KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Descent

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Descent
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Bartender gestures to the viewscreen.

"Election debates," he scoffs. "As if the people decide who becomes Cirdare of Luon. I take it you're not from around here."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 12:14 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

"No, just arrived an hour ago." Con said taking a sip of his water, then he continued, "what's the election about then?"

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 12:22 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

For the record, the Cirdare is the effective leader of Luon.

"They're debating about the Syndicate's involvement in government," the bartender says, cleaning a glass. "Not much point. Azrakel Joon used to be in their pocket, but he's changed his tune. Broden Abzi is the new Syndicate posterboy."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 08:22 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

"How did Joon change"

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 11:15 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"The Syndicate got him into the Senator's seat, so he followed their every word. Now he's advocating that they be removed from power and be labeled as criminals. I don't see him lasting long."

On the screen, Joon seems to support what the bartender is saying.

"If we continue to let these thugs roam the streets, how can we say that Luon is a free and democratic world, upholding the principals of the Galactic Republic? Right now our capital has the appearance of a backwater world under a military dictatorship, like something out of Hutt Space. But if the Syndicate and their political agenda is curtailed, the Senate will once again take interest in our glorious planet and send the support that will allow us to make the reformations that Luon so badly needs!"

There is no applause from the audience in the cantina, likely because a pair of Syndicate thugs are sitting in a nearby booth eyeing the viewscreen warily.

"It's a dangerous subject for a stranger to be asking about," the bartender warns.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 08:46 PM
Bardock42

"Oh, I see!" Con said and paused. "And what if I want to mean one of the gentlemem. How would I go about that?"

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 09:07 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Good luck," the bartender says. "Joon isn't seeing anyone. Abzi, you might as well try getting into the Syndicate's court."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 10:08 PM
Bardock42

"Hmm, and where is Joon located?"

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 10:18 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Holed up in his government complex, probably," the bartender says. "What do you want with him?"

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 11:58 PM
Bardock42

I'm looking for some people. Heard they are working for the Syndicate."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 12:12 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"You won't find 'em," the bartender says. "Nobody goes looking for the Syndicate that they don't want looking."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 12:44 AM
Bardock42

"Hmm, I will have to make them want me to look"

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 12:54 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"That's dangerous talk, stranger. Not something I need to be dabbling in, if you get me."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 12:58 AM
Bardock42

"You can point me on my way, and I will be gone"

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 01:10 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The bartender shakes his head.

"Only Syndicate know how to find Syndicate. If they decide to start looking for you, it's because your time is up."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 01:18 AM
Bardock42

I'd like to look around the bar again, who stands out? And a special look at the Syndicate thugs, are they like lowest level, etc.?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 10:54 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Everyone in the bar is crowded around the viewscreen. You could wait until the debates end, or watch them yourself.

And yes, these are average thugs. They have pistols sitting on the table despite the 'No Blasters' policy.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 03:00 PM
Bardock42

Do I have my weapons?

And I guess I will attend the viewing then. Anything interesting being said?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 03:23 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, you do.

-

Broden Abzi, a dark-haired, pale man in a black suit, is countering Azrakel Joon, a brawny, fair-haired individual in a blue suit.

"On the contrary, my friend, the Syndicate is doing nothing if not helping Luon attain its former glory! Luon is far enough from the Galactic center that the Republic sees no reason to give it the resources it needs from without. The Syndicate has enacted several programs using its vast funds to procure jobs for the fine Luonese citizens. In fact, as we speak, the starport is receiving much needed repairs and major boosts in security, after that attempted bombing last month..."

"That bombing was staged by the Syndicate!" Joon interrupts fiercely.

Explains the men you saw working in the starport earlier, and the Syndicate security men.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jun 15th, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 09:09 PM
Bardock42

Wonder what the reason was, though.

Is that debate live?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 10:25 AM