KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Warner Bros. and DC Comics Win Superman Case

Warner Bros. and DC Comics Win Superman Case
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
My first impression is the Siegels are a bunch of money-thirsty assholes. Is there any context that might change that ?

nope.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2009 09:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

man this is soo messed up.

I really hope they can get out of this, and i still support dressing up as batman and hanging them over the side of a building untill they sign over the rights again

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 15th, 2009 10:02 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Supes should belong to Siegels and DC not WB.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 06:54 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by The Nuul
Supes should belong to Siegels and DC not WB.

DC is a part of WB though, thats why they own it also.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 01:41 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by jalek moye
DC is a part of WB though, thats why they own it also.

aye. WB are also the reason we've had so few dc movies of the past few years. bastards.

love the warhammer sig btw, you play dawn of war?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 03:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

yes i do. very good game

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 04:00 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

yes i do. very good game

aye, totally agree. i still play dark crusade from time to time, and dow 2 of course is awesome.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 04:15 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

allthough I enjoyed the first one and its expansions more then the second one. The second one is still good

Warhammer 40k also has some cool comics

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 04:54 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

allthough I enjoyed the first one and its expansions more then the second one. The second one is still good

Warhammer 40k also has some cool comics

i know what you mean. dow2 seems less like an all out battle fest compared to dow. dow2 is a lot more reliant on slow, tactical play.

yeah, the comics are pretty good. i read the ultramar one, and one series with the Black Templars. good stuff.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 05:39 PM
Squirrel Fart

But WB doesn't know shit about Supes and cannot make a great Superman movie, they should leave the comics stuff to DC.

They are stuck doiing the same stupid plot and same stupid villain over and over again.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Aug 16th, 2009 at 06:19 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 06:17 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Does anyone think Dc is going to change Superman's origins. I think they are changing it. A new comic is coming out called Superman: Secret Origins

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 09:20 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Does anyone think Dc is going to change Superman's origins. I think they are changing it. A new comic is coming out called Superman: Secret Origins

I heard they were just Fixing it, because not all of the byrne era stuff was removed yet.

Unless of course the sigels are making them change it or something like that

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 11:34 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

it's geoff johns' origin for superman. iirc, it's dc's way of nailing down a definitive origin.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 11:47 PM
emporerpants

so what does this all mean for superman? what does everyone think will happen to the character? will the comics be affected? if so, how? will superman be affected in all forms of media, such as not using him in cartoons or tv series?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 06:34 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by emporerpants
so what does this all mean for superman? what does everyone think will happen to the character? will the comics be affected? if so, how? will superman be affected in all forms of media, such as not using him in cartoons or tv series?

if the Siegels dont want him to be used, DC wont be able to do anything about after 2013

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 07:00 PM
xJLxKing

Obviously, they will allow him to be used. However, they will surely ask for a nice profit (like royalty). Superman means a lot to DC; they'll pay a good price for him.

In worst case scenario, I see Superman being used by other companies, even marvel. In addition, he'll probably be seen a lot less in comics after 2013. I don't see him having 5 different comics (AC, Superman, JLA..etc)

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 07:15 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Obviously, they will allow him to be used. However, they will surely ask for a nice profit (like royalty). Superman means a lot to DC; they'll pay a good price for him.

In worst case scenario, I see Superman being used by other companies, even marvel. In addition, he'll probably be seen a lot less in comics after 2013. I don't see him having 5 different comics (AC, Superman, JLA..etc)

or even worse they start there own comic company with him as there main hero sad

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 07:16 PM
xJLxKing

or even worse they start there own comic company with him as there main hero sad

They wouldn't dare. They are just money hungry.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 07:39 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i really can't see dc letting this stand. superman makes them more money than most other heroes combined (bar bats). besides, they have like 3 years to put something together. if they keep it in court, even, they can keep the siegels at bay for years...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 09:49 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by The Nuul
But WB doesn't know shit about Supes and cannot make a great Superman movie, they should leave the comics stuff to DC.

They are stuck doiing the same stupid plot and same stupid villain over and over again.

Hey - Warners has owned DC for over 30 years. They produced the first movie with Christopher Reeve. This is just some serious nut-twisting business legalize.

What will the Siegels & Shusters do once they get all the rights in 2013?

(Maybe Alan Moore is their 'consigliere' in this. :evilsmile)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 10:09 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote