KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Punisher MAX relaunch

Punisher MAX relaunch
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Holy terrible spelling and grammar, Batman. Don't sit there critiquing the man's intellect when you can barely string a coherent sentence together.

I never insulted the man's intellect, I simply dont think he clever. Grammar and spelling have zero to due with one's intellect.

Anyway, I never said Ennis was good at writing everyone, did I? He obviously has shitty ideas of Hulk, Daredevil and others. The man isn't perfect and I never said he was, you fool.

Did I ever say you said he was perfect? Nope I did not. Again there no reason for your petty insults.

I simply said that if it's not him writing Punisher MAX, which I feel he DID do amazingly, then I'm not interested.

I dont agree I think he not very good at all, nor did he fallow the entire point of the max line which is to be more realistic which, it has failed to be over and over.

If you can't keep up with what I'm saying, go to the kiddy table.

-AC

I know what you were saying, but my comment had nothing to do with you, it was my own thoughts on how bad ennis is and the reasons why I feel he so bad.

hypocrisy at it best, saying I need to "go to the kiddy table" when you the one acting the role of the child with all your pointless insults, which were not warranted or needed.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:51 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

AC you are still just as abrasive as you were in 2004, you ever think of changing you tactics and general demeanor to one of a less insulting and aggressive individual.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:55 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You weren't even around in 2004. You came two years after.

Originally posted by Battlehammer
I never insulted the man's intellect, I simply dont think he clever. Grammar and spelling have zero to due with one's intellect.

If you can't spell, it doesn't look good for your intellect. I'll be honest.

Did I ever say you said he was perfect? Nope I did not. Again there no reason for your petty insults.

I dont agree I think he not very good at all, nor did he fallow the entire point of the max line which is to be more realistic which, it has failed to be over and over.

I don't want my comics to be realistic. I don't buy comics for realism. The only unrealistic element was how he changed the characterisation of the people you mentioned. That was unrealistic based on their characters, not actual realism.

You don't think he's good, I think he did Punisher really well. The stories were excellent.

I know what you were saying, but my comment had nothing to do with you, it was my own thoughts on how bad ennis is and the reasons why I feel he so bad.

hypocrisy at it best, saying I need to "go to the kiddy table" when you the one acting the role of the child with all your pointless insults, which were not warranted or needed.

So, when the shoe is on the other foot, you want to complain?

You bore me and I don't suffer fools, so I'm afraid you get the sharp end of the honesty stick. If you can't understand what I'm saying, then don't get involved. We've interacted before and it's been established that you lie to cover up your own lack of knowledge.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 12:11 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

You weren't even around in 2004. You came two years after.

I was here 6-7 months before you, this is not my original account. If you pm a mod they will verify this for you.
[/b]

If you can't spell, it doesn't look good for your intellect. I'll be honest.

My spelling fine, it my typing and the fact I rush posts, which is why the errors emerge, because I simply don’t care enough to take the time.

Spelling has nothing to due with one intellect as Einstein can protest.

[/b]

I don't want my comics to be realistic. I don't buy comics for realism. The only unrealistic element was how he changed the characterisation of the people you mentioned. That was unrealistic based on their characters, not actual realism.

You don't think he's good, I think he did Punisher really well. The stories were excellent.

I was referring to the max line which was supposes to be more realistic then the normal lines.

I don’t he did, and I can give many examples of bad stories done by him.

You bore me and I don't suffer fools, so I'm afraid you get the sharp end of the honesty stick. If you can't understand what I'm saying, then don't get involved. We've interacted before and it's been established that you lie to cover up your own lack of knowledge.

-AC

No complaining it an observation that you should try to stop insulting other all the time, and try simply just debating.

I understand everything you have said, it just be loads of insults after another and you have been quite immature.

I don’t lie at all my friend, you made up events and I did not understand what you were speaking about, because how you represented the event is not how it happen, I even offered to give you scans of the event.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 12:47 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was here 6-7 months before you, this is not my original account. If you pm a mod they will verify this for you.

What was your original account name? Perhaps I knew you.

My spelling fine, it my typing and the fact I rush posts, which is why the errors emerge, because I simply don’t care enough to take the time.

Not an excuse. You obviously take the time to reply to me and others, continually, so why not just spell correctly? It isn't hard. It's also very courteous, especially considering this is a messageboard.

There's something wrong if, by a grown age, you cannot correctly spell words. That's just how it is. Although, this is all irrelevant.

I was referring to the max line which was supposes to be more realistic then the normal lines.

I know. I was saying I don't care about realism.

I don’t he did, and I can give many examples of bad stories done by him.

I thought his Punisher stories were all good.

Good and bad are subjective. You cannot give proof that any story was bad, because it's up to the reader to decide.

No complaining it an observation that you should try to stop insulting other all the time, and try simply just debating.

If you know me as well as you claim (Which you don't), you'd know that it's what I'm known for outside of this forum. The fact that I jab people who deserve it doesn't negate the substance and quality of my arguments.

I understand everything you have said, it just be loads of insults after another and you have been quite immature.

Obviously you don't understand what I've said because my posts have not at all been that way. They have had points, which you've ignored.

