KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Gomorrah

Gomorrah
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gomorrah

Anyone seen it?...Is it good?....Should i buy it?

ehhh...ohhh...fuggidaboudid...gedafugouddaheee....oh...eh...

well??

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 10:25 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I think it's getting a theatrical release in the U.S. this week. It's been getting very good reviews, I'll definitely check it out. But since I haven't actually seen it, I can't really say whether or not you should buy it.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 11:23 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

A few of the 'actors' in this film have been arrested in real life apparently for 'mafia' matters.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 11:32 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSpade

I didn't really enjoy this film, it was pretty dull. It's more a docu-film than a 'proper' film and whilst it no doubt shows the true story of the Sicilian mafia and the activities which they engage in it didn't make a particularly enjoyable watch. It was being touted as the new Godfather and it was far from it. There's lots going on in the film just a shame none of it was very interesting, several story lines which go nowhere and have little relevence to each other.

Too much hype surrounding this film and it being touted as something it wasn't. Dissapointing.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 04:01 PM
TheSpade is currently offline Click here to Send TheSpade a Private Message Find more posts by TheSpade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I felt the same, I didn't get what all the fuss was about to be honest, got a lot of 4 star ratings too.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 10:20 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

erm I also seen this movie and found it quite boring

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 07:26 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I watched about half of it, didn't impress me too much. I left to get something to eat; forgot to watch the rest of it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 05:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It's too old fashioned Italian neorealist, to connect with what people expect from a modern gangster story. Liked it, but think it's overrated.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 08:19 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soruoi
Just me

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
It's too old fashioned Italian neorealist, to connect with what people expect from a modern gangster story. Liked it, but think it's overrated.

Agree on the fact that it is a bit overrated.

But I have to say that I was a bit blown away by the style of the movie and the scenes. Being used to stuff like The Sopranos and The Godfather this movie shows a really different image of organized crime.
I did like it...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2010 06:53 PM
Soruoi is currently offline Click here to Send Soruoi a Private Message Find more posts by Soruoi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote