KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Hardcore and Metal bands.

Hardcore and Metal bands.
Started by: tylerTOXICITY

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sappho
Self-Made

quote: (post)
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
What the f**k?

Are you ****ing high??

Only retarded n00bs would classify KoRn and From First to Last as Hardcore or Metal bands

no im not high. korn is classifed as NU METAL as in metal in the style of nu. look it up if you dont believe me.

and about from first to last, i said SOME of there old stuff, mainly a couple of there heavy songs. your way quick to judge.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 03:43 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

That punk hardcore stuff is just EMO to me, its pure shit. Stuff like Throwdown is proper Hardcore.

The metal bands I listen too the most are Sevendust, Mudvayne, and Hed (PE)

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 01:03 AM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Korn does not belong on this list. For that matter, Korn doesn't belong on ANY list.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 09:35 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

look it up, and report me to the moderators that i put a nu metal band in a hardcore and metal bands thread.
face it, there metal, whether you like it or not.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 02:17 PM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa
King of the bitchslappers

Originally posted by deathbycorn
That punk hardcore stuff is just EMO to me, its pure shit. Stuff like Throwdown is proper Hardcore.

The metal bands I listen too the most are Sevendust, Mudvayne, and Hed (PE)

Are you serious? That is not an opinion. That statement doesn't even qualify as ignorant trash. For the sake of music lovers worldwide, EDUCATE YOURSELF. Please.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 04:34 AM
Barbarossa is currently offline Click here to Send Barbarossa a Private Message Find more posts by Barbarossa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

For the sake of mankind, get over your addiction with The Joker.

You obviously think that Bleeding Through and stuff is hardcore, yeah?

Wrong.

IMO there is 3 types of hardcore in this world.

1. Electronic hardcore techno - (original hardcore, from Holland)
2. Hardcore punk - (punk bands who can't play or sing metal, trying too)
3. Hardcore metal - (proper hardcore)

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 05:29 AM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa

For the sake of mankind, get over your addiction with The Joker.

You obviously think that Bleeding Through and stuff is hardcore, yeah?

Wrong.

IMO there is 3 types of hardcore in this world.

1. Electronic hardcore techno - (original hardcore, from Holland)
2. Hardcore punk - (punk bands who can't play or sing metal, trying too)
3. Hardcore metal - (proper hardcore)

Addiction to The Joker? Honestly, where did that come from?

No, I do not think of "Bleeding Through" as Hard Core. Stop making ridiculous assumptions, please. All you are going to accomplish doing so, is insult my intelligence. And make it appear that you posses less.

And your list is as you stated, your opinion. Which in this case, is horribly inaccurate.

Hard Core, is Hard Core punk. It's as simple as that. Don't sully the name of the genre with the trash people like you keep slinging into it. It is the original, and it is the only.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 05:37 AM
Barbarossa is currently offline Click here to Send Barbarossa a Private Message Find more posts by Barbarossa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Take a look at your avatar and sig.

Go to a Fall Out Boy concert, emo. You make me laugh.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 06:01 AM
Barbarossa

Take a look at your avatar and sig.

Go to a Fall Out Boy concert, emo. You make me laugh.

What of them? Having a themed sig and avi from when the movie was released, makes me obsessed? That is ridiculous, and utterly irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Personal insults, eh? Well, for your information. I do enjoy emo. I like the occasional Fugazi, and love later Articles of Faith. However, Fall Out Boy is nothing of their sorts. And I am as far from a fan of theirs as humanly possible.

By the way, thank you for being so petty, immature, ignorant, unintelligent and obnoxious. People like you brighten my day.

Lastly, the fact that you "laugh" at me, and what I am saying, only further proves my original assumptions about you. Mainly, that you are at roughly the same level in appreciation and education of music as say, XvampbenjiiX666?

Have fun enjoying your Seven Dust. *Laughs*

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 06:18 AM
Lara
Belladonna

Korn
Slipknot
S.O.A.D
Soil
Disturbed
Rammstein
Cradle of filth
Limp Biscuit
Linking Park
Drowning pool
Killswitch Engage

and various other stuff these are the ones I could remember, I need to hear new stuff I just dont get the chance.

Ooops I forgot Flyleaf

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 11:49 AM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Otep
Walls of Jericho
Bloodlined Calligraphy
Arch Enemy
Nightwish
Light This City
The Agonist

VIVA LA FEMME!!

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 12:03 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Barbarossa
Personal insults, eh?...

By the way, thank you for being so petty, immature, ignorant, unintelligent and obnoxious. People like you brighten my day.

Really...?

Honestly, you're gonna have the two-faced gall to actually sit there and say that, considering how you conduct yourself on here?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 01:08 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

all the bickering in this thread is a definite reason why the huge numbers, and some of them quite frankly ridiculous, sub genres of metal should just be scrapped....who gives a shit what they're pigeon-holed as...if you like them you like them...if someone else doesn't...big deal...it's called personal taste

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 02:18 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa

I actually have been behaving myself, for quite some time. I never really insulted him, not attempted any low-blows.

Stop attempting to be so damn abrasive, honestly.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 02:19 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

is "abrasive" your word of the week?...out of curiousity...you seem to like it

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 02:21 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa

Originally posted by jaden101
is "abrasive" your word of the week?...out of curiousity...you seem to like it

IIRC, I've used it twice.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 02:37 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

can't say i've ever had the call to use it except when talking about sand paper or brillo pads...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 06:41 PM
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Barbarossa
What of them? Having a themed sig and avi from when the movie was released, makes me obsessed? That is ridiculous, and utterly irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Personal insults, eh? Well, for your information. I do enjoy emo. I like the occasional Fugazi, and love later Articles of Faith. However, Fall Out Boy is nothing of their sorts. And I am as far from a fan of theirs as humanly possible.

Lastly, the fact that you "laugh" at me, and what I am saying, only further proves my original assumptions about you. Mainly, that you are at roughly the same level in appreciation and education of music as say, XvampbenjiiX666?

Have fun enjoying your Seven Dust. *Laughs*

Dude, I was a DJ at Raves in Sydney for 6 years, I played real hardcore; Dutch hardcore techno. I have plenty of education in music.

And I'm sorry to say it, but your still making me laugh. I'll enjoy Sevendust over a bunch of little emo Marilyn Manson wannabes anyday.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 10:14 PM
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

My favourite 'hardcore' bands are probably Black Flag and Minor Threat.

Death Metal and Screamo do not count as hardcore, imo. They just use the name because it makes them sound like rebels against the system or something stupid like that.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 02:05 PM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey leave Marilyn Manson alone! stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 03:31 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote