KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » What is the best comic book movie?

What is the best comic book movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Dark Knight 35 58.33%
Iron Man 6 10.00%
The Incredible Hulk 2 3.33%
The Crow 2 3.33%
Spider-Man 2 5 8.33%
X-Men 2 5 8.33%
Batman(1989) 5 8.33%
Total: 60 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What is the best comic book movie?
Started by: Indestructible

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins/V for Vendetta

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 07:08 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
And how many movies have you seen Bale in, going by that it seems to be only TDK.

equilibrium
American psycho
harsh times
reign of fire
terminator:salvation
public enemies
dark knight
batman begins

of those movies i felt that he was shit in begins, dark knight, public enemies, salvation, and equilibrium.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 01:16 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jcvaldez

Originally posted by Kazenji
And how many movies have you seen Bale in, going by that it seems to be only TDK.

Christian Bale is a fantastic actor!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 03:08 AM
jcvaldez is currently offline Click here to Send jcvaldez a Private Message Find more posts by jcvaldez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Indeed.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 08:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Dark Knight.

It's not my favourite but I think it's the best done.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 10:54 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Premo
Restricted

Account Restricted

TDN followed by IM and then Hulk.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 10:56 AM
Premo is currently offline Click here to Send Premo a Private Message Find more posts by Premo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Spiderman 2, loved it and it had the best ever comic book movie fight, Doc Ock vs Spiderman train fight

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 11:31 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

The Dark Knight and Watchmen

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 03:01 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

Honestly, I expected more out of Scarecrow in a movie.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 06:46 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

I really enjoyed the new Hulk movie.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 02:38 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Indestructible
The Power House

Mine would have to go(gonna kick myself in the head for forgetting watchmen)

1. The Dark Knight
2. Iron Man
3. Watchmen
4. Spider-Man 2
5. The Crow

Fav Villians: The Joker, Red Skull, The Riddler, Two-Face, Bane, Ozymandias, Magneto, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Pyro, Blob, Avalache, Toad, Sabertooth, Green Goblin

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 05:34 PM
Indestructible is currently offline Click here to Send Indestructible a Private Message Find more posts by Indestructible Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by kgkg
I really enjoyed the new Hulk movie.
I didn't care for it. Norton is great. But Liv Tyler was distractingly bad. I laughed everytime she opened her mouth from the midpoint of the picture on up.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 08:02 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

All things considered (story, cast, FX)...Iron Man.

Tie for 2nd place: Spider-Man 2 and Superman 2. Spidey had a good story, by far the better FX (I still get chills watching him swing through the city), but loses with Mcquire and Dunst; Superman 2 had a great story, much better cast, but poor FX by today's standards (Superman Returns, on the other hand, gives me the chills with the whole plane scene, but the story, Roth and Bosworth didn't do it for me).

Solid 3rd place: Batman Begins, mainly because I'm not a Batman fan and CGI FX were minimal, but it was very, very realistic. I mean, this was the first Batman film where I could really accept Batman happening.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 08:03 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Where's The Dark Knight or Watchmen? TDK eclipses 'Begins in my book. Iron Man was cool but the story wasn't anything special. Just a great potrayal by Downey and great FX(preferred it over the first Transformers). Overall Iron Man is let down by the weak climax and the lack of action. There are only really 4 action scenes: Break-Out, Mark II, Gulmira, and Climax.

The Dark Knight had a better story, far superior cast, and better action. It was actually an intense experience. And instead of one great performance in Downey Jr., there were 2 great performances in TDK in Ledger and Eckhart. Not to mention everyone else was truly solid. All of the action scenes in TDK are well done by Nolan: Bank Heist, Hong Kong, Police Chase, Hospital/Lambo, Climax.

Watchmen is the same as TDK just to a lesser degree. I agree with you on Spiderman 2. Great action, loved Molina as Ock but Dunst and Toby suck. If the actor in the lead role sucks then the film most likely will be bad. I enjoyed Spiderman 2 however. 1 and 3 just weren't good for me.

The Incredibles, V for Vendetta, and Blade II are all personal favorites of mine.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 08:12 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Where's The Dark Knight or Watchmen? TDK eclipses 'Begins in my book. Iron Man was cool but the story wasn't anything special. Just a great potrayal by Downey and great FX(preferred it over the first Transformers). Overall Iron Man is let down by the weak climax and the lack of action. There are only really 4 action scenes: Break-Out, Mark II, Gulmira, and Climax.

The Dark Knight had a better story, far superior cast, and better action. It was actually an intense experience. And instead of one great performance in Downey Jr., there were 2 great performances in TDK in Ledger and Eckhart. Not to mention everyone else was truly solid. All of the action scenes in TDK are well done by Nolan: Bank Heist, Hong Kong, Police Chase, Hospital/Lambo, Climax.

Watchmen is the same as TDK just to a lesser degree. I agree with you on Spiderman 2. Great action, loved Molina as Ock but Dunst and Toby suck. If the actor in the lead role sucks then the film most likely will be bad. I enjoyed Spiderman 2 however. 1 and 3 just weren't good for me.

H'm. I can't really disagree with you about Iron Man, ie, there were no scenes which gave me the chills (eg, like with SpdrMan 2); I just thought it had the best mix of all the important elements. Plus: no man in tights. As well as it might work in the comic book medium, on screen men in tights/spandex, well, starts to look silly if one looks too closely. The armor, however, was quite kickass.

Watchmen: the film was too long given the relative lack of high-intensity CGI FX (though Dr. Manhattan was superb). Not that I like Transformer 2 intensity (my eyeballs are still vibrating from that one); more like kind of what you were saying with Iron Man is why I'm not ranking Watchmen higher.

TDK: also a bit long for my tastes, and Heath Ledger...he gave a great performance, but I miss the high-intensity CGI. TDK did bypass the man-in-tights thing, which was good. But also, as I mentioned before, I'm not a Batman fan, so no doubt that's skewing my appraisal of the film.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 09:00 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Agreed, the armor was cool and original. On the contrare I thought the scene in Gulmira was jawdropping b/c we had not seen that before. More jawdropping than anything in Spiderman 2.

I don't mind a long film if it's entertaining. There wasn't a single moment in TDK or Watchmen where I felt "they should have cut this". Transformers 2 on the other hand..............that movie had NO business whatsoever being how long it was. High intensity CHI is Transformers by Michael Bay. TDK's lack of CGI was what made the film somewhat realistic atleast compared to other films of it's genre. The film transcended it's genre.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 10:14 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

They shouldn't have cut anything in Watchmen because they cut enough out of it anyway.

The film shouldn't have been made.

The book cost WAYYY less to make and still managed to be leagues better.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 06:36 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Thank god for the directors cut thats coming to the dvd but still i wonder how much is put back into the film.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 06:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I've never read the graphic novel so the film as is didn't bother me.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 05:20 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You call yourself a comic fan?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 06:37 PM