KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator Inconsistancies

Have you found any inconsistancies in the "Terminator" films and show?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 6 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Terminator Inconsistancies
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

You could look at it as if the John Connor in T3 is in a different timeline than the John Connor in TSCC (and i've gone crosseyed)
Any way there will be no more inconsistancies with TSCC as it has been cancelled. No more Cameron in her underwear. sad

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:07 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ahnold
I would say that the most significant inconsistency across the films is the issue of John Connor's age. According to the T-1000's stolen police car screen, John was 10 during the events of "T2" (placing that movie in 1995); however, in his monologue at the beginning of "T3", John instead claimed that he was 13 at that time.

Even if the police car readout was incorrect, John couldn't possibly have been 13 in "T2", as this would've placed the movie in 1998 - one year after (the original) Judgement Day! Oops ...
It's also said in T3 that the events of T2 happened when John was in 8th grade, that would make him 13 or 18, but T1 happened in May, placing John's birth in February, and T2 happens in Summer time (don't ask me how I know), so that would've made him 14.

Also, T3 shows Sarah's birth date as 1959, making her 24 in T1, even though she's 19, despite her being said to be 29 in T2 which happens 11 years after T1.

Also, T1's introduction says the final war happens in 1984. Of course that is not the case. Similarly, T2's intro only states 2 assassin's being sent back in time.

Another weird thing is why after 11 years after the events of T1, there is still just the original terminator as their only weapon? Surely they would've discovered and developed a hell of a lot quicker.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 12:38 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Originally posted by lord xyz
Another weird thing is why after 11 years after the events of T1, there is still just the original terminator as their only weapon? Surely they would've discovered and developed a hell of a lot quicker.

In T1 Skynet sent back the T-800 from the year 2029. In T2 John Connor sent back the T-800 from the year 2030, so it's not a 11 years really, only one. In that time Skynet develops the T-1000.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 08:57 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by barand1
In T1 Skynet sent back the T-800 from the year 2029. In T2 John Connor sent back the T-800 from the year 2030, so it's not a 11 years really, only one. In that time Skynet develops the T-1000.
Not what I meant.

Skynet started when the first Terminator was sent back in time, and Dyson has the hand and chip of the original Terminator.

11 years later, that's still all he has.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 10:16 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Not what I meant.

Skynet started when the first Terminator was sent back in time, and Dyson has the hand and chip of the original Terminator.

11 years later, that's still all he has.

The technology Skynet used was much more advanced than the technology Cyberdyne were using in the 80s/90s. Cyberdyne used reverse engineering, which can take time to process. To discover the unknown data and technology Cyberdyne would have had to analyse the structure, function and operation of the chip from T1.

"It was scary stuff, radically advanced. It was smashed... it didn't work. But it gave us ideas. It took us in new directions... things we would never have thought of. All my work is based on it." - Miles Dyson

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 12:14 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by barand1
The technology Skynet used was much more advanced than the technology Cyberdyne were using in the 80s/90s. Cyberdyne used reverse engineering, which can take time to process. To discover the unknown data and technology Cyberdyne would have had to analyse the structure, function and operation of the chip from T1.

"It was scary stuff, radically advanced. It was smashed... it didn't work. But it gave us ideas. It took us in new directions... things we would never have thought of. All my work is based on it." - Miles Dyson
No replications, no prototypes? Come on. 11 years.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 04:43 PM
barand1

No replications, no prototypes? Come on. 11 years.

Well the answer is no, as nothing is mentioned. Replications and prototypes happened when CRS took over. Maybe Cyberdyne were just getting to grips with it before Cyberdyne was blown up.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 07:34 AM
U Neek
Mr

Is the fact that Arnie appears as a cybernetic organism surrounded by living tissue in the first, second and third Terminator not an inconsistency? Think about it...

The Terminator is an infiltration unit, designed to "blend" in. How are five "Arnold" style Terminators meant to blend in??? Or 10 for that matter? Once Skynet releases an "Arnold" style Terminator, Skynet cannot really release another, the resistance would know about it. And when another Arnold Terminator does turn up after a group of resistance fighters have dusted a previous one, they'll just go "Look, it's that bloke with a dodgy foriegn accent. Terminator!"

I have thought this through, and Skynet would probably release a Terminator of the same model to different resistance camps. But why would it use the same looking Terminator to infiltrate these camps? Surely it would send a Cameron style Terminator to infiltrate one unit, a Cromartie style to infiltrate another. Etc etc. Therefore there should only be one of each looking Terminator, not 15 or so.

Just a thought.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 06:54 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Good question. I of course don't have a good enough answer (yet) but I guess it could of just been random that John had the CSM 101 captured and sent it back (T2). Maybe it was destiny?

As for T3, I guess another was captured and sent back in time because that's the model John would recognize.

I suppose Skynet just has it's terminators on mass produce and as we know, Skynet has it's flaw.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 07:42 AM
darthmaul1

I think John has a conection to that terminator so maybe he picked it the arnie model and sent it back in T2 and in T3 it was the arnie model that killed john in the future cause skynet knew they would have an emotional connection, so katherine sent that terminator back to protect them.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 06:49 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by RevoWution™©®
I reckon the only reason they put that scene into the movie was to pay tribute to T2. They most probably knew they were screwing with a consistency issue but they thought, "hey, why don't we just add it in, just to remind people of T2!".

He could have been programmed to do that, too.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 05:18 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deepstructure

Organic matter only?

The biggest inconsistency for me is the fact that in T1 its explained that only organic material can come through - that's why they come through naked.

But then how does a big hunk of metal like a T-800 come through? And if you can send some massive amount of metal through simply by covering it in a skin of organic material, why not send weapons through with the T-800? Then he could have his phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Cameron makes a lame attempt to address with this exchange between Kyle and the doc:

Kyle Reese: You go naked. Something about the field generated by a living organism. Nothing dead will go.
Dr. Silberman: Why?
Kyle Reese: I didn't build the ****ing thing!
Dr. Silberman: Okay, okay. But this cyborg, if it's metal...
Kyle Reese: Surrounded by living tissue!

But even if we accept that - it still doesn't explain why the T-800 couldn't bring weapons with it the same way.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 10:20 PM
deepstructure is currently offline Click here to Send deepstructure a Private Message Find more posts by deepstructure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Good point deepstructure. Because presumably a "phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range" would be made out of metal. Why not just cover it in the same living tissue that the Terminators are surrounded by, right? You would think both things (Terminator and the rifle) would be made of similar material.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2012 07:30 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote