KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Zom Vs Shuma Gorath

Zom Vs Shuma Gorath
Started by: TheTyrant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
Yeah, but when Eternity went crazy, Strange didn't even bother prepping or trying to fight him since he knew it would all be useless. He actually had to ask Eternity to restore his powers so he'd be able to defend himself.

I'm not trying to say that Shuma is > Eternity.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 09:01 AM
Robbie_Rotten is currently offline Click here to Send Robbie_Rotten a Private Message Find more posts by Robbie_Rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I made the Shuma-Gorath respect thread and I still think Zom wins

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 03:16 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

Originally posted by Endless Mike
I made the Shuma-Gorath respect thread and I still think Zom wins

And that somehow qualifies you more than others because you made a thread?

I have all of Shuma's appearances in comic book form right in front of me - and its very clear that he and Frank Brunner wrote Shuma-Gorath to be greater than the likes of anything Strange had seen previously, including Zom.

Last edited by Robbie_Rotten on Feb 12th, 2010 at 04:27 PM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 04:20 PM
Robbie_Rotten is currently offline Click here to Send Robbie_Rotten a Private Message Find more posts by Robbie_Rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Strange had seen LT previously. Is Shuma > LT now?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 05:01 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

Strange had seen LT previously. Is Shuma > LT now?

Fail.

Living Tribunal wasn't a Doctor Strange antagonist.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 05:46 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

You said greater than anything he had ever seen. And Strange did cast a spell on him but LT reversed it.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 06:55 PM
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

You said greater than anything he had ever seen. And Strange did cast a spell on him but LT reversed it.

Greater than any serious threat before.

Point is, Shuma-Gorath is greater than Zom. Shuma is a multiversal entity whereas Zom isn't.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 08:07 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Since when is Shuma multiversal? He controlled multiple dimensions but those are different from universes.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:22 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Since when is Shuma multiversal? He controlled multiple dimensions but those are different from universes.

Also last time I checked, the LT doesn't interfere in mere universal threats unless summoned by a high level cosmic.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 03:30 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

Shuma-Gorath is not only in Marvel, but also mentioned in Robert E. Howard's 'Kull' and also appears in Conan the Barbarian. These are separate from the Marvel actualities and as such Shuma-Gorath is multiversal.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 06:45 PM
Omega Vision

Originally posted by CortSether
Shuma-Gorath is not only in Marvel, but also mentioned in Robert E. Howard's 'Kull' and also appears in Conan the Barbarian. These are separate from the Marvel actualities and as such Shuma-Gorath is multiversal.

That's terrible logic. I guess since Superman has appeared in Seinfeld he's also Multiversal.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 06:52 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

Originally posted by Omega Vision
That's terrible logic. I guess since Superman has appeared in Seinfeld he's also Multiversal.

It's not terrible logic. Shuma existed before Marvel even used the character and then he was used in Conan. They are actual literary and canon depictions by legit companies that have used them for story lines. It's not the same thing as a crossover or a parody appearance.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 06:57 PM
Omega Vision

It's not terrible logic. Shuma existed before Marvel even used the character and then he was used in Conan. They are actual literary and canon depictions by legit companies that have used them for story lines. It's not the same thing as a crossover or a parody appearance.

My point stands: Marvel doesn't own the works of Robert E. Howard so you can't consider it canon. Cimmeria isn't a world in the Marvel multiverse.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:13 PM
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

My point stands: Marvel doesn't own the works of Robert E. Howard so you can't consider it canon. Cimmeria isn't a world in the Marvel multiverse.

Of course I can, it's the same character with the same implied powers and abilities. It's the exact same case with Cthulhu nowadays.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:19 PM
Omega Vision

Of course I can, it's the same character with the same implied powers and abilities. It's the exact same case with Cthulhu nowadays.

You miss the point. If you colored the Sentry red and blue and called him Superman he still wouldn't be Superman. The same name and same powers doesn't make the same character since what's canon to Cimmeria isn't canon to Marvel and vice versa.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:22 PM
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

You miss the point. If you colored the Sentry red and blue and called him Superman he still wouldn't be Superman. The same name and same powers doesn't make the same character since what's canon to Cimmeria isn't canon to Marvel and vice versa.

Doesn't matter. It proves Shuma-Gorath is a multiversal entity since it effects worlds outside of Marvel's actuality - and Shuma is shown to have the power to invade separate actualities. No one company has the exclusive rights to Shuma-Gorath so anything printed about him by a company that decides to use the name/character goes. It's the same thing with what has happened to the Cthulhu character after the Lovecraft copyright expired and its powers have been expanded from one installation to the next.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:29 PM
Omega Vision

Doesn't matter. It proves Shuma-Gorath is a multiversal entity since it effects worlds outside of Marvel's actuality - and Shuma is shown to have the power to invade separate actualities. No one company has the exclusive rights to Shuma-Gorath so anything printed about him by a company that decides to use the name/character goes. It's the same thing with what has happened to the Cthulhu character after the Lovecraft copyright expired and its powers have been expanded from one installation to the next.

Let me ask you something: do you think the characters in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen are all canon to their original works? Just because something is public access doesn't mean everything is canon. Otherwise I could just write Cthuhlhu as a pink monkey and lo and behold that would be canon and Cthulhu would be a pink monkey.

Shuma-Goraths actions in Cimmeria have no bearing on Marvel and vice versa.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:31 PM
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

Let me ask you something: do you think the characters in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen are all canon to their original works? Just because something is public access doesn't mean everything is canon. Otherwise I could just write Cthuhlhu as a pink monkey and lo and behold that would be canon and Cthulhu would be a pink monkey.

Shuma-Goraths actions in Cimmeria have no bearing on Marvel and vice versa.

I haven't read any LoEG so I can't make any comparison with that.

Shuma-Gorath's actions have no bearing in Cimmeria because it's separate from the Marvel actuality because Shuma can cross universes. It's really simple.

And yes, if you wrote Cthulhu as a pink monkey and it was published then yes Cthulhu would have the power to turn into a pink monkey.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:38 PM
Omega Vision

I haven't read any LoEG so I can't make any comparison with that.

Shuma-Gorath's actions have no bearing in Cimmeria because it's separate from the Marvel actuality because Shuma can cross universes. It's really simple.

And yes, if you wrote Cthulhu as a pink monkey and it was published then yes Cthulhu would have the power to turn into a pink monkey.

He cannot travel beyond the Marvel Omniverse which doesn't include Cimmeria. Or do you think Shuma could also enter DC on his own power?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:39 PM
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

He cannot travel beyond the Marvel Omniverse which doesn't include Cimmeria. Or do you think Shuma could also enter DC on his own power?

Since Shuma has appeared in others besides Marvel then I do not see why he wouldn't be able to. Of course, I don't think DC has any interest in writing Shuma-Gorath into their works.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:43 PM