KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths (Next DC Animated Movie)

Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths (Next DC Animated Movie)
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Denny Crane

Were those Shazam triplets?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 01:52 PM
Denny Crane is currently offline Click here to Send Denny Crane a Private Message Find more posts by Denny Crane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
First off, I couldn't stand the voice of Batman. Superman's voice wasn't very good either, but it was a lot more tolerable than Batman's imo. And Owlman voiced by James Woods? Really?

Anyhow, bad character voices were a small price to pay. The movie itself was quite enjoyable overall (plus it was nice to finally see Firestorm involved with one of these things, even though he didn't do much)... I would definitely recommend it.
I didn't like Bats voice but that one-liner he gave to owl-man almost made up for it. Almost.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 02:19 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I agree, the films definitely seem to short when you consider the mediocrity of the animation. I understand that these movies can't be too long because a profit needs to be made but better animation and writing could be put into them. Choosing no name voice actors could save quite a bit of money too. If the length of the movie compromises the writing then just make a series. My biggest complaint is still the animation and for, Marvel, my complaint is their desire to focus primarily on the youth demographic.

This movie definitely had it's problems. The biggest problem i found, other than the voice acting was the story. The story wasn't bad and it was very well paced, leaving much time for action but i think they would have been better suited telling the infinite crises story and breaking it up into a couple movies.

It was very nice to see a feature length movie that isn't a goddamn origin story. As good as those can be, i'm really sick of all the damn origin stories. This may not be the strongest DC animated venture but i don't think it was a failure. The action was great and the story was passable. The voice acting, however was just horribly miscast. I think this one is on par with, Public enemies though. OF the recent animated movies, Gotham Knight and Green Lanter; first flight are probably better.

Correct, if they are going to do plots that are based off of a big stories then the animated films should be broken up into 1-3 parts. And they can still keep them at around 75-96 minutes each.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 02:45 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Anybody notice how WW was the only person that no matter who she fought she kicked the shit out of them with little to no problem except for maybe one exception.

Made by Jugg666

Last edited by HueyFreeman on Feb 16th, 2010 at 04:14 PM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 04:11 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Anybody notice how WW was the only person that no matter who she fought she kicked the shit out of them with little to no problem except for maybe one exception.
Question is, who were these evil villains suppose to be? You know, the good version, but who? laughing out loud

She didn't fight someone tough as boss of bosses. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 06:24 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It was cool to see an alternate reality version of Slade as the President

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 07:34 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by vansonbee
Question is, who were these evil villains suppose to be? You know, the good version, but who? laughing out loud

She didn't fight someone tough as boss of bosses. rolling on floor laughing
] [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Even so compare his fight with superwoman to WW. I personally think they downplayed Superman to give everyone else shine time . Thats rare

Made by Jugg666

Last edited by HueyFreeman on Feb 16th, 2010 at 09:50 PM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 09:48 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I kinda liked it - but so far I still think the Hulk vs Thor film is my favourite. Definitely the best fight scene EVER in Hulk vs Thor - I got SO MUCH respect for Thor after that!

I'm kind of a Mark Harmon fan - have watched all the NCIS episodes - so I kept on waiting for Supes to say, "Ya think, DeNozzo?"

Would have been real cool if they got him to say, "Ya think, Batman?"

;-)

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 08:13 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

The Made Men seemed a lot like evil versions of the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Marvel Family: Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr. and Uncle Marvel.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 05:18 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Badabing
The Made Men seemed a lot like evil versions of the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Marvel Family: Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr. and Uncle Marvel.

I think they were primarily based off of them, myself. Nice to see them (sorta) get more showings in animated media.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 10:39 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

^ Yeah, especially when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Super Woman was like, light up the sky, and they called down the lightning. The uniforms even resembled the Marvel families.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 10:54 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think they were primarily based off of them, myself. Nice to see them (sorta) get more showings in animated media.
Marvel is one of my favorites.
Originally posted by KingD19
^ Yeah, especially when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Super Woman was like, light up the sky, and they called down the lightning. The uniforms even resembled the Marvel families.
Yeah, the sash clinched it regarding their uniforms.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 04:40 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolverine2006
X-man

Wow, so basically in h2h Owlman>Batman. Must be because of the strength in Owlman's suit plus Owlman is trained to kill, and Batman is trained to fight.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:04 AM
Wolverine2006 is currently offline Click here to Send Wolverine2006 a Private Message Find more posts by Wolverine2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For all the people who didn't like the animation, i'm curious: What style would you have preferred?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:43 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by -Pr-
For all the people who didn't like the animation, i'm curious: What style would you have preferred?
regular JLU style

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 12:29 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Watched it last week, better than I expected. It was better than Public Enemies, Luthor/Supes and Grodd/Batman fights almost ruined that film.

Overall good movie with some inconsistencies (WW having problems with Owlman, I know he wears a powersuit but c'mon). I didn't mind the voices, Conroy is miles better than the guy who did Bats, but he did a decent enough job.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 01:27 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Starscream M
regular JLU style

...why?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 02:36 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by Wolverine2006
Wow, so basically in h2h Owlman>Batman. Must be because of the strength in Owlman's suit plus Owlman is trained to kill, and Batman is trained to fight.

BM had a broken rib

Great to see the marvel in DCAU, when will they do kingdom come

what was lex saying that the made men were 'almost' as powerful as superwoman ...pfft yh right

maybe captain super was weaeker than her due to power sharing

all in all good film

8/10

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 10:26 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by -Pr-

I liked the animation quite abit.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 08:32 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Better than Planet Hulk thumb up

And what is this bitchin about Batman's voice? Dude, any of you had to put up with Olan Soule voice back in the old cartoon would praise this Batman's voice!

Fair cartoon would change a few things...but who am I to complain?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 03:02 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote