KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Modern day USA vs the entire world during WW2

Modern day USA vs the entire world during WW2
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
No, no it really isn't...

This is pre-crisis Japan.

We can only go by feats.

The Japanese never hit American soil with "germ warfare."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 08:02 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Yes they did. Again, plague infested fleas. It happened.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 02:32 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I know they dropped Cholera/Flea bombs on multiple Chinese villages as test; for the purpose of eventually attacking the U.S. with them,, but are you absolutely certain they ever actually made it as far as hitting U.S. soil?

I've read that they also tested 'fire-balloons', basically an incendiary device attached to a high-flying balloon controlled by a timer. The purpose was that the winds would carry the balloons to the heavily forested West Coast, then the timer would go off and the balloon would fall in flames igniting America's timberlands.

Edit: Unit 731.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 29th, 2009 at 04:34 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 04:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I searched and I couldn't find.

And...Robtard beat me to the punch...by a few hours. lol

Edit - And, modern US would have a history of many of the things the 3rd Reich and Unit 731 did. Therefore, it'd be infinitely more difficult to accomplish those tasks when Unit 731's bunker/base is dstroyed by a bunker buster. wink

Last edited by dadudemon on Sep 29th, 2009 at 07:03 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 07:00 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon

Edit - And, modern US would have a history of many of the things the 3rd Reich and Unit 731 did. Therefore, it'd be infinitely more difficult to accomplish those tasks when Unit 731's bunker/base is dstroyed by a bunker buster. wink

Going on the grounds that modern U.S. doesn't, it'd be a short matter of time before they did, spy satellites, high-altitude reconnaissance, Jason Bourne et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Like a said, a few MOABS in places of war production, each viable enemy Germany, England, Africa-America, Japan, Australia, Italy, they'd be set back months trying to rebuild their war-machine, all the while they'd be losing troops and armaments.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 07:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL this is funny

So according to most people, this is a spite, just like how the USA vs Roman Empire thread was a spite.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 09:55 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Although this IS more reasonable, and world would probably win in pure ground war if they were all connected in lands surrounding USA.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 10:37 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mikeydude
Cleveland is the Reason.

entire world of WW2. here in reasoning. people now have so much carelessness. (if that is even a word) about what they do.

back in WW2 the people had more reasoning on what they wanted done.
more courage in it self. im not saying that the technolgy we have today isnt good enough to destroy back then. its that if we were to try to kill them now it would be to easy. all you would have to do is sit in a bomb shelter. with a few snipers. and a assload of ammo. that would cover it. but hand to hand combat or close combat, as i should say WW2 would woop our asses. thats just plain and simple. they have more reason to fight and more willingness to. i mean look at how many men just randomly signed up for the army durring WW2 thats more than our army has now!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 05:03 PM
mikeydude is currently offline Click here to Send mikeydude a Private Message Find more posts by mikeydude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Shiro Ishii and many of the 731 scientists were given immunity and the plague outbreak was never "officially" linked to 731 main program or the chinese bioweapons program. however, there is documentation describing such a plan having been carried out in 1940 along with further plans to spray San Francisco with air born pathogens (probably bruscelosis or anthrax) and of Japanese Saboteurs sneaking in on submarines and poisoning American reservoirs.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 06:05 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by mikeydude
entire world of WW2. here in reasoning. people now have so much carelessness. (if that is even a word) about what they do.

back in WW2 the people had more reasoning on what they wanted done.
more courage in it self. im not saying that the technolgy we have today isnt good enough to destroy back then. its that if we were to try to kill them now it would be to easy. all you would have to do is sit in a bomb shelter. with a few snipers. and a assload of ammo. that would cover it. but hand to hand combat or close combat, as i should say WW2 would woop our asses. thats just plain and simple. they have more reason to fight and more willingness to. i mean look at how many men just randomly signed up for the army durring WW2 thats more than our army has now!

I don't know man. I think that brainwashing tactics have improved since WWII not to mention conditioning and hand to hand training. I'm sure that if a foreign country attacked America during the midst of a World War there would be an out pouring of volunteers to join the military. Look at how many Americans willingly signed up directly after 9-11.

I agree with you that desire and purpose is a huge contributing factor in any type of confrontation but from what i've been told by relatives whom served in WWII and from countless interviews on WWII documentaries it seems the main drive for soldiers was to get back home or simply survive...,not to save the world. I imagine that this is generally the case for individuals fighting in a war.

In this hypothetical scenario of the USA VS the world during WWII. I think that modern day America would have much more to fight for.

I still can't think of anything practical enough that gives "the world" the advantage in this scenario. Not only is modern war tech light years ahead of anything that was known during WWII it is so complicated that it would probably take years to re-verse engineer. Let's say someone gets their hands on a downed Stealth bomber or they capture a modern tank. They may be able to improve armor designs but as far as the targeting equipment...,they would be completely in the dark. I imagine that it would take their scientists years to properly figure out operate and reproduce the same technology.

I still see this war ending within months before the world would kneel under Modern day America.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 06:28 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

This is an awesome question and I am sure most of us have thought of it or something similar ourselves, but USA would win and easily. Our air force would fly over all the major cities of the world really fast and not use nukes but just torch them. Even in the 50's our air force would do a descent job...but we wouldn't win then but now no question plus our navy could do terrible things too.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2009 05:49 PM
Cosmo Kramer is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmo Kramer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

The first key to victory is the capability of long range, very precise and destructive fire power. And the second, but very similar, key is the advancement in technologies that have given the United States, and the rest of the modern world, monumental advancements in the areas of reconnaissance (ie. night vision, infrared vision, satellites, etc.). I think that even a modern UK or China would have a chance at defeating a union of WW2 forces, if they had a couple more aircraft carriers and the protection required for them. Even at their current levels they would be a force, though. The US, I imagine, just has far too much in the way of tech. There have been some pretty major advances in the last 50 years. Imagine Nazi Germany with the tech today. Actually don't think about that, but I think you all get the point.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 02:13 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote:
Then that's foul! Why limit one camp just to help the other? Bias Bullshit.

laughing

priceless.
quote:

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
NEVER GIVE UP!!! NEVER SURRENDER!!!

Originally posted by dadudemon
I remember that!

thumb up

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 08:33 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

It would come down to war of attrition and the Modern Day USA would eventually lose resources because one nation cannot fuel itself forever in times of war. The entire world would also have milllions upon millions upon millions more troops than the Modern Day USA, and the tech. wasn't all that bad, granted the Modern Day USA could just carpet bomb the hell out of the rest of the world for awhile, but they'd eventually run out of funding and bombs, and there'd be plenty more to replace the dead.

The entire World in ww2 era would win.

and everyone seems to forget the V2 rocket. The WW2 era armies would have long-ranged capabilites as well, and they'd outnumber the Modern USA army like 10000 to 1.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 02:45 AM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by ChakraStrings
It would come down to war of attrition and the Modern Day USA would eventually lose resources because one nation cannot fuel itself forever in times of war. The entire world would also have milllions upon millions upon millions more troops than the Modern Day USA, and the tech. wasn't all that bad, granted the Modern Day USA could just carpet bomb the hell out of the rest of the world for awhile, but they'd eventually run out of funding and bombs, and there'd be plenty more to replace the dead.

The entire World in ww2 era would win.

and everyone seems to forget the V2 rocket. The WW2 era armies would have long-ranged capabilites as well, and they'd outnumber the Modern USA army like 10000 to 1.

The V-2 had a 300 some kilometer range. That's not even enough to hit the coast. That's not even enough to land in a place that America could see it.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 03:16 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

If the Nazis or Japanese ever did somehow take a beach-head on the US, I wonder how successful they'd be. The US is so massive and everyone has guns, there's no way either one could secure a major American city like they did to Paris, Manila and Manchuria.

Last edited by Quiero Mota on Nov 5th, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 11:45 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
If the Nazis or Japanese ever did somehow take a beach-head on the US, I wonder how successful they'd be. The US is so massive and everyone has guns, there's no way either one could secure a major American city like they did to Paris, Manila and Manchuria.

I highly doubt they'd even make it that far.

Already, thousands of US citizens "watch" the border cameras just for fun.

During a war, the "watching" would probably increase. In WWII, they had all sorts of volunteers.

Also, if middle class Americans can create paintball motion sensing "weapons", why not high caliber automatic sentries?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 05:08 AM
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

The United States could essentially do what they did with Japan to the rest of the world - terrify them with a showcase of our mightiest weaponry. A single nuke even in the middle of an open area would put the fear of a thousand nation's gods into them. Even a display with our superior aircraft above a populated city would dishearten them. Surrender would be swift for most of the world. Just because they're 'at war' with America, it doesn't mean they throw out the rationality of their leaders and the people.

Even if they made the likely ground push from Canada and Mexico, they're in for a rude awakening. Other than the fact that entire battlelines could be wiped immediately by our superior airforce and artillery, they'd have to deal with might of America's armoured regiments. An M1A2 could take anything a King Tiger or T-34 could dish out on the chin. Infantry commanders and high ranking officials could be taken out by special operation forces using our vastly superior sniping capabilities. This goes on forever.

As soon "War" is declared by all nations, America will be locked down completely. It's not impossible for a World spy to infiltrate American government, but it's highly improbable. Say the World manages to inflict a wound on the US...the war for them will end shortly. As Sun Tsu would say, never pursue an army defending it's home, as it will fight to the death. If something catastrophic were to befall America, then the World will feel the noxious embrace of her nuclear arms.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 07:16 AM
MightyEInherjar is currently offline Click here to Send MightyEInherjar a Private Message Find more posts by MightyEInherjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote