KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Liberator

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Liberator
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (54): « First ... « 51 52 [53] 54 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

The walkway gives you a point of cover. To truly get lost in the darkness you would need to switch off your lightsaber, and you're not sure if that will lose him...

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 04:41 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Bad idea then. If I jump down would I be able to attack him before he draws his tonfas?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 04:48 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yes. Either he will get initiative and you will be at range, or you will get initiative and strike first.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 04:53 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

I'll take that risk. Jump back down and attack.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 04:56 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Attaaaack!

Wentar leaps down from the walkway before the Assassin can line up a proper shot. He comes down atop the Assassin, cutting him for 10 damage even on his way down before tumbling into a roll and coming up behind the Assassin.

The Assassin isn't going to let you get away THAT easily, though. Having swapped in his Gun schticks last turn and this turn, he goes for his Marksman + Eagle Eye tap again. This time you are more vulnerable and he gets four successes for 11 damage! Uh oh...

-----

FINAL CONFRONTATION, Start of Turn 11

Senator's Ballroom

Wentar (LS9): 3 (4)/54 [FcGu] [BG RF BL] (1F)

Assassin (G8): 35

-----

Refresh turn again!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 05:06 AM
Craft
CTE

Can I refresh, swap in and tap block in the same turn?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 05:10 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Sure can!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 05:11 AM
Craft
CTE

Alrighty!

Combat push, tapping block and attacking

Tapping Focused Guard if he gets initiative.

The last shot being too close for comfort Wentar decides to throw all his might into one final swing. Calling upon the force to knock the assassin back and give Wentar a better opening.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 05:16 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Assassin gets initiative! Instead of sticking with his blaster, he tosses it down and goes for his tonfas again. He then taps Preying Mantis for his twinned attack... but as Wentar taps Focused Guard, he only takes 2 damage total! The tonfas both come down on Wentar's shoulders but he defiantly intercepts the attack with his blade held outward!

Sparks rain down from the tonfas as the Assassin tries to push Wentar back and lower the Jedi's guard. But Wentar headbutts him and uses the Force to Push him back and onto the floor, giving Wentar his opening! He lunges forward with +4 dice from Combat Push and +3 dice from Block for a total of fifteen dice. Your lightsaber swipes downward across the Assassin's chest, leaving a burn mark across his armor just below where you hit him last time. 15 damage!

-----

FINAL CONFRONTATION, Start of Turn 12

Senator's Ballroom

Wentar (LS9): 1/56 [FcGu BL] [BG RF] (0F)

Assassin (C8): 50

-----

Down to the wire here...

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 05:22 AM
Craft
CTE

Swap out Focused Guard.

Battered and sore Wentar feels he has no other option then to fight, knowing that, at this point, escape is near impossible. He spins his lightsaber for one, possibly final, attack.

Since I probably wouldn't survive a disengage, attack and hope the rolls fall into my favor.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 05:34 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Initiative is... yours.

The strength in your arms is faltering, Wentar. Those tonfas have been causing terrible spasms in your muscles wherever they hit, and that last shot burned a hole clean through your thigh. Limping into position for one final push, you gather your focus and strike as the Assassin recovers...

Six successes is more than you needed as your lightsaber slices cleanly through the Assassin's torso, leaving a third gash in the chest of his armor. He looks down at it for a moment, then drops his tonfas and collapses to the floor.

Wentar is victorious; the Assassin no longer poses any threat to Senator Farl.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 05:42 AM
Craft
CTE

Wentar drops to his knee's as the assassin falls in front of him. Exhausted, physically, mentally and emotionally. The fight was over, a fight that never would have happened if he had just walked away. Killing three assassins to save the life of a corrupted man in league with slavers. Was it worth it? he thinks to himself.

Looking over at the body, he reaches for the Assasins mask, wanting to see the face of the man he just killed.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 05:54 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You reach down to remove the man's mask...

Pew! Pew! Pew!

You buckle in agony as the white-hot sting of lasers strike you squarely in the back. Falling onto the Assassin, your face presses against the expressionless black mask before you roll over, wincing in anguish as you accidentally roll onto your fresh wounds.

Farl stands behind you, laser pistol smoking.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 05:59 AM
Craft
CTE

Shot by the corrupt man he just took a beating for, Wentar feels sick just to be in this man's presence now. A man Wentar would have once died to protect, but now would like nothing more then to see him suffer.

"Farl!" Wentar snarls, a frightening amount of anger and hate filling his voice. "What the hell is all this about!?"

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 06:06 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Farl smirks, then waves the pistol toward the Assassin. He fires a series of shots into the dead man's chest, enough to penetrate the armor.

"You know too much, Wentar," Farl says. "The Assassin was right. If you went digging deep enough you would find that yes, I am indeed being bribed by pirates to steer the Commission clear of their operations. And yes, I AM selling my own people into bondage. Useless people that none would miss, to paraphrase our dead friend here."

He brings the pistol back to you.

"I can't have you digging, Wentar. You have saved my life, and I thank you, but now your job is done."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 06:18 AM
Craft
CTE

"You wont get away with the, Seantor," Wentar says bitterly, glaring into Farl's eyes. "The Jedi know there is a bigger picture, they wont just stop after my death, they will bring you to justice. Just you watch."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 06:28 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Senator Farl shakes his head.

"What evidence do they have?" Farl asks. "You only understand now because someone told you. That someone is now dead, as will you be. The Jedi may speculate, but to them I am a long time supporter of the Order, and I have left no trail to follow. The Council will simply accept that you were killed by the Assassin and I..."

Farl puts another bolt into the dead Assassin for emphasis.

"...finished him off. There is nothing to say otherwise."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 06:33 AM
Craft
CTE

"And what about the Kylugo Srum? Do you really think they will just stop?" Wentar asks. "Especially now that your all alone. Emso, Drufter, myself. Who's left to protect you? The Tyr'sen? I doubt it."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 06:42 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"I am a negotiator, Wentar," Senator Farl says. "It's what I do. The original purchase of my services by the Tyr-sen was to remove them as a topic from the Commission's concerns AND to hammer on the Kylugo Srum. The Tyr-sen want Srum territory, you see. But why should I neglect one for the other when I can just have both? Double my payments and find new outlets for Triskatani slaves... a splendid plan, don't you think?"

Farl offers you a cold smile.

"Such a plan would not have worked before, but as you have killed their best assassin... the Srum might be willing to listen. Again, I thank you."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 06:48 AM
Craft
CTE

"You disgust me," Wentar spits. "All this just for money and power.... I refuse to stand by and let you get away with this!"

Wentar will attempt to rise, calling his lightsaber to him so he can attack this man. Farl intends on killing him anyway, Wentar wants to go out fighting for good.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 06:59 AM