KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Revamped Thor Respect Thread

Revamped Thor Respect Thread
Started by: ODG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « First ... « 50 51 [52] 53 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Comics like to make women powerful. So I have a feeling she will be > Masterson Thor. That's my guess anyway.

But obviously no one wielding Mjolnir will match the real deal.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2014 11:56 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Good point.

Edit:
My bad, i was thinking this was Thor AS a woman, not a woman with Thor's hammer. Brain fart.
Was about to ask, does anyone think if Superman became a woman would his power levels drop.

Last edited by riv6672 on Oct 3rd, 2014 at 01:55 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2014 01:53 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Looks like we might not see Thor for some time. Damn, despite not bring a Thor fan and the art type which I disliked, I loved God of Thunder. Oh well, the big guys can never get solid runs. Lets reminiscise the good times. Here, from Bendis' run on Moon Knight, one of his better runs.
From Moon Knight #12, Thor one-shots Count Nefaria (Moon Knight had carved up Nefaria with his adamantium blades a bit before, but it was nothing serious) :

http://arousinggrammardotcom.files....htnefaria22.jpg

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 07:56 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk

From Moon Knight #12, Thor one-shots Count Nefaria (Moon Knight had carved up Nefaria with his adamantium blades a bit before, but it was nothing serious) :

http://arousinggrammardotcom.files....htnefaria22.jpg

Damn I've never seen that. I'm so bringing that up in the versus boards next time the typical "Count Nerfaria stopped Mjolnir!!!" argument comes up.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 10:20 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Haha, well he DID stop it.
He stops it in this example too. With his FACE!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 03:36 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

To be fair Count Nefaria jobs a lot more than he used to

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 01:52 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nefaria's overconfidence has always been his undoing.
Thor loves overconfident foes.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 09:32 AM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Damn I've never seen that. I'm so bringing that up in the versus boards next time the typical "Count Nerfaria stopped Mjolnir!!!" argument comes up.

You are welcome big grin cool

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 04:35 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Also، I hadn't seen that either until I came across that article by chance. Lucky for us Thor fans eh? stick out tongue

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 04:39 PM
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
You are welcome big grin cool

I think the first time he stopped it Thor probably didn't throw it as hard just like Hyperion. Although I won't lie I would have liked to see more of a fight between these two. Count hasn't been the same since he first came out, captain marvel alone was able to take him out, before it took like the entire squad to just weaken him. Atleast Thor god of thunder ended with Gorr and not something silly I suppose.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 04:22 PM
kakuzu is currently offline Click here to Send kakuzu a Private Message Find more posts by kakuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by kakuzu
I think the first time he stopped it Thor probably didn't throw it as hard just like Hyperion. Although I won't lie I would have liked to see more of a fight between these two. Count hasn't been the same since he first came out, captain marvel alone was able to take him out, before it took like the entire squad to just weaken him. Atleast Thor god of thunder ended with Gorr and not something silly I suppose.

Yeah.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 06:10 PM
riv6672

http://m.today.com/books/female-tho...rage-2D80172645

Interesting (main stream) article on the gender switch. Some scans but no feats.

Has Female Thor done anything of note, yet? Met any MU characters?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 02:01 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by riv6672
http://m.today.com/books/female-tho...rage-2D80172645

Interesting (main stream) article on the gender switch. Some scans but no feats.

Has Female Thor done anything of note, yet? Met any MU characters?

Nope. As far as I know we have seen her speak and pick up the hammer. Nothing else yet.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 02:22 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

K, thanks.
Thought i missed something. Pretty interested in this.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 02:26 PM
themadsurfer

I t was said not to post anything about the new female-Thor, but I think she performed a sick feat of strength(she has the same strength of Thor) and it would be awesome to have it here but I'm not the one who is gong to decide.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 05:29 AM
themadsurfer is currently offline Click here to Send themadsurfer a Private Message Find more posts by themadsurfer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by themadsurfer
I t was said not to post anything about the new female-Thor, but I think she performed a sick feat of strength(she has the same strength of Thor) and it would be awesome to have it here but I'm not the one who is gong to decide.

I must not have read that.
PM it to me if you're so inclined, thanks.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 10:24 AM
Evanthehammer

Originally posted by themadsurfer

any chance you could PM it to me too? thanks.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 10:47 PM
Evanthehammer is currently offline Click here to Send Evanthehammer a Private Message Find more posts by Evanthehammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

Any one check the Mighty avengers vs inverted avengers? Thor did not look to good sadly. As seen on the cover he was suppose to be matched up with she hulk but didn't even end up fighting her, he fought the new iron fist, nearly got taken out by the panther god(which was okay because it is another but but was sad to be too slow to catch spiderman but use to be able to keep up with the god of speed. Thor is just like a brick now a days I swear with low in vulnerabilities. At first when Blue Marvel came out he wasn't suppose to be as powerful as Thor they said but apparently he was sent to take care of ultimo to make it more evne.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 12:16 AM
kakuzu is currently offline Click here to Send kakuzu a Private Message Find more posts by kakuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
themadsurfer

Originally posted by kakuzu
Any one check the Mighty avengers vs inverted avengers? Thor did not look to good sadly. As seen on the cover he was suppose to be matched up with she hulk but didn't even end up fighting her, he fought the new iron fist, nearly got taken out by the panther god(which was okay because it is another but but was sad to be too slow to catch spiderman but use to be able to keep up with the god of speed. Thor is just like a brick now a days I swear with low in vulnerabilities. At first when Blue Marvel came out he wasn't suppose to be as powerful as Thor they said but apparently he was sent to take care of ultimo to make it more evne.

You should realize by now in comics that when a lot of superheroes are fighting each-other a lot of fanboysm is involved and they hardly show the extent of their powers, if so the comic would be huge or in the case of Thor the planet could very much suffer severe damages.
Nearly got taken out by panther god? You mean those two screeches that barely appears in his skin..., man Thor can fight without an arm and with severe piercings in his skin easily.
And he has an axe now, even if he holds back somebody may have his head chopped off, and I don't think the writer wants Thor killing heoroes especially someone like spiderman.
Lastly this is already an old complain that we are all used to hear. If you see Thor vs Apocalypse, absorbing man, cyclop, loki perhaps you would get more fun.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 03:02 PM
themadsurfer is currently offline Click here to Send themadsurfer a Private Message Find more posts by themadsurfer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nicely put, madsurfer.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 03:30 PM