KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » When Harrison Ford can't do any more Indy movies...

When Harrison Ford can't do any more Indy movies...
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

More proof of his GL style unawareness/thick skinnedness:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/201...rt-island-discs

If he is only happy 'alone on stage', then maybe he should do that, and stop trying to sell tickets to an audience. smile

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 09:36 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-ra...comedy-roadshow

Reading this, its not like hes an arsehole or anything..he comes off as an ok guy.....just oh so unaware of how irritating/unfunny and watery he is.

I like the way the article closes with the statement almost comparing him to Lucas in the bit where the writer tries to equate how funny/good he is with his bankbalance as proof somehow.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 09:56 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh, I just read you are a stalinistic snob... wink

And to be honest: the guy has a lot of fans who come to hear his jokes and laugh... You're entitled to not like his jokes of course. But I do have to take his side to the very simple premise that a comedian should make his audience laugh and unless they indeed CGI'd the audience and used fake laughs, he does do just that.

In the US there was this funny reality/competition show like America's Next Top Model): Last Comic Standing. The only way to win was, in the end, to make the audience like you more than the one you were battling. I think colleagues bashing him is a bit lame and cheap.
Audiences not liking him: don't go to see him, don't buy his DVD's, don't watch the show.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 12:28 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Lots of people steal, rape and murder and watch Michael Bay movies too.
Doesnt make them right.

Lame? Maybe.
Cheap? Perhaps.
Deserved? Could very well be.
A reaction to his output delivered by those in the best position to know? I think so.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 12:53 PM
queeq
Chaos

Fair enough...

But does still mean you area stalinistic snob, right?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 01:55 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Nope. That was a silly, reactionary media generated tag and I do not stand under it.

I just cannot laugh at something I don't find funny as I feel that idiots do that....same as someone screaming and crying out of a sense of obligation. Just makes no sense and is a waste of energy.
Laughter should come about because of your reaction to something thats actually funny, and made you laugh.

Thats why Hollywood Rom Coms never work on me either.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Feb 3rd, 2012 at 02:07 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 02:03 PM
queeq
Chaos

Fair enough.

Do you like anything from Live at the Apollo?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2012 04:00 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah Jack Dee, Frankie Boyle, Lee Mack, Al Murray and plenty of other guys...

Old Post Feb 5th, 2012 05:16 PM
queeq
Chaos

Oh okay...

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 11:35 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Who knows....might have been something in McIntyre's act though that Im missed...many levels of humour maybe he plays on how stiff he is or something...but my reaction to that stiffness was strong initially. There has been a lot Ive not seen in other things before where Ive been a bit late to get the angle. Oh well....

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 04:30 PM
queeq
Chaos

Only time will tell, maybe I will hate him in a year or so... and then you say he is brilliant! wink

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 07:39 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Ha. Probably...

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 11:00 PM
queeq
Chaos

Deal!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 02:13 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 03:09 PM
queeq
Chaos

Did you buy the McIntyre box set yet?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 03:38 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Theres a box set?

hahaha

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 02:16 PM
queeq
Chaos

I dunno... But I'm sure they can make you one.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 03:03 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 05:00 PM
queeq
Chaos

A twelve disc box set with different versions of the same show in different cities.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 12:10 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well good luck to him then!

He obviously does have his fans. And they seem to love him, so fair play. We can all be wrong sometimes.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 12:45 PM