KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Rampage Vs. Forrest

Who's gonna win ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Quinton "Rampage" Jakcson 7 70.00%
Forrest 3 30.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rampage Vs. Forrest
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Rampage Vs. Forrest

Who do you think's gonna win ? I personally can't tell since Forrest Griffin is extremely unpredictable I mean who could've guessed that je was gonna crush Shogun the way he did.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Jun 26th, 2008 11:07 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

we already have a mixed martial arts thread.

Forrest is not unpredicatble. his style is fairly easy to adapt to, since he has no specialty. He's manily a brawler with good skills in every aspect.

Shogun had a knee injury and was not fully prepared. In a rematch, a healthy Shogun would defeat Forrest. Shogun is still going through surgery and recovery. That knee of his is really messed up.

as for this match up, Rampage via TKO round 2. as long as Rampage doesn't take Forrest lightly.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2008 11:31 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

I want Forrest to win but I think Rampage wins by TKO him early in the 3rd round.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 12:32 AM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I am also going with Rampage here.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 08:05 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

In the end I guess, I want to see a fight that has the potential to be the fight of the year.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 08:14 PM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

I wanna see a brawl like Forrest Griffin vs. Stephan Bonner at the 1st TUF finale or Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva that last one was all that I wanted it to be.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 09:22 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pablo G
I wanna see a brawl like Forrest Griffin vs. Stephan Bonner at the 1st TUF finale or Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva that last one was all that I wanted it to be.
i would not want to see this being a sloppy brawl like Griffin vs Bonnar.

i'd rather see this being more like Rampage vs Henderson or Barnett vs Nogueira. those were real wars.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 11:00 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I highly doubt Rampage vs Griffin will look anything like Griffin vs Bonnar. If anyone is just looking for a slugfest, I think they'll be very disappointed.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 04:35 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I want Forrest to win but I think Rampage wins by TKO him early in the 3rd round.

I want Forrest to win so bad. He's such a cool fighter. That said, I think Rampage is gonna win.I say 2nd rd stoppage. Ill give him enough credit to last one round.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 02:23 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I would say Rampage.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 10:26 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I want Forrest to win so bad. He's such a cool fighter.

Both are cool/funny guys, I liked it when Forrest shot/trapped Rampage with a net gun on the Ultimate Fighter.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 01:07 AM
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Originally posted by StyleTime
I highly doubt Rampage vs Griffin will look anything like Griffin vs Bonnar. If anyone is just looking for a slugfest, I think they'll be very disappointed.

Yeah I know since Rampage is more of a ground and pound however that's the kinda fights I like, btw I thought Rampage vs. Henderson wasn't all that.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 08:29 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Pablo G
Yeah I know since Rampage is more of a ground and pound however that's the kinda fights I like, btw I thought Rampage vs. Henderson wasn't all that.

Rampage vs Henderson was one of the most adept fights i have seen since Barnett vs Nogueria (I and II).

Henderson and Rampage had so many transitions on the ground that you would rarely see in any other mma fight. The striking was impressive as well. Both fighters were taking punishment but both were displaying so much heart and determination for the belt.

I actually thought Henderson won, but it was too close to call.

this fight defined mixed martial arts. simple as that.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 08:43 AM
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Both are cool/funny guys, I liked it when Forrest shot/trapped Rampage with a net gun on the Ultimate Fighter.

laughing That clip doesnt get old!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1faOFxEF_XI

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 01:42 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
laughing That clip doesnt get old!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1faOFxEF_XI

Him and his assistant chicken faced coach..........He netted me on national tv laughing

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 03:02 PM
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
Rampage vs Henderson was one of the most adept fights i have seen since Barnett vs Nogueria (I and II).

Henderson and Rampage had so many transitions on the ground that you would rarely see in any other mma fight. The striking was impressive as well. Both fighters were taking punishment but both were displaying so much heart and determination for the belt.

I actually thought Henderson won, but it was too close to call.

this fight defined mixed martial arts. simple as that.

Very knowledgeable post...do you train Doc?

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2008 08:37 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I hope Rampage beats him down

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 1st, 2008 09:49 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Darth Creasy
Very knowledgeable post...do you train Doc?
i grew up with martial arts, and i started watching PrideFC around 03', but since it wasn't that big, i wasn't too into it. hope that made sense lol

i trained in JJ and Judo for a short time as a kid, but since the dojo was so far from home, i HAD to take up Karate and Tae Kwon Do. i LOVED it. the competitions were fun and i loved the sparring practices (just not when i had to spar with a girl, i would get so shy)

for the past few years, i've been trying to take up muay thai but school and work take up too much of my schedule. since i'm not planning on ever being a fighter, and for the most part im not a violent guy, i dont plan on taking any training too seriously

Old Post Jul 1st, 2008 11:37 PM
Elite Hunter

i loved the sparring practices (just not when i had to spar with a girl, i would get so shy)

Nah, admit you were afraid of losing to a girl, jk

Old Post Jul 1st, 2008 11:42 PM
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

i grew up with martial arts, and i started watching PrideFC around 03', but since it wasn't that big, i wasn't too into it. hope that made sense lol

i trained in JJ and Judo for a short time as a kid, but since the dojo was so far from home, i HAD to take up Karate and Tae Kwon Do. i LOVED it. the competitions were fun and i loved the sparring practices (just not when i had to spar with a girl, i would get so shy)

for the past few years, i've been trying to take up muay thai but school and work take up too much of my schedule. since i'm not planning on ever being a fighter, and for the most part im not a violent guy, i dont plan on taking any training too seriously

Cool...me and a buddy I worked with were training to fight 3 years ago. He was training training BJJ with Carlson Gracie Sr (may he rest in peace) in Chicago and invited me down. Our plan was to train for until we were good enough to fight in local shows. I ended up hurting my shoulder twice in a span of 3 months and decided get in better shape before going back.

Then I got married...

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 02:20 AM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote