KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Leo's Tourney!!!

Leo's Tourney!!!
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 10:26 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rader
Person

So what would your opinion on Demo be?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 10:41 PM
rader is currently offline Click here to Send rader a Private Message Find more posts by rader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

ok, so, since PG called it first, PG has the 6th spot.

welcome aboard gundam! big grin

RD1 draft is set for 6EST saturday night.
RD2 will take place as soon as RD1 is finished the same night, no later than 7EST, followed by RD3 at the conclusion of RD2, no later than 8EST saturday night. if everyone gets their votes in early, all the drafting can be done within the first hour. so get into your war-rooms, talk to you people and plan those back-up characters in case your primary ones get snatched!! big grin

proxys CAN be assigned if you need one. if you miss a rd, or can't make the draft, you will be able to select 3 characters from the remaining pool of characters by no later than midnight on sunday.

complete roster is as follows:

1. gundam
2. bw
3. cdb
4. digi
5. smurph
6. omega

POOL A:

1. smurph
2. cdb
3. omega

POOL B:

1. bw
2. digi
3. gundam

i'd like to get matches started on TUES evening, 5EST. 8 posts/competitor and all matches will close on FRI midnight. that will be the general format throughout, barring complications. matches will be announced sunday afternoon of all drafts are complete, monday if someone needs to draft on sunday.

so, what are you doing wasting time reading this--pick some characters already! laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 01:03 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
1. bw
2. digi
3. gundam
and look what i've won...... sad

last come, first to go?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 02:12 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by psycho gundam

last come, first to go?

laughing out loud

have faith me boyo! everyone who's ever done well in tourneys got their first upset win sometime. big grin

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 02:21 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

shifty

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 02:28 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Thier all going to laugh at you...their all going to laugh at you

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 02:40 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Leo, what happens in a "Everyone is 1-1 after round robin" scenario?

last come, first to go?

What's the phrase? "To be the best..."

Chin up. If it makes you feel any better, only 1 will make it out of our little threesome. So either Blair or myself are similarly up a creek (or both of us, if you whup us).

Originally posted by rader
So what would your opinion on Demo be?

Sorry you missed out then rader. There's always a "next" tourney though, and feel free to follow this one just for amusement.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 25th, 2010 at 04:35 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 04:31 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

last come, first to go?
I would be psyched, the higher the quality of opponent the better.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 04:51 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rader
Person

Oh i'll live. I realized I was actually working at the times he wanted anyway

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 05:59 AM
rader is currently offline Click here to Send rader a Private Message Find more posts by rader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by leonidas
ok, so, since PG called it first, PG has the 6th spot.

welcome aboard gundam! big grin

RD1 draft is set for 6EST saturday night.
RD2 will take place as soon as RD1 is finished the same night, no later than 7EST, followed by RD3 at the conclusion of RD2, no later than 8EST saturday night. if everyone gets their votes in early, all the drafting can be done within the first hour. so get into your war-rooms, talk to you people and plan those back-up characters in case your primary ones get snatched!! big grin

proxys CAN be assigned if you need one. if you miss a rd, or can't make the draft, you will be able to select 3 characters from the remaining pool of characters by no later than midnight on sunday.

complete roster is as follows:

1. gundam
2. bw
3. cdb
4. digi
5. smurph
6. omega

POOL A:

1. smurph
2. cdb
3. omega

POOL B:

1. bw
2. digi
3. gundam

i'd like to get matches started on TUES evening, 5EST. 8 posts/competitor and all matches will close on FRI midnight. that will be the general format throughout, barring complications. matches will be announced sunday afternoon of all drafts are complete, monday if someone needs to draft on sunday.

so, what are you doing wasting time reading this--pick some characters already! laughing out loud

I think I need one. 6 PM EST is horribly inconvinient for me even on weekends (it's 2 AM my timezone), and with two drafts happening the same night I'm at disadvantagesmile You'll be laughing but my mother is concerned about the health of my nervous system (specifically after that horrible November a few years ago, remember that story with dead cat?) and she won't allow me to stay up and online all the night for a reason such minor as comics book debating tourney. I have iPhone but I can't post links from itsmile

I guess I'll just PM the characters (along with just-in-case backups) in draft order to Leo (and have him assign me the last draft priority so it will be fair to everyone) or ask somebody like Id to act as my proxy.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 06:58 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by Digi
Leo, what happens in a "Everyone is 1-1 after round robin" scenario?

What's the phrase? "To be the best..."

Chin up. If it makes you feel any better, only 1 will make it out of our little threesome. So either Blair or myself are similarly up a creek (or both of us, if you whup us).

Sorry you missed out then rader. There's always a "next" tourney though, and feel free to follow this one just for amusement.

IIRC two make it out of the group, not one... there's crossover semis (1A vs 2B and 2A vs 1B)=8 group stage matches (4 every week), 2 semis and a final=11 matches.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 09:21 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
IIRC two make it out of the group, not one... there's crossover semis (1A vs 2B and 2A vs 1B)=8 group stage matches (4 every week), 2 semis and a final=11 matches.

Not 8...6 (three matches in each pool, 2 matches per week one in each pool). miscalculated stuff

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 11:06 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

sorry cdb. sad

i figured it would be inconvient for you which is why i ok'd proxys. if you can give a list to someone they should be able to help you out, i hope. and yeah, 2 make it out.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 11:12 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

I'll repost it to Id. It was posted to you just to see if anyone I planned (or backups for that case) are illegal.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 11:20 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Delph has agreed to be a proxy for mesmile

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 03:57 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Hmm...

Now I just noticed that the draft is scheduled on my bday at a time where I'll likely be away from my PC...

Damn you Leonidas!!!!

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 04:13 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by illadelph12
Hmm...

Now I just noticed that the draft is scheduled on my bday at a time where I'll likely be away from my PC...

Damn you Leonidas!!!!

Luckily I asked Wei Phoenix, my White Knight, to help mesmile As for your birthday...no greetings in advance, but hope it goes finesmile

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 04:43 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Luckily I asked Wei Phoenix, my White Knight, to help mesmile As for your birthday...no greetings in advance, but hope it goes finesmile

What Delph can not do, another brother can!

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 05:25 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Or you could just take the last pick in rd. 1 knowing you'll have the 1st in round 2. It's not really a lose/lose situation even if you can't make it.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 05:34 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote