KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Davy Jones question.....

Davy Jones question.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Why did we name a thread after that twit?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 08:46 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

Uhhhh....

I think it was because Impy and I talked about the fact that she might invade the forums and everyone was asking who she was. The background story was too long for the thread we were on so Impy gave her a seperate thread. That was BEFORE she showed up.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 10:43 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Oh, okay. Well, back to Davy Jones. What I want to know is, Calypso says that he was many things, but never cruel. What do you think he was like before he became the Davy Jones we all know? Like was he basically a nice guy, or did he pull an Anakin and was kind of angsty and dark even before anything bad happened?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 02:44 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Oh, okay. Well, back to Davy Jones. What I want to know is, Calypso says that he was many things, but never cruel. What do you think he was like before he became the Davy Jones we all know? Like was he basically a nice guy, or did he pull an Anakin and was kind of angsty and dark even before anything bad happened?

teehee, pulled an Anakin... I like that.

maybe he became bitter after calypso left him.

I won't blame him for that... He has the right to be bitter... a woman DID leave him after all... calypso or not...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 12:37 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

My goodness, this is a sticky wicket yes?

What my deal is about the DJ? is: DJ cut out his heart becos he was grievously wounded by Calypso's unfaithful actions. Got that. He made choice and then twisted off to become Mr. Rogue FD captain, with his vengence based interpretation of how to handle dead and dying of the sea. (Dutchman's job was to ferry souls--10 years service, then new captain--I know there was "other" on that--my bit here, my interpretation of curse thank you very much).

Okay, so second verse: Kill the captain, become new captain got it. So why in the heckydo did the crew decide to gut Will Turner?!

Other captains of the FD didn't have to forfeit hearts? DJ didn't leave his with any one person, just buried it up to keep it away from pain. Doesn't seem right that the crew decided to butcher Will. Doesn't make sense none some a'tall. In "dying", Will stabs the heart, sidesteps death so to speak, becomes captain--eyah, it's done. DJ wasn't dead when he became captain, was he? Sounded like he was in the land of the living (albeit, possibly Leaning towards Nutso County) when he fell for Calpyso. Anyway, my rift on this unusual question.

The other: Just nasty--without redeeming social value.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Feb 28th, 2009 08:16 PM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

good question, tex.. I guess i just thought its part of the "rules", but come to think of it, it prolly is just because of Davy's wrong stuff that he did...

maybe it became part of the rules after davy... but then again, that won't be fair. and calypso is sorta fair when it comes to the dutchman captains - sort of. that's why i thought that after ten years there'd be a new el kapitan of the dutchman because will's term was up...

nyways, just another plothole AWE failed to clear...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 12:31 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

It depends on whether you put more value into T&T's vision or in what is actually on screen. T&T had every intention of Liz's faithfulness freeing Will after 10 years, which is a much better ending since we're going to go the willabeth route anyway. What is on screen though, is significantly different because that little loophole is never mentioned and there are no clues, in spite of what anyone may say, that Will will be free after 10 years. So it all depends on your interpretation and where you place your values.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 04:33 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

okay, scratch that, another hole AWE made.
hmm, I guess it always comes to that, eh Willo? thanks for the insight, btw...

just another thought... suppose Will does return after ten years and stays... will he have another one of those "open heart surgeries" to put the heart back in?? or something?
and What if Davy Jones suddenly decided to be good again? will the curse be lifted and the heart quite possibly be put back in?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 09:46 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Well, Davy Jones is dead. When the heart was stabbed, he died and plunged into the sea, so in a way, he was reunited with Calypso.

Hmm, how would Will being freed work with the heart? I never understood why his had to be cut out. Maybe on the day he is able to come back from good, it could just materialize back in him, like the chest would suddenly be empty and his body would be like it never happened?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 02:34 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

just a what if - he went back to good before he died? xD

yeah - it just didn't make sense, eh? maybe the crew - including his dad - lost it... i mean, more than an eternity at sea...

yeah, maybe, and he even has that big old nasty scar to show off to the ladies and to prove it!

i wonder why they had to cut his heart, though... is it suddenly part of the "rules"??

*sighs* I wish they would just clear all this up! even if they're just what ifs!

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 11:20 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

bump

a friend of mine has an idea on why will's heart was cut out - he said, maybe it was because of the rarity that the new flying dutchman captain would go corrupt and stuff, and so its like some sort of control machanism or something...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 02:48 PM
Bwa Ha Ha

Hey, Jaeh, on a random note: I watched National Treasure yesterday! Like your siggy.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 08:37 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

*mechanism, not machanism* so what do you think of it?

aw, thanks bwa ^^ I'm a diehard (teehee) fan of National Treasure - ESPECIALLY Riley Poole... I write fanfics... xD

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 02:36 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
bump

a friend of mine has an idea on why will's heart was cut out - he said, maybe it was because of the rarity that the new flying dutchman captain would go corrupt and stuff, and so its like some sort of control machanism or something...

I don't understand. Do you mean now that a captain going corrupt WASN'T such a rarity now that all captains AFTER Davy Jones would have to get their hearts cut out to avoid going corrupt? Please clarify because I don't see how that would prevent someone from going all crazy.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 02:47 PM
siriuswriter

wouldn't will still feel luuuurve and all that since he left his heart with lizzie [it's been yours all along, or, you know something like that.] it reminds me of the stardust thing, like, yvainne loved tristan so much that "her heart was his" and so they both were able to live eternally...?

i think that if the heart was destroyed ANY OTHER way than stabbing it, the Dutchman, which after all is a ghost ship, would be unghosted, and everyone bound to Davy Jones would finally go on to rest in peace. Also, the Locker would let go all of its prisoners so they could go on to their eternal rest as well.

but of course, the heart had to be stabbed, because it was the only way will could live, and in the official lore of Davy Jones [as heard from Gibbs? i think? so of course that makes it official. or from calypso, who would know. or from jack, who would know from either gibbs or calypso. anyway.]

since there was only a rule about stabbing, and that's what happened, the whole "yay let's rip out will's heart because he's done absolutely nothing wrong!!" thing.

but i do sincerely think that after the ten years, will got to leave the ship IF lizzie stayed faithful. and then, boat dissolves, souls go to eternal rest, la dee da the people who die on the sea go ahead in the little boats with the lanterns in front.

YAY happily ever after.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 04:07 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
*mechanism, not machanism* so what do you think of it?

aw, thanks bwa ^^ I'm a diehard (teehee) fan of National Treasure - ESPECIALLY Riley Poole... I write fanfics... xD

Seriously, you do?

eek!

Do ya' post them? I'd love to read 'em! big grin
And yes, I loved it! It doesn't hurt that my mom's favorite actor is Nicholas Cage, and she's bashing me into the ground with his movies.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 08:09 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by willofthewisp
I don't understand. Do you mean now that a captain going corrupt WASN'T such a rarity now that all captains AFTER Davy Jones would have to get their hearts cut out to avoid going corrupt? Please clarify because I don't see how that would prevent someone from going all crazy.

lemme clear it up... xD

my friend reasoned that maybe, Will's heart was cut out so that if ever he goes corrupt, someone else could stab his heart and such...

so if ever will goes corrupt, someone else could kill him and take his place. or something like that...

Originally posted by Bwa Ha Ha
Seriously, you do?

eek!

Do ya' post them? I'd love to read 'em! big grin
And yes, I loved it! It doesn't hurt that my mom's favorite actor is Nicholas Cage, and she's bashing me into the ground with his movies.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I do! seriously xD

they're on fanfiction.net... http://www.fanfiction.net/~jedipiratejaeh

click my ff.net profile and look for the NT stuff... xD

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 10:26 PM
Bwa Ha Ha

AWESOME! I'll go check it out right now....

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 09:28 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

So scars are sexy right?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 12:18 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

depends on how you got it...

nice siggy, RJ... love the sentence, too...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 10:39 AM