KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » eric draven vs agent smith

eric draven vs agent smith
Started by: DantevsKratos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

That doesnt kill Draven, and I was under the impression that fights here were to the death.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 08:32 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
It only "worked with Lee" because he happened to be cast in the role, because he is who we saw portray Draven. If another actor had been cast and did a decent job, we'd all be saying "Dude worked, no one else can be Draven except for this guy." Brandon Lee wouldn't even cross our minds. To be honest, Lee was a bit above average actor, nothing special, and there are a lot better actors out there than him.

The first Crow was epic, the second was decent the rest blew chunks. The best casting decision was Michail Wincott as Top Dollar.

I totally agree, partner. I've never been against "the Crow" sequels. Well, at least until i saw the sequels laughing out loud The first sequel had a few redeeming qualities in a sea of shit but the others were unforgivable.

Yeah, Lee wasn't a stand out actor, in fact, other than a few pieces of shit and one stand out performance we can't say that he was much more than another disposable action star. However, his performance in The Crow was spectacular. I must say, though, coming from you i didn't expect that. Although there are a few brilliant casting Directors who seem know which actors are perfect for certain roles, it's all luck. Sometimes a super Director can give the illusion that an actor was made to play a specific character but i don't think this was the case in The Crow. I believe Brandon Lee adopted Draven's character as a vehicle of opportunity and expression. Would you say that anyone else could play Han Solo or Indiana Jones or is Harrison Ford the only actor you would accept?

I would totally be down for another high production installment but a re-imagining of the first movie...,why? I also have to give credit to the supporting cast in The Crow. It wasn't just Lee who was busy making The Crow a good movie.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 01:22 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Would you say that anyone else could play Han Solo or Indiana Jones or is Harrison Ford the only actor you would accept?
Think on it like this...IF Tom Selleck had been cast ad Indy, IF Harrison ford had never been in the picture, IF we had never seen anyone but Selleck as Indy, we would all agree that Tom Selleck IS Indy, and that no one can play Indy as well as Tom Selleck.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 01:43 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Think on it like this...IF Tom Selleck had been cast ad Indy, IF Harrison ford had never been in the picture, IF we had never seen anyone but Selleck as Indy, we would all agree that Tom Selleck IS Indy, and that no one can play Indy as well as Tom Selleck.

Yeah, i definitely know what you are saying but i just wasn't sure why you were saying it. I wasn't sure if you were trying to make a point other than the one that i took away which was, no matter who portrayed Eric Draven in The Crow it would be the same movie, regardless.

Harrison Ford isn't Indiana Jones to me just because he happened to play the character three times (4th doesnt count). Ron Pearlman isn't Hellboy because he happened to play Hellboy in both movies. I can't imagine these characters under the control of another actors talent because i am completely content with the original performances. I know that seems to further strengthen what you are saying but it's late, i'm buzzed and bug eyed, so my articulation is even more infant than usual. I guess the easiest example that i can use at this point would be Batman. To some people Adam West is still the one and only Batman, to others, it is Val Kilmer or Michael Keaton. Is it the relation of personal age and first time exposures that determines which Batman is someone's favorite or is it Directing and acting? Personally, i believe it is Directing and Acting.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 11:48 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

That doesnt kill Draven, and I was under the impression that fights here were to the death.
Why?

If you can incapacitate your opponent, rendering them unable to continue the battle, it is still a victory.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 06:38 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Why?

If you can incapacitate your opponent, rendering them unable to continue the battle, it is still a victory.
It's just a common agreement amongst posters here. Fights are to the death.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 11:50 AM
NemeBro

It's just a common agreement amongst posters here. Fights are to the death.
Then the common agreement is fallacious and wrong.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 09:40 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's true.

In all of the other vs. forums on KMC the fight ends when your opponent can't fight back, weither they die or are knocked out or thron to the other side of the plabet or something doesn't matter.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 09:43 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder how strong Draven actually is.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 06:21 AM