KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » It's time to remake the originals

It's time to remake the originals
Started by: realmanager

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

The OT, because of it's time period, and the popularity of the films in general, will always be hailed a "classic" and for that sake, the couldn't be remade even if anyone tried.

I like George.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 05:53 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Some classics have been remade. Usually not with great success...

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 06:20 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

You touch these films and I hit you with my urrr toy lightsabre

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 11:21 AM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yessir.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 09:55 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I say remake ANH becouse vader's mask does NOT look shiny ! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 14th, 2010 07:59 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

Coolmovies are you a sw fan really

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 04:46 PM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

why ?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 07:56 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I don't think they would ever be remade even when Lucas dies. And as for the PT not being as well received as the OT. I wonder what the kids who were 4-10 when episode 1 came out thought of them?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 03:51 AM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I was 11 when TPM came out, and I thought the world of it.

And today...I still do. Lots of nostalgic memories for me though. A lot of people don't like this movie, but it was part of my childhood, so it has and always will hold a place in my heart.

I like George.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 03:35 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good for you.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 10:07 AM
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I was 11 when TPM came out, and I thought the world of it.

And today...I still do. Lots of nostalgic memories for me though. A lot of people don't like this movie, but it was part of my childhood, so it has and always will hold a place in my heart.

I feel the same with ESB. But with the PT i still loved all of them as i can see they were filmed the same way as the originals IMO. It's just that some people forget what it was like to be a kid or to let your mind go when you watch them.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 07:47 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
original spawn

The film that made me become a star wars fan was Revenge of the Sith and it's still my favourite, i think that george lucas only needs to use the new cgi technologies to improve the originals and make some guys fight as darth vader and obi-wan as cgi makes obi seem like Guiness.
Then they could release a 3 disc deluxe edition with the improved edition in 3D and with the original film intact so that you could choose to watch the original trilogy as it was first released or the complete saga.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 08:00 PM
Click here to Send original spawn a Private Message Find more posts by original spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 10:02 AM
original spawn

Damn Preequel haters.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 10:17 AM
Click here to Send original spawn a Private Message Find more posts by original spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sounds more like you're an OT hater.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 10:15 AM
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

I was brought up on the PT but preferred the OT but I get peed wen ppl say oh this 6 minutes of the cast call for episode 4 was better than the PT
try making a trilogy of films then in say 20 years from the first one make a prequel. You'll forget some plot points too. Plus most of the ppl who hate the PT were brought up by the OT. Well the PT is for there kids

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 11:22 AM
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by InfernoJG95
try making a trilogy of films then in say 20 years from the first one make a prequel. You'll forget some plot points too.

I'm sure it wouldn't have stretched Lucas to the watch the films he was extensively involved in making and make sure he at least kept the mistakes down to a minimum. I'm sure he had a box set of the OT somewhere at the ranch...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 03:26 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I don't think he really watches them with the enthusiasim of a fan.
When seth macfarlane was talking to lucas he hummed a couple of notes from the hoth battle and lucas couldn't tell where or what movie it was from. i think 99% of the star wars fans would of know that.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 06:44 PM
Lord Shadow Z

No but he was involved with them and the first point of call in making a prequel to them would be to do some research to make sure they made sense when viewed as a whole.

But then again his idea of Star Wars may have changed since making the OT and maybe he was aware that he was making mistakes as 'we' see them but not as he believed.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 06:51 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Lucas believed SW OT was already a mistake because it didn't quite meet his vision. THe technology was too limited to make it the way he wanted.

Well, looking at the PT all I can see is: YAAAAY FOR LIMITATIONS! It makes you a better filmmaker.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 07:31 AM