I don’t lie at all my friend, you made up events and I did not understand what you were speaking about, because how you represented the event is not how it happen, I even offered to give you scans of the event.

You didn't even know of them until I told you. You're a liar and you're a well known Wolverine fanboy. Proven here.

I didn't even bring it up, I was speaking generally. Obviously you have a guilty conscience.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 01:27 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And also he did get some of his ideas for the Punisher stories from things happening in the world today such as slavery and the sex trade which he used in 'The Slavers vol 8'.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 06:55 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

What was your original account name? Perhaps I knew you.

Not an excuse. You obviously take the time to reply to me and others, continually, so why not just spell correctly? It isn't hard. It's also very courteous, especially considering this is a messageboard.

There's something wrong if, by a grown age, you cannot correctly spell words. That's just how it is. Although, this is all irrelevant.

[/b]

I know. I was saying I don't care about realism.

[/b]

I thought his Punisher stories were all good.

Good and bad are subjective. You cannot give proof that any story was bad, because it's up to the reader to decide.

[/b]

If you know me as well as you claim (Which you don't), you'd know that it's what I'm known for outside of this forum. The fact that I jab people who deserve it doesn't negate the substance and quality of my arguments.

[/b]

Obviously you don't understand what I've said because my posts have not at all been that way. They have had points, which you've ignored.

You didn't even know of them until I told you. You're a liar and you're a well known Wolverine fanboy. Proven here.

I didn't even bring it up, I was speaking generally. Obviously you have a guilty conscience.

-AC [/B]

edit

not worth it.

Back to the topic, Aron will do a good job, he been doing real well in his current weapon x run and I think he can motain his momentum and come out with a really good punisher run.

on a side note I don't really get the point of the max line, and it not 616 cannon correct?

Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan on Jul 22nd, 2009 at 08:20 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 08:16 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 09:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

-AC

*groan* In your own way you're almost as bad as him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway I cant really speak for Aaron but get tired with all the Einnis worship.

Last edited by Deadline on Jul 26th, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 12:10 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Won't be the same without Ennis, and Steve Dillon produces some of the worst art I've ever seen in a comic. No idea why he's employed by Marvel.

Probably won't read it.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 12:27 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by The Pict
Won't be the same without Ennis, and Steve Dillon produces some of the worst art I've ever seen in a comic. No idea why he's employed by Marvel.

Probably won't read it.

I think Steve can grow on you...but I know what you mean. Im feeling Punisher Dark Reign to much bother with this really.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 12:31 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

he not clever, his story tend to suck, there far from funnny thoguh he tries to make them so. he also tends to compeltely ignore powers individuals posses and has been quoted statingn he hates heros with powers. Dude not only bias, but he allows his bias to effect his stories. He tends to lack professionalism from what I have gathered from his work, and he hyped to reiddulous levels, most of his sotry arnt funny, nor clever even though he tries to make them so, he garbage compared to most writers and aron

stories will be far better and more clever then ennis ever were.

-BH

He writes some of the best Punisher stuff I've ever read. I find him funny at times, when he's writing Barracuda for example. But it's not a comedy he's writing. His stories can be clever, a lot of thought is put into the Punisher Max stories, they are all put together really well, but again what has clever got to do with being a good writer? He's writing comics, not science articles.

Lack professionalism? What would you (or any of us for that matter) no about professionalism in comics? We don't agree with the plot, doesn't make him "unprofessional."

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 12:33 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by The Pict
He writes some of the best Punisher stuff I've ever read. I find him funny at times, when he's writing Barracuda for example. But it's not a comedy he's writing. His stories can be clever, a lot of thought is put into the Punisher Max stories, they are all put together really well, but again what has clever got to do with being a good writer? He's writing comics, not science articles.

Lack professionalism? What would you (or any of us for that matter) no about professionalism in comics? We don't agree with the plot, doesn't make him "unprofessional."

I disagree with you, having a bunch of killer midgets cutting off peoples legs, does not seem like good writing to me. When one trying to be funny they should be clever about it, which he tends to fail at in my opinion.

Yes unprofessionial like say "I hate super powered hero's" and then making any super powered hero who shows up in his comic act like complete tools and out of character.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 06:30 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
I think Steve can grow on you...but I know what you mean. Im feeling Punisher Dark Reign to much bother with this really.

His style does grow on you, if you want to read Ennis-type violent black comedy. I liked his deadpan style of violence in the last Deadpool-Wolverine clash.

I wonder if Punisher should just stay in the MAX format, and not have a series in Marvel Knights (but I guess that's one younger people can read.)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 07:04 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

I dropped the punisher two issues after ennis left, but i've liked everything i've read from Aaron so I guess I'll give it a shot.

as for ennis, I enjoy his war stories. He can get carried away when trying to make fun of capes, to the point that there's nothing left in the book that even resembles the past work of his that I've enjoyed...

But I really ****ing like his war stories.

sig by willRules

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 06:07 AM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Its been good so far

and i've read Aaron got plans to use Bullseye.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 01:46 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 02:19 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Aaron didn't disappoint.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 06:18 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So Bullseye's gonna be in the next story arc

they've gone with a look like what they had him as in the Daredevil movie.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 11:38 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Really good read.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 12:17 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote