KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Darth Vader

Darth Vader
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Darth Vader

How did lucus get the idea in the first place of vader ?? he could have made a monster but he gave us darth vader . Any idea how lucus came up with the idea of creating lord vader ?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 08:18 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Hmm, the helmet was from Nazis I think.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 04:37 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sweersa
Hmm, the helmet was from Nazis I think.

I think stormtroopers were based on Nazia as well

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 09:29 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by steverules_2
I think stormtroopers were based on Nazia as well

Yes, and Vader's guard type people in the black helmets like his are based on them as well.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 11:44 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Re: Darth Vader

Originally posted by coolmovies
How did lucus get the idea in the first place of vader ?? he could have made a monster but he gave us darth vader . Any idea how lucus came up with the idea of creating lord vader ?

His suit was kind of supposed to be the ultimate iron lung. It kind of creepy when you think about it, since he's essentially being kept alive by the suit, he's almost kind of a zombie, stumbling around and etc.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 04:45 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

monster? Like the cookie monster? I dont think he was trying to make a comedy

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 01:32 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by JediRobin23
monster? Like the cookie monster? I dont think he was trying to make a comedy

Maybe life is one big comedy in Lucas' eyes. Hehehe.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 11:49 AM
queeq
Chaos

He doesn't have much of a sense of humour.... Although, after seeing KOTC, he DOES have a sense of humour, just a very odd one.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 02:18 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

I always thought the helmets were created so they could explain crossing from the Star Destroyer to the Taintaive in EP IV.
Breathing in space.

There is a samurai element to Vader and even though Lucas created Vader the person he never came up with the design.
http://www.kropserkel.com/DVconceptual.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 04:37 PM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by vintageSW77
I always thought the helmets were created so they could explain crossing from the Star Destroyer to the Taintaive in EP IV.
Breathing in space.

There is a samurai element to Vader and even though Lucas created Vader the person he never came up with the design.
http://www.kropserkel.com/DVconceptual.htm

Maybe the stormtroopers used some type of docking seal type connector to get into the Rebel ship, becuase Officers had to go on the Tantive IV eventually. The Rebels also expected their point of entry which leads me to believe it was some type of docking seal.

The back of Vader's helmet also resembles the back of a Nazi helmet.

http://www.usmbooks.com/images/FRANKREICH/NachF7.jpg

MANY different elements from all sorts of historical, religious, and fiction sources have been incorporated into Star Wars.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 08:17 PM
coolmovies

cool thanks alot

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 08:19 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by coolmovies
cool thanks alot

your welcome smile

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 08:21 PM
queeq
Chaos

Vader was always based on a samurai warrior. That includes the face mask, some (ceremonial) samurai armour had face masks as well.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 09:17 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

Originally posted by sweersa
Maybe the stormtroopers used some type of docking seal type connector to get into the Rebel ship, becuase Officers had to go on the Tantive IV eventually. The Rebels also expected their point of entry which leads me to believe it was some type of docking seal.

Sure but it was originally intended for the troopers and Vader to pass through space.
It would have lessened the impact of Vaders entrance but it would have been great to see that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 10:11 AM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe... Flying Vader.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 11:49 AM
sweersa

Originally posted by vintageSW77
Sure but it was originally intended for the troopers and Vader to pass through space.
It would have lessened the impact of Vaders entrance but it would have been great to see that.

I would liked to see that. I wonder how well they would pull that off in 76. They would need some type of rockets or some kind of vessel.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 11:58 AM