KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Batdude's Match #5: Leonidas/Galan007 vs. Kris Blaze/KM

Batdude's Match #5: Leonidas/Galan007 vs. Kris Blaze/KM
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

I'm working on a post at home to sum up my thoughts. I expect to have it in tonight most likely or tomorrow night at the lastest. I'm actually racking my head against the wall thinking about the posts and how I see the outcome.

Jesus I worked on your tourney for like 3-4 hours last night and I'm still thinking about it the next day here at work

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Last edited by rotiart on Feb 2nd, 2010 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 06:02 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Then both teams did a job well done thumb up

But to help, just vote -K-M- shifty

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 06:23 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

This b*tch over? Give me until tomorrow. I'll vote then.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 07:38 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
This b*tch over? Give me until tomorrow. I'll vote then.

No, Bada still has a little bit life left in him

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 07:41 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
No, Bada still has a little bit life left in him

??? This thread is over...What life are you talking about bringing up the baba?

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 07:50 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by rotiart
??? This thread is over...What life are you talking about bringing up the baba?

I'm just joking with Badabing.

The thread is done and over. Sorry for the confusion smile

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 07:51 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

fixed

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 05:54 AM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by -K-M-
But to help, just vote -K-M- shifty

(please log in to view the image)

Problems:

Loki/Talisman/Captain Comet
Creation of a Fake Mjolnir:
You have not shown that with the materials available to him, Loki could create a Uru metal mjolnir type hammer.

Defense against True Mjolnir
Loki magnetized Uru metal chains to summon the uru metal hammer. In your case you don’t show that Uru metal is available to magnetize.

Wood Golem created by Loki.
The statute was created by growing it out of the ground. The statues themselves were apparently created and contained chronal energy as stated by Mr. Fantastic. And the rules state that constructs and summoning are not allowed except for green lantern type constructs. In this case, I would consider the wood Golem an unallowable construct/summoning.

The captain comet telepathic “amp” that Loki makes to me is a misinterpreted panel. Loki tells us he can increase a person’s telepathy to just below Loki’s levels, and later says he has increased that person’s abilities 1000 fold. That tells us Loki is more than 1000 greater than the other person, and not that Loki can increase anyone’s powers 1000 fold.

The opening defensive shield: was stated to contain adamantium. The panel this was drawn from shows adamantium statues being brought to life, and not statues being encased in adamantium by Loki and brought to life. Also, the dust is shown several times as being thrown by Talisman and looks just like any dust that might catch the winds, which brings up the fair argument that a speedster could render the dust useless and that your shields could prevent the dust from being useful behind a shield.

The “Luck Altering” Spell created by Loki would be considered a reality altering tactic and therefore also inadmissible. Refer to how domino, scarlet witch and longshot’s reality powers are considered “luck powers”

Nate/Thor/Flash

Talisman’s bag was argued to be ineffective inside the ensorcelled dome created by Mjolnir. The only problem is that Juggernauts forcefield was the only thing affected. And the remaining abilities inherent to Juggernaut existed. Therefore it wasn’t proven that the bag would be of no use to Talisman anymore. As to the argument that all magic would be ceased, it wasn’t proven that the bag would be.

You guys really ignored the shields created by Loki and Captain Comet. There is nothing that makes me think Loki can’t cast magical spells behind a wall. And while the shields may not be completely impenetrable, they are gonna be strong enough to hold back the enemy for a fair time.

As to the Meshing Limit: The feats you guys provided for Thor, Walter and Nate:
Push Thor over the mesh limit (WM + armor+ strength amp+ speedforce) =
Lets think about this, WB Hulk was considered to be skyfather level… and the amps you are provided to your cast puts them definitely to me in that range. You’ve made him comparable and blurred the lines enough between high herald and skyfather.

As to the Speed Force (Instant momentum argument) I believe you are both right. For a standard flash character, they may not need inertia… but for some characters who appear to not have as much experience with the SF, there may be a need to gain inertia.

Onto a couple of arguments:
Telepathy: Team KK (Onslaught locked everyone out of the psychic plane, sorry that includes even Nate Grey)
Power: Team GL. On sheer power alone Team WM Thor and Shaman Nate Grey are hard to beat.
Speed: Team GL Sorry, but the speed force trumps all. Proof that Comet could battle one opponent with FTL combat (not travel) speed was not provided. Much less against an entire team made of them.
Absorption: Team KK, Since Thor threw his hammer, absorption is out the window for Team GL

Final Judgement:
Creativity goes to Team KK. And if it wasn’t for the rules… they woulda won my vote.
But after consideration of the rules, the overall win goes to Galan/Leonidas. Their team works better even with a non amped thor missing a hammer.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 05:58 AM
Starscream M

Originally posted by rotiart
And if it wasn’t for the rules… they woulda won my vote.
thats a damn big if. stick out tongue

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 02:14 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Starscream... I'm gonna throw you out the side of astrotrain

and I don't expect my vote to go down well with everyone. But if anyone would like to explain why my votes were wong... I suggest pming Kahn and batdude for choosing me as a judge... In fact I say spam them for the heck of it :-P

I'm kidding please don't spam them

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 05:36 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Well, this is kinda awkward. Kris has been permanently banned, so I don't see how him and KM can win this thing...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 12:54 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Yeah he went on quite a rant in the comic books forum. Surprised he got a perma-ban out of it though.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 12:55 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Someone should take his place

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 01:03 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Judges should still vote though... at least for the sake of feedback.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 01:09 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Maybe KM can get a replacement partner? If he found someone, I wouldn't object.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 01:40 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I think the best option for now, is to let the competitors rest, while the judges look over the matches. Once the winners are declared, if K-M is still in the game, I am sure Khan/Bats can work out a means to solve this dilemma.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 01:44 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Yeah, regardless of the ban I think at least the judging on this match should finish normally. After all part of the advantage of having teams is in case of things like this.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 01:56 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

How about we let the judges vote. If km/ kris win then maybe one of the losers of the other/earlier rounds can switch up with km...

Tbh I hope kris doesn't get a ban... It's a little ridiculous.,,

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 05:37 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

so, anyone else plan on voting on this match . . .? confused

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 08:23 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Patience.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 08:31 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote