KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Up

Up
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I just saw it. Absolutely gorgeous and touching film. Just a sheer joy to watch and experience. There were two scenes in this movie where I don't think there was a dry eye in the entire audience.

Amazing movie, best of the year so far, by a mile.

My eyes were dry the entire time. no expression

But even so, there were a few touching moments in this film. Pixar always seems to deliver on the emotional front moreso than many other animated films/companies.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 04:07 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'd say moreso than most other animated or non animated films.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 10:33 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

That's true. For me though, I think there'll always be a barrier that keeps me from being as emotionally moved by animation as opposed to live action.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 05:39 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

In terms of villainy what is the villain like, personality wise and how to does he rack up to previous villains in Disney or at least pixar history?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 01:00 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Recently watch this movie. All I can say is that it's amazing.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 08:30 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
In terms of villainy what is the villain like, personality wise and how to does he rack up to previous villains in Disney or at least pixar history?

He definitely isn't one with 'power'. The guy is painted out to be this great explorer in the beginning, but he turns out to be an insane old fart that gets greedy (can you blame him though, isolation can do that) and is willing to kill. Kudos to him for training all those dogs and inventing the voice translator though.

Alpha is the other villain, and his voice and style of speech are a freaking hoot & full of WIN. That's all I need to say about the dude (dog).

Originally posted by BackFire
I just saw it. Absolutely gorgeous and touching film. Just a sheer joy to watch and experience. There were two scenes in this movie where I don't think there was a dry eye in the entire audience.

Amazing movie, best of the year so far, by a mile.

When Ellie (damn, she was pretty when she got married) dies is one. I admit, I was severely bummed when I saw that she couldn't get pregnant, and later when she died. I can only imagine Carl's feelings during the days after Ellie's death.

I can't quite remember the other moment as there were quite a few of those touching/sad ones. The final scene of the house got an 'AWWWW' from nearly every single person in the cinema. Marvelous end.

~ Best Pixar film I've seen, only Ratatouille and The Incredibles are worthy imo. I'm just surprised Up wasn't directed by Brad Bird. Pete Docter and Bob Peterson did a fantastic job though.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Nov 10th, 2009 at 08:21 AM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 08:14 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen

He's pretty much an obsessed old man that refuses to fail.

As far as villains go, he's a really awesome nemesis. Despite his age, he's very intimidating and ruthless.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 12:28 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Finally bought this after missing it in theaters. it was great. Glad I found the Blu-Ray/Dvd combo thingy for fifteen bucks. It was such a nice movie.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 10:33 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ I got that 4 disc set, I was pleasantly surprised to find it for only £11, brand new. Yay. So I've got the DVD to watch until I swap to Blu Ray.

It is still in the cinemas only here. smile

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 07:17 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by MildPossession
^ I got that 4 disc set, I was pleasantly surprised to find it for only £11, brand new. Yay. So I've got the DVD to watch until I swap to Blu Ray.

It is still in the cinemas only here. smile

Yeah, that's what I picked up as well. Even the digital copy is cool because it when I take the city bus to college, I've been watching it a lot lately on my iPod. Great film.

Here in America it wasn't in theaters very long, at least in my area.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 11:28 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

beginning=good movie. middle=funny movie middle end/dramatic climax=shitty "meet the robin sons" movie. End=good movie.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 08:28 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Samurai100

Just saw it and i was really good

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 06:26 AM
Samurai100 is currently offline Click here to Send Samurai100 a Private Message Find more posts by Samurai100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

BEST PICTURE NOMINATION! Yes! Happy Dance

Plus nominations for original screenplay, original score (which it SHOULD win), sound & animated feature.

I know it's not the favourite, but it's a bit of justice for PIXAR to get this recognition.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 08:42 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd rather see other films win Best Film, but it definitely deserves to win Best Animation.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 11:09 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sufi

I saw UP last month and it was an amazing movie. The story was very touching and brought tears to my eyes. I'll definitely vote YES for this to win best animation movie.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 07:49 AM
sufi is currently offline Click here to Send sufi a Private Message Find more posts by sufi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Am I the only one who thinks this movie suffers from the villain/his army of dogs and some of the jokes associated with them? Everytime the movie gets touching, it goes back to dogs flying airplanes or something zany like that. I guess it IS a family film, but still.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 09:15 AM
Vinity
Restricted

Account Restricted

Amazing visual effects.

Amazing sound.

Hilarious comedy.

Old Post May 24th, 2010 09:05 AM
Vinity is currently offline Click here to Send Vinity a Private Message Find more posts by Vinity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

didn't like it that muchsad was cute but not as I had expected thinking it had won an academy award.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2010 06:25 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

this movie was sad at the start but a great film 10/10

Old Post Aug 14th, 2010 10:28 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KurtRussellCrow
Restricted

Account Restricted

One of my favorite Pixar movies. Tho they always do an excellent job, Up in my opinion went above and beyond. Squirrel!!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 06:14 PM
KurtRussellCrow is currently offline Click here to Send KurtRussellCrow a Private Message Find more posts by KurtRussellCrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote