KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Kessler!

Respect Kessler!
Started by: C. C. Cowgirl!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quincy
Debaser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
What makes you so sure there'll be a second game? Maybe they don't plan a sequel

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 05:55 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

What makes you so sure there'll be a second game? Maybe they don't plan a sequel

Because since 2004 any game being produced is guaranteed a sequel, it's just how it works, jumping the gun and all.

Also theres the Beast to contend with.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 06:14 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

The Beast is kinda a cliffhanger

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 06:41 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

There's way too much left in the open for there to not be a sequel. Sucker Punch wouldn't do that to us. At least, I really hope not.

I can't edit my post on the first page with the spoiler. erm

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 06:55 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
There's way too much left in the open for there to not be a sequel. Sucker Punch wouldn't do that to us. At least, I really hope not.

I can't edit my post on the first page with the spoiler. erm

Don't worry about the spoiler. I've come to better thought. The OP warns people about spoilers. If they suffer one when reading this thread, they brought it onto themselves.

It's really built up for a followup, with Moya, The Beast, Sasha(?) and all that end of the world stuff.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 06:58 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I agree.

I actually can't wait for some kind of continuation on this. Maybe Kessler even gets his own game and you get to play as him before he realizes he can't win his fight.

I was very disappointed with my results playing as total Hero in the game too. Villains get all the cool stuff. sad

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 07:03 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

I was disappointed that it was easier being good than bad. That's completely upside-down.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 07:15 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

^Truth.

Evil can have it's awesome stuff, but it's unfair to not treat good the same. I'd probably give good some better toys simply because it should be harder to be good, like you said.

I still love Sucker Punch though, they simply rocked with Sly Cooper. I'm sure they'll make anything else amazing as well.

I wonder what new powers we'll get in any other InFamous game. Puppeteer anyone?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 08:32 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

The creators has liberty of option. The Ray Sphere has no particular focuspoint when it comes to superpowers, so although lightning is the primary power of Cole, it's not necessarily all there's to it. Teleport, speed boost and telekinesis are three powers I'm hoping for. Double-jump and a phase ability would be interesting as well.

All would be potentials given what's already seen of Cole and Kessler. Super speed is implied in the "Final Message" cutscene, where Kessler holds his family and runs with some energy aura around him away from the scene of battle.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 08:42 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

The Beast is kinda a cliffhanger

/he'll be piss easy.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 09:14 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Not necessarily. Both Kessler and Alden proved to be a challenge on hard difficulty. At least in a relative sense. Took me perhaps two hours or so to beat Kessler. Sure it's not that much time really, but I don't think it will be easy. I remain optimistic.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 09:18 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I've played enough games this gen to realise the only hard boss to date is Dr. Wily from Megaman 9, how sad's that? Only one hard final boss.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 09:22 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

It's true that bosses are fairly easy now in comparison to back in the days. Spyro the Dragon and Donkey Kong bosses were hellish to beat.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 09:25 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Part of it is just because you got older, at least for me that's most of it. I do agree that bosses still aren't as hard as they used to be.

InFamous is more of a shooter too, and Shooter games I think are generally easier than all the others. I'd take a platformer any day. erm

Kessler for me got a little tricky. I didn't realize he summoned those grenade shooting drones and they kept almost killing me. Plus I hated how little your shots did to him. I unloaded all my charges on the Megawatt Hammers, it barely hurt him at all.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 09:37 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Age has some to do with it. With age comes talent. With talent, no game that require skill over power is hard for too long. In a shooter game, you only need skill to win (In most cases). You can beat InFamous using only your basic lightning from beginning to end.

Yet Kessler proved refreshingly challenging. One false move and you could've died.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 09:48 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Age has some to do with it. With age comes talent. With talent, no game that require skill over power is hard for too long. In a shooter game, you only need skill to win (In most cases). You can beat InFamous using only your basic lightning from beginning to end.

Yet Kessler proved refreshingly challenging. One false move and you could've died.

He seems to have a life bar made up of stone and thats another point to respect dude doesn't go down easy.

I agree with the age but still, even hard modes in games have become pathetically easy, Resident evil 5, Dead space, Halo 3 and Gears 2, all those games super hard modes are nothing at all compared to the original contra you know?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 12:16 AM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

I don't agree on the Halo 3 part. Legendary Halo 3 has proved itself way out of my league, and I do compliment myself in being a good player.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 12:19 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I don't agree on the Halo 3 part. Legendary Halo 3 has proved itself way out of my league, and I do compliment myself in being a good player.

What?

Halo 3 was the first Halo game I owned and legendary was still a walk in the park bar Cortana...that mission is hard....never mind the game is fail...but that's for a different thread.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 12:22 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
What?

Halo 3 was the first Halo game I owned and legendary was still a walk in the park bar Cortana...that mission is hard....never mind the game is fail...but that's for a different thread.

I didn't understand that until just now. All I thought was "Where was there a bar in a park? And what does Cortana have to do with any of that?"

Anyway, Halo campaigns are only fun to me when I do co-op. 'cause I like to shoot my partner from time to time. Plus it's hilarious when I make them do all the driving because they can't shoot, and they can't really drive either.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 04:14 AM