KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » the Triumvirate vs Sidious and Vader

the Triumvirate vs Sidious and Vader
Started by: DantevsKratos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Hm, I don't fear you I just respect you as a great debater stick out tongue

YOU MUST FEAR ME! FEAR ME! FEAR ME!

*has a mental breakdown*

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

*fears* are you happy????*trembles so words sound like a high school freshman asking a sophomore girl out*

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 09:33 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSerpent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkSerpent
Well, you kinda are, since the Antedilluvians and the crowd that was with them are all-but exctinct...

Reading some of the old-post, I would like to know what happened.
This thread died b/c Gideon.

Kreia instakills everybody and the Triumvirate win.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 05:06 AM
Click here to Send DarkSerpent a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSerpent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Triumvirate wins because Nihilus is the most powerful Sith ever to exist.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 05:17 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSerpent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remember though, Sidious is superior since he controls and directs his power, while with Nihilus it's the other way around.

But, yeah due to his inherent nature, this should not have been discussed as much as it has been.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 05:20 AM
Click here to Send DarkSerpent a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSerpent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Advent
Great Vengeance would slap on you on the back if he could.

Then he'd realize you said Nihilus, not Revan. So he'd claim Chaucer has no say over what happened in the Canterbury Tales.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 06:43 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSerpent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Canterbury Tales, huh?

I prefer
The False Knight Upon the Road

A knight met a child on the road.

"Oh, where are you going?" said the knight upon the road.
"I'm going to my school," said the child as he stood.
He stood and he stood,
And it's well because he stood.
"I'm going to my school," said the child as he stood.

"What have you in your hand?" said the knight upon the road.
"I have my bread and cheese," said the child as he stood.
He stood and he stood,
"I have my bread and cheese," said the child as he stood.

"Well, won't you give me some?" said the knight upon the road.
"No, ne'er a bite nor crumb," said the child as he stood.
He stood and he stood,
"No, ne'er a bite nor crumb," said the child as he stood.

"I wish you were in the sand." said the knight upon the road.
"With a good staff in my hand," said the child as he stood.
He stood and he stood,
"With a good staff in my hand," said the child as he stood.

"I wish you were in the sea." said the knight upon the road.
"With a good boat under me," said the child as he stood.
He stood and he stood,
"With a good boat under me," said the child as he stood.

"I think I hear a bell." said the knight upon the road.
"And it's ringing you to hell," said the child as he stood.
He stood and he stood,
"And it's ringing you to hell," said the child as he stood.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 07:03 AM
Dominis

Originally posted by Advent

We have to go by canon not opinions, and Sidious is the most powerful sith as far as canon goes.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 07:28 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhZ3Wz4Spq8

This is what I say to you people's shenanigans.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 07:37 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

She is just joking sid so chill.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 07:38 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeedy.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 07:39 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
She is just joking sid so chill.

I wasn't getting mad. I thought she was serious so i addressed her comment.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 07:47 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah when i said chill, its just chill, not that i thought you were mad or anything.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 07:49 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Oh. But there are a lot of people who believe Nihilus to be the most powerful sith, so it was hard to tell if she was joking or not.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 07:52 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

What, How are these Dastards!!!? Point them out and ill go medievil on the bottoms!!!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 03:48 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

It would seem that, unlike every other character in the mythos, Nihilus' power has no upper limit, and is only defined by how well fed he is. Technically, he should have the potential to surpass Sidious in power - as Anakin did. The fact that he doesn't get the chance means that Sidious is still more powerful.

Advent is right by virtue of being Advent, by the way.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 06:53 PM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSerpent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Advent is an unstoppable juggernaut of pure, focus rage and fury.

I wouldn't fight with her.

Nihilus would have grown powerful enough to eradicate all life with his presence alone if he hadn't been stopped.

Even the exile admits that he is weak enough to be defeated now, which implies that on his best day, Nihilus would destroy him.

Right after Katarr, I doubt any 2 people in the mythos could have taken him. Now, at Telos, being abe to loop-out of the force would still be kind of useless.

Like Kreia says, he can't direct his power, it's like an uber-power pothead with limitless munchies, and the only relief it gets is by eating/feeding on massive amounts of the force.

The fact that Palpatine can direct and contrl his power is what makes him the superior Sith Lord. In a contest of raw power, I have no idea who wins.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 07:04 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

A well fed Nihilus is the kind of myth that Marvel fanboys like to use for a well fed Galactus.

They've never been displayed so we technically can't judge them. Sadly.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSerpent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh shitness... go to the comic forums, and you'll realize just how sensible, smart, and logical me and the rest of the flamed are.

As for my thesis, I will stand by it.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 07:17 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by DantevsKratos
i knew i was forgeting somthing
rots vader and de sidious

1.Darth Nihilus consumed planets on several occasions, caring only to appease his hunger, allowing the dark side to consume him more and more each time he indulged his ever-intensifying hunger. Alongside his hunger, his power also grew dramatically, until he eventually surpassed his Master. Nihilus became so absorbed by the dark side of the Force and his hunger that his physical body began to erode. Knowing that he would succumb to death if he did not act soon, Nihilus ripped his spirit from his body and encased it in the armor he wore, thus allowing the dark side to consume his useless body. Using the Force, the Sith Lord was able to keep his robes, armor and mask together, giving him some form while allowing him to use his Force powers as well as a lightsaber. Apart from that, he no longer had a physical form and became simple, primitive intent. 

2.Nihilus destroys the Force simply by being there. That isn't activated, it is always there. It is what he is. He has no connection to the Force. The Force itself is just plain destroyed. Which makes all attacks through the Force very ineffective. You'd essentially be throwing Force powers into a death zone where the Force does not exist. So average attacks would cease to exist and stronger attacks would be significantly weakened -- like it was rapidly suffocated. If it reaches the source, it would be for naught. Like throwing knives at a black hole and expecting it to collapse.

3.Again, your arguments make some valid points. And if we were talking about any other force user then I would fully agree to you. But Nihilus can hardly be compared to any force user as he destroys the Force itself and was getting close to just destroying it all at once. His condition creates a whole new battlefield where his very presence strips away a force user's central reliance and power, leaving only a man, woman, or child holding a lightsaber as the only defense.

4.As for your second statement, you have to remember we are talking about an entity who doesn't "perceive" the same way you or I do. His "eyes" see Force energy. And since Sidious is one of the most powerful Sith Lords to ever exist as you say, he would be radiating a huge amount of Force energy like a beacon. Nihilus is like a "black hole" in the Force. Constantly sucking in Force energy and feeding off its power. This process in turn destroys the Force.

Allow me to explain (I apologize if this takes long);
Considering what we know of Nihilus' master, we can safely assume that her intention was to make him an instrument in which to eventually destroy the Force itself as a whole, in one great feeding. After all, with every feeding his power and hunger both grew. As to why she wanted to kill him later on is because his ability also destroys life, and she has no intention of that destruction. Destroying all life is, and I quote her, "No victory at all".
Now as for fighting Sidious, we know Nihilus gets stronger when around large concentrations of force energy, and we know that through force bonds and the deaths of those he kills also increases his personal ability through the force. Actually it allows him any ability at all outside of his "feeding" as he doesn't even interact with the force. (Those trying to sense him find more of a void. A "cold, lack of force or presence") Thus he relies on outside sources (Force bonds, energy from everyone he has killed, and being near concentrations of force energy). He is not the source of his own power.

5.What does all this mean?
Simple. Sidious is a master of the dark side in the most literal term. However, Nihilus is non-comparable to other Force users as his power varies and is directly proportional to his opponent (assuming his opponent surpasses his personal power). Regardless, his "feeding" has no defense due to it devours Force energy no matter the form it it shaped into, and everything the Force touches. It is not like a simple use of Force Drain and cannot be taught. Picture it like cancer cells. Sidious throws up a defense to try and block it, and these "cells" bombard against it. The cells will just devour the energy and start to multiply at a faster rate until Sidious is simply overwhelmed and consumed at the molecular level, the process taking a blink of an eye. And if we remember the Katarr incident, he doesn't need to focus at a single target. He can just fill the room with it. Also looking back at Katarr, several factors point to this happening at the drop of a hat. (I seriously doubt the Jedi or any Miraluka/Republic vessels would have just sat there and let Nihilus concentrate for hours or days to consume the planet)

6.Just to go back to Sidious with your suggestion of creating a singularity:
First off, I have never seen anything that suggests Sidious can create black holes. He can create a barely controlled Force Storm, which is a wormhole. But that is something completely different.
Secondly, creating a black hole is suicidal. The gravitational force of a black hole would destroy them both, the room, the planet/ship/station they are on, and anything else in the vicinity.
Finally, creating either black holes or Force Storms anywhere near Nihilus would have dire consequences that would be felt across the galaxy. A Force Storm is a COLOSSAL concentration of force energy. Nihilus being anywhere near such a phenomena would result in his power+hunger growing to such an extent that he would feed on the galaxy as a whole. (He was already headed for that point anyways) Then he would finally -- all alone -- become the last victim of his own hunger and die himself.

So again, this may seem overpowered, but his condition comes only with his unique circumstance and instinct -- it cannot be taught. It also carries with it far too heavy a price. He lost his body, his humanity, became a slave to his hunger, and he was doomed to die eventually. The question has always been how many he will kill before he falls. It is not something that any other force user would desire to have.

That would suggest that Sidious actively sucks in Force energy and destroys it. Which is simply not true.

The analogy you are looking for is closer to a very powerful star. Sidious titled himself a mobile nexus of the dark side. When he is not using Force Concealment, he is radiating his power. Like a star, he is just naturally powerful (he is also theoretically the result of knowledge from every Sith Lord since Darths Bane and Zannah). But he has never, to my knowledge, tried to destroy the Force. That is his strength after all.

7.Everything Sidious does in your descriptions is through the Force. Nihilus changes the rules that would normally apply to a Force User vs. Force User battle as he becomes more threatening when around larger concentrations of Force energy. If anything you have convinced me that when Sidious is near him, Nihilus may also be a threat to nearby solar systems during this confrontation.

Again we are discussing a guy who ripped away the Force so completely, violently, and at such a critical and catastrophic moment that it physically tore open the fabric of the Force itself. To my knowledge, only he and the Exile are the only ones in Star Wars history to experience this completely foreign, (star wars)reality-defying existence. The rules of such a battle would differ significantly by a number of factors that I have listed in previous posts.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote