu Ray... hehehe

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 08:05 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Masochist. stick out tongue

Meh who am I to judge..?

I'll buy the bluray too......just not the disc of that film.
(Im keeping myself pure for 'Raiders'.....)
big grin

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 12:07 AM
queeq
Chaos

If we ever get that.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 06:41 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Oh we will, I'm sure.

Its one of the biggest forgone conclusions in mankind's brief evolution thus far.

Especially now that they are on a raping/pillaging mission, desperately
trying to fleece every penny, before the world realises the franchise has been murdered...

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 10:54 AM
queeq
Chaos

We turn a blind eye. It's too much too fathom... *trying to get rid of mental picture of Lucas raping Indy on a pinball machine*

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 07:28 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Squeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal boyyyyyyy........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..........................!!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 12:13 PM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 06:10 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 12:30 PM
Ingonyama
Gay X-Geek

Temple of Doom!

It may be my least favorite of the original movies, but between Mola Ram's OTT villainy, Short Round, and the, um...interesting take on Hindi mythology, it at least managed to thoroughly entertain me. ^_^

I highly enjoy it, except for the human sacrifice part (NIGHTMARE FUEL) and Willie Scott "INNNNNDEEEEEEEEEEE~!") >.<

Crystal Skull, on the other hand, was just...weird. It was great seeing Marion again, and watching there be a conclusion to Indy's adventures (therewillbenoIndyVtherewillbenoIndyVtherewillbeno
IndyV). But I just didn't get invested like I did when Indy was punching out Nazis and Thuggees and finding magic religious stuff.

I grew up on this series, though, and Temple of Doom was the first Indy movie I ever saw. So I may be kinda biased.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 11:08 PM
Ingonyama is currently offline Click here to Send Ingonyama a Private Message Find more posts by Ingonyama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Whilst I will always prefer Raiders, I've always thought Temple of Doom to be underrated by most.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 10:13 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I Freakin LOVED Temple of Doom! Hated Crystsl Skull.

I can't believe people consider these two to be equally bad. Madness.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 03:25 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Plutonic_Hat90
Ok but here's the deal. In raiders you have one scene thats far fetched, with that being the opening of the ark obviously. In temple there's the heart part, which was just awesome and still is one of the scariest scenes in movie history IMO (I was 7 when I first saw it) And in Last Crusade its <insert name here> rapidly aging along with the walking over nothing scene.

Then lets skip ahead to KOTCS:

Nuke/refrigerator scene
Mutt swinging through the jungle and then miraculously jumping back onto the jeep
Marion gunning the amphibious vehicle thing off the cliff, which lands on a tree, which slowly lowers them into the water, and then swings back killing several russians...
Aliens.
Falling off of 3 waterfalls, which would have been fine if someone got hurt or killed to show that they were actually in danger.
Aliens.

Its WAAAY more over the top then the original 3

I realize I'm posting to a way old post here, but I think the important distinction regarding believability is whether something was unbelievable because of something supernatural or if something was unbelievable within Earth's physics. What I mean by that is that there is an explanation for rapid aging from drinking out of the Holy Grail, or a man melting because of the Arc, and that explanation is sort of a "what if we found something magical." In the new movie, the hard to believe stuff was things like him surviving the nuke in the fridge (nothing supernatural to protect him, so he should be dead) or Mutt swinging by vines faster than the speeding vehicles. The alien stuff didn't bother me as much as it does other people. It may not be biblical or anything, but it is at least based on some theoretical beliefs that people have, which is a common theme among the movies so it fit for me.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 07:47 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote