KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » John McClane VS Martin Riggs

John McClane VS Martin Riggs
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 31 32 [33]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sado22
i'm the thread starter. its just that this one isn't going anywhere is all.

That means you're trolling your own thread, good job, *******.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 04:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Think on it like this, Rob. You and I are fighting. You beat the holy hell out of me. You totally pwn me hand to hand. I crawl away and come back with a bulldozer and run you over.

Who won the hand to hand?

Obviously I got the upper-hand, as I beat you more. But I didn't defeat you, as you weren't down and out, were you now?

Again, you shot yourself in the foot with the Jack Travis comment. If a "cop as tough as they come" can defeat Riggs as you stated, a guy like McClane (cop+tough+insanely durable) certainly can; he can also deliver a classic one-liner after he does it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 14th, 2009 at 04:09 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 04:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Wow. A lot of b**** talk going on from the Riggsers, yet not much relevancy. Nice to see some consistancy in their position. smile

And Travis wasnt half the fighter McClane is.
His hit is very generic and two-a-penny next to McClane.

Riggs' main asset was speed/flashy roundhouse stuff over McClane.

It takes a lot of speed and the obvious physical conditioning to pull that off at the best of times.

The first thing a fighter loses as they age is speed.
The last thing is the power.

Aged Riggs wouldnt be able to pull that shit from LW 1 off against McClane who still relying on endurance and power, would be free to brutalise Riggs, who demonstrated what he is like without flashy roundhouses and stuff against that rookie cop in the boxing ring.

Younger fitter man with more power with phenomenal tough endurance VS older less mobile man who was great in his prime, but these days gets owned these days by his sparring partners....?

The old mans gonna be hitting either the showers or the hospital/morgue pretty early.

McClane wins again.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 04:38 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Wow. A lot of b**** talk going on from the Riggsers, yet not much relevancy. Nice to see some consistancy in their position. smile

And Travis wasnt half the fighter McClane is.
His hit is very generic and two-a-penny next to McClane.

Riggs' main asset was speed/flashy roundhouse stuff over McClane.

It takes a lot of speed and the obvious physical conditioning to pull that off at the best of times.

The first thing a fighter loses as they age is speed.
The last thing is the power.

Aged Riggs wouldnt be able to pull that shit from LW 1 off against McClane who still relying on endurance and power, would be free to brutalise Riggs, who demonstrated what he is like without flashy roundhouses and stuff against that rookie cop in the boxing ring.

Younger fitter man with more power with phenomenal tough endurance VS older less mobile man who was great in his prime, but these days gets owned these days by his sparring partners....?

The old mans gonna be hitting either the showers or the hospital/morgue pretty early.

McClane wins again.
Going down with the ship, are you?

Yeah, McClaine is like a senior in high school. Is that your new crutch?

I love how you always say, at the end of your posts, "McClaine wins." laughing It shows that you have nothing left, except for "Just cuz."

Originally posted by Robtard
Obviously I got the upper-hand, as I beat you more. But I didn't defeat you, as you weren't down and out, were you now?

Again, you shot yourself in the foot with the Jack Travis comment. If a "cop as tough as they come" can defeat Riggs as you stated, a guy like McClane (cop+tough+insanely durable) certainly can; he can also deliver a classic one-liner after he does it.
No. You beat me hand to hand. You won the h2h fight. Case closed. You arent a stupid man, why are you acting stupid?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 06:57 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
That means you're trolling your own thread, good job, *******.

i wouldnt be trolling if you weren't going around and f0cking up a thread. you plainly refuse to see the other dude's point, deviate from the point at hand and flame. not to mention the number of times i had to tell you boys to keep it cool. that's bigger shite than trolling a thread.

and watch that potty mouth, palooka. you probably have more glass in your jaw than McClane did in his feet big grin

~Sado

Last edited by Sado22 on Jan 14th, 2009 at 08:29 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 08:26 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Close?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 08:31 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Closed at the request of the thread starter.

Thank the F*ck Christ.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 09:44 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote