KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Why are "ancient" weapons more powerful than third age weapons?

Why are "ancient" weapons more powerful than third age weapons?
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Do they date pre 6,000 years? Can't remember the name of the book of the top of my head, but are they that old? My LOTR history is a bit rusty.

War Doctor

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 04:14 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Actually, they are OLDER than 6000 years, as they, Radagast, Gandalf, and the Blue Wizards are all Maiar, so they are older than the Earth itself.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 12:22 AM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

6000 years? Where did that number come from?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 12:24 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

well, the Third Age was about 3000 +years, the second was 2000-4000 and the First Age 1000, and before in the Ages of the Trees, that was a long time, at least 500, and before the Earth was Created which could have been 20 or so years, but they ARE over 6000 since they have seen every year that ever happened.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 05:06 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder what they (the Maiar) do in their free time...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 01:20 AM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

I dont know..... I think they do what the Valar want them to do.......

Isil

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 07:32 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

If I remember the Silmarillion and the chronologies at the back of the books right, each Age of Trees was 10,000 years, roughly a combined 6000 for the years of the Sun and Moon, and there was like 10,000 years following the creation, the Lamps, and Melkor's darkness.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 05:28 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

I forgot about the chronologies, but yeah ur right more or less

Isil

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 07:15 PM