KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » The General Discussion Thread

The General Discussion Thread
Started by: The Grey Fox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21759): « First ... « 13226 13227 [13228] 13229 13230 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rudester
Tommy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Depends on how you approach drugs. You have some people where just, overall, being high is the end game.

Others, it's like...okay, smoke this, then read this. Or smoke this, then watch this, etc.

Being identified as a gay male, drugs go hand and hand. I experimented with all sorts of drugs.. Some more than others and found it intoxicating.. But mainly stayed away from the dangerous heavy ones. I've lost a lot of friends to drugs, seen them become shells of their former self. Seen a few friends become homeless, naked wondering the streets. Most druggies steal for their next fix.. They change physically and lose weight, their skin turns dry and they get deep wrinkles at a young age. They stop caring for their appearance and eventually tune out of reality. They no longer can control their arms, legs, and body.. Social interaction becomes difficult and finally they become aggressive.

My doctor says I'm no longer allowed to do drugs, I've had to many close calls. My heart almost stopped. And drugs are no longer a choice. My life has slowed down, I no longer party, drink or smoke. Sex is no longer fun. My idea of fun has gone from doing crazy things to going to the library and reading. I've gotten smarter, and my relationship are more meaningful. I speak my mind and have finally found the conference to talk to anyone about anything. I'm still learning and I never want to stop.

Last edited by rudester on May 24th, 2018 at 04:45 AM

Old Post May 24th, 2018 04:43 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

Originally posted by rudester
Being identified as a gay male, drugs go hand and hand.

Wait.. wut?

I know many gay males who have never done drugs.

Why would being a gay male have anything to do with someone doing drugs

It’s up to the individual regardless of the social situation they are in

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 11:32 AM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

Anyways, speaking of gay

Comic con have a special “Gaymer” talk about being LGBT+ in the gaming world

Old Post May 24th, 2018 12:30 PM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
Anyways, speaking of gay

Comic con have a special “Gaymer” talk about being LGBT+ in the gaming world

Lol. It could be worse...at least Anita Sarkeesian isn't involved.

Wait, did you make up the term "gaymer" or do they legit refer to themselves that way? That is hilarious if they do.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 01:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

I don't see the issue

Old Post May 24th, 2018 01:51 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

These ****ing emails about updating privacy policies can **** off

Old Post May 24th, 2018 02:36 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Social interaction becomes difficult and finally they become aggressive.
Remember how Colossus said you only get 5 or 6 chances in life to be a hero.
Social interaction doesn't lead to aggression. It is aggression cowards run from.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 24th, 2018 02:44 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Hi walshy. The good shepherd doesn't flea. Believe me my beloved will not cry out.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 02:53 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

It’s legit.

The website says

“ L G - London Gaymers

London Gaymers take the stage to discuss being LGBT+ in the gaming world”

Old Post May 24th, 2018 03:47 PM
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

Tbh I’d quite like to hear the talk

But I think I might roll my eyes and tut a lot

Like I’m all for gay rights, but sometimes I feel like ppl are just creating more problems for themselves

Old Post May 24th, 2018 03:48 PM
Scribble

"Gaymers" is a good name, I can't really think of a better descriptive name

Old Post May 24th, 2018 03:53 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Hi Piggle Humsy. Well if we have our rights and someone else needs more rights than that doesn't have to always be the only special people on earth are the President and the Pope.
The falsification occurs when safety is an excuse as to why not when. I mean when the excuse is always safety.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 03:58 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Hi wonder man

Old Post May 24th, 2018 04:18 PM
Scribble

Hi Walshy smile

Old Post May 24th, 2018 04:44 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

No

Old Post May 24th, 2018 04:45 PM
Scribble

yes

Old Post May 24th, 2018 04:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
"Gaymers" is a good name, I can't really think of a better descriptive name

Maybe, but what does being gay have to do with playing video games? I don't care who a person wants to bang, but it seems like some people love to define themselves by things that are beyond their control(like sexuality).

I just don't think anyone gives a shit anymore about gays lol. Sure there will always be some people who hate, that goes for anything. But the stigma around it has largely disappeared.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 05:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Surtur
Maybe, but what does being gay have to do with playing video games? I don't care who a person wants to bang, but it seems like some people love to define themselves by things that are beyond their control(like sexuality).

I just don't think anyone gives a shit anymore about gays lol. Sure there will always be some people who hate, that goes for anything. But the stigma around it has largely disappeared.
Because being gay is also often a subculture, with its own set of trends, styles, and perspectives. It's not just always about their sexual orientation to them, it's an identity. And why not? I define myself by a bunch of different things, mostly things that make me slightly different overall, whether it be my music taste, me being a musician, being an only child, whatever – these things make up my personality, and being gay would also be one of those, if I were gay, because why the **** not, really?

There's still stigma against gay people in a lot of society, I've met plenty of aggressive homophobic dickheads in my years (and I've never met anybody who is vocally outspoken about hating straight white men like me), and homophobia definitely exists in online gaming – the word 'faggot' is pretty much the no. 1 insult on games like CoD and shit, so I guess gay gamers would have a different perspective on it.

But also it's a nice way for people to meet like-minded people, "oh hey this is person is gay and likes video games, that means we already have two things in common, maybe him and his boyfriend could come and chill with me and my boyfriend and we could all have a laugh and talk about being gay [because being gay will be a different experience for each different person] and play video games"

Like idk it's not just about shoving 'being gay' in anyone's face or any huge way to overthrow straight culture, it's just some gay guys and gals who play video games, it's basic representation. I'm all up for giving platforms to black gamers, disabled gamers, gay gamers – I've heard plenty of perspectives from straight white male gamers, I mean hell most of my friends are straight white male gamers, so getting some diversity in there is basically just getting fresh new content for free (as long as it's actually good)

I mean I have absolutely no intention whatsoever of watching it, maybe it'll end up being shit, who knows, but it got me thinking so I thought I'd weigh in my 25p anyway, turned out longer than I expected but I think there are some decent points in there somewhere

Old Post May 24th, 2018 05:25 PM
Scribble

Also btw the new Parquet Courts is ****ing banging

Old Post May 24th, 2018 05:26 PM
Scribble

I don't go to the GDF, the GDF comes to me

Old Post May 24th, 2018 05:28 PM