KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Joker 89 v joker 08

Joker 89 v joker 08
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SelinaAndBruce

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
He's an expert marksman.

The Batmobile was shooting not him and there is no guarantee with people running around, and car gas tanks exploding because of being shot that no one would be fatally injured.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 05:42 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
The Batmobile was shooting not him and there is no guarantee with people running around, and car gas tanks exploding because of being shot that no one would be fatally injured.

i agree

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 06:20 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

The scene implicates that he timed it. What you're saying is of course plausible, I don't see why he would do it if he saw the gangsters entering a truck.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 10:14 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
The scene implicates that he timed it. What you're saying is of course plausible, I don't see why he would do it if he saw the gangsters entering a truck.

Whether he timed it or not when you are blowing up gas tanks in a parking structure with people in close proximity there is no way to know you won't kill someone. Or that he wouldn't startle someone into running into the wrong direction and getting blown up or something. It was not something I think Batman would have necessarily done with the whole shadow ninja angle. Definitely not subtle and definitely not safe.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 05:22 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

These are two totally different versions of the character but if I absolutely had to choose and had a gun to my head, I'd say Ledger's Joker is better. But, both are always a joy to watch. I can see myself watching both performances millions of times before I leave this planet.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 06:23 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

I prefer Joker 89 even though joker 08 was amazing. In all fairness though. Joker 08 had much more movie time than Joker 89 and a script that was designed to make him look good unlike the script for Joker 89 which was designed for Batman.

Also, since was Joker 89 was the first real Batman movie in a long time I believe Burton tried his best to make the fans happy by including as much of what we know about the joker in the movie as possible. Norton did not have to do this we already had the Burton movies. This allowed more movie time for Joker 08.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 06:25 PM
Kotor3 is currently offline Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

to me there is NO comparison between Jack's Joker and Heath's Joker..

Jack was good, but Ledger was just simply a whole lot better

Also another main difference which I loved between the two..was the fact that Ledger's Joker had no origin story he was simply there and wanted to cause chaos and anarchy , while Burton had to give Jack a silly origin by having Batman drop him into the acid which I thought was horrible

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Aug 10th, 2009 at 07:03 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 07:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Also another main difference which I loved between the two..was the fact that Ledger's Joker had no origin story he was simply there and wanted to cause chaos and anarchy , while Burton had to give Jack a silly origin by having Batman drop him into the acid which I thought was horrible

Burton did not give the Joker just some random story. The way it happen is from Burton but not the story. Joker is speculated or it is canon that he was a gangster before becoming the Joker. It was also the chemical deformity that made him mad. People who knew the Joker stories and who did not was able to relate with his character.

As a respected and top gangster we understood why he had access to so many people and things, which we get none of in Nolan’s version. Joker appears and is the super villain who does all things and has access to everything. Why because everyone around him including Batman is stupid. The fact the Joker is a chemical genius was brought out by Burton version and never in Nolan’s version. What you like is the new version of the Joker and not the original.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 08:18 PM
Kotor3 is currently offline Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by NemeBro
Read The Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth and then tell me that Jack's Joker is more faithful to the comics.

The original and current Joker is an intelligent lunatic with a sadistic sense of humor, but also with some sort of method to his madness.

He wants to prove as Crimzon said, morality is bullshit, and insanity is the natural thing.

Sure, Jack had all the funny gadgets, but those are just superficial things. He lacked the Joker ideology.

Joker has an obsession with Batman, and desires to make Batman just like him, a murderer.

All are traits of Heath's Joker.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 03:08 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kotor3
Burton did not give the Joker just some random story. The way it happen is from Burton but not the story. Joker is speculated or it is canon that he was a gangster before becoming the Joker. It was also the chemical deformity that made him mad. People who knew the Joker stories and who did not was able to relate with his character.

As a respected and top gangster we understood why he had access to so many people and things, which we get none of in Nolan’s version. Joker appears and is the super villain who does all things and has access to everything. Why because everyone around him including Batman is stupid. The fact the Joker is a chemical genius was brought out by Burton version and never in Nolan’s version. What you like is the new version of the Joker and not the original.

I know all about the Joker.. Burton did a bad job especially saying that Batman is responsible..

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 04:00 AM
Kotor3

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I know all about the Joker.. Burton did a bad job especially saying that Batman is responsible..

I disagree, I felt Burton did a great job and his version of the Joker touched on more of the characteristics that we known the Joker to have.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 01:00 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Do you even read the Batman comics Kotor3 because BruceSkywalker does especally how he said "I know all about the Joker"

so yeah who has the better opinion of the Joker.......BruceSkywalker does.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 01:15 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

The Joker ideology first and foremost resides with everything being a Joke. That is what makes his character unique. Everything is one big Joke to him. Here are some of the most important characteristics of the Joker that Burton was able to express in much less movie time than Nolan:

• Chemically deformed
• Insane
• Crime Lord
• Jokester
• Obsessed with Batman
• Chemical Genius

Please tell me how many of those Nolan’ version clearly expressed? For the record I am fine with the fact that some people prefer Nolan’s version however his script definitely catered to the Joker whereas Burton’s catered to Batman.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 01:16 PM
Kotor3

Originally posted by Kazenji
Do you even read the Batman comics Kotor3 because BruceSkywalker does especally how he said "I know all about the Joker"

so yeah who has the better opinion of the Joker.......BruceSkywalker does.

I am not even going to answer that question. If BruceSkywalker is your critic for Batman then fine, don't bring it up to me. I could care less.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 01:18 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Look go out and read The Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth then reply back.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 01:21 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Originally posted by Kazenji
Look go out and read The Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth then reply back.

I really do not know what your problem is. Nolan's version is based upon those not Burton's. You do know when The Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth were released?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 01:43 PM