KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Draft Round 2: Batdude123 and TheKahn's Holiday Herald Tournament

Draft Round 2: Batdude123 and TheKahn's Holiday Herald Tournament
Started by: TheKahn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
depends on who's writing him. stick out tongue

IMO, Henshaw's tech/rings is what makes him equal to Superman. Granted, he has Kryptonian DNA, but since he's a cyborg, he's not as powerful as a full blooded/flesh made Kryptonian (see: Superman). He's basically got the Darth Vader effect going for him.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:56 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

The rings themselves give any user power to potentially become a high herald. Even a rookie would easily make it to low herald. Take a look at Mongul who had the Yellow Rings much more. He himself had about 6 and was able to take on top GL's with each one. Not to mention that the fact that Mongul isn't close to Cyborgs level.

If you use your imagination, anyone with the rings, strong or weak can defeat members. Why? They rings have shown powers to teleport, remove time, protect against TP, knowledge, and of course energy attacks that have the potential to stop even a big bang.

Cyborg Superman shown that he can beat Superman. That alone should put him high herald. Now add it what he can do with the ring, and you got yourself someone very tough

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:56 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

edit

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:57 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
IMO, Henshaw's tech/rings is what makes him equal to Superman. Granted, he has Kryptonian DNA, but since he's a cyborg, he's not as powerful as a full blooded/flesh made Kryptonian (see: Superman). He's basically got the Darth Vader effect going for him.

wow. i honestly didn't think you'd see him that way, tbh, so i understand where you're coming from. the problem is that for most of us, henshaw without the rings is on superman's level at the very least. add in the ability to take an insane amount of damage and he pushes the rules without the rings.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by batdude123
Henshaw without the rings might be considered above veteran GLs depending on who you talk to.

He doesn't need outside powerups.

You've got Henshaw without rings for this tourney. Take it or leave it. erm

Fair enough.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:59 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I wouldn't have a prob with Ion 2 Kyle, tbh

Anyone else? embarrasment

sad

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:59 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

erm

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 04:05 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

In case I don't get the chance later, I just wanted to thank everyone for being so patient and understanding this round. Even when people didn't get what they wanted, they were reasonable and civil. Its made things a great deal easier on Batdude and myself. Its much appreciated smile

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 04:12 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

thumb up No prob

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 04:15 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

SHOCK OF THE CENTURY!!! Team Twig and Berries has formally withdrawn from this tournament!!!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 05:37 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Team Philosophia and -Pr-, for our second draft pick, choose Superman

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 05:38 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

^ i told you so

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 05:51 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

It wasn't that hard to predict.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 05:52 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

that pr would want him and trade for him or that the other team would withdraw and leave him up for grabs?

i just had a hunch superman would get shifted around, i was correct. *shrugs*

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 05:58 AM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by batdude123
It wasn't that hard to predict.
Steev, you must be psychic or sumthin.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 06:00 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by psycho gundam
or that the other team would withdraw and leave him up for grabs?

Hello.

Originally posted by Original Smurph
Steev, you must be psychic or sumthin.

I r tha bestest!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 06:04 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Originally posted by -Pr-
Team Philosophia and -Pr-, for our second draft pick, choose Superman

You know I'm contractually obligated to vote against you now, right?

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 07:17 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by illadelph12
You know I'm contractually obligated to vote against you now, right?

sad

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 07:32 AM
darthgoober

I'm no expert on Zatarra but is she really an appropriate pick for this kind of thing? Seems like I remember some people giving her the win over guys like Thanos and Dr. Strange. In fact now it seems like batdude shot her down as a pick during his last "Under Thanos" tourney.

I mean don't get me wrong because I'm not all that familiar with her so she may very well be a suitable pick, I just figured it was worth checking on.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 08:45 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Now that you think about it it seems like every versus thread she's in, people are like "she'll just say 'eid' and win". Pretty much no matter the opponent.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 08:53 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote