KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !!!

Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !!!
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Holy shit. I way prefer our version...

"Boned, the US has been"

Why would GL use his sex penis on the bottoms of the citizens of his own country like that?

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Sep 17th, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 11:48 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
A lot of colour timing was fine on this...just not in ESB so much with the sabres.

My TV is fine..Warm setting or whatever is just crap. To get an impression of what is ON a disc you should turn all these settings off: use NORMAL, no filtering nothing. That's when a TV is at his best. THe rest of the adjustments go with brightness, contrast and colour. When I get a new TV I spend the first few weeks getting it right. So it's fine, maybe a tad dark, to make blacks looks black, but that didn't help th OT very much so I upped it a bit.

In general skin tones are not bad. It's especially wider shots that rather reddish faces show, and in closer shots it's often ears and lips that look a tad too red. It's the damn saturation increase that Lucas wanted to make it look like the PT.... not great but acceptable. Sharpness is great though.

Too bad Luke's sabre in falcon, though a LOT better than before, still has a bit of green hue to it. And in OB1's cabin, it's mostly white, hardly any blue there... They could have done away with the CGI rocks but spend a bit more time on the sabre's. They did a good job on the ANH OB1-Vader fight sabres though.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 12:00 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well looks pretty good with my settings.

Yeah the Falcon sabre still looks turquoise to me in some of those shots....at least its not like ROTJ Green..

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 12:07 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Holy shit. I way prefer our version...

"Boned, the US has been"

Why would GL use his sex penis on the bottoms of the citizens of his own country like that?

Fudge!! That is alot better than ours!!!!! You even got a film cell!! I got a t-shirt yah! What a joke. At least I have 2 film cells from TPM when I bought it on VHS, and I both are of my fav character darth maul. As I said the first package I bought the ATOC already had some of the top of the disc (label) coming off and therefore eventually would be continue to peel and be missing info. I guess Lucas wanted to be nice to the people where he filmed it. I'm going to go see if the dollar store has blue ray covers.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 03:53 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I wish I could find a torrent of just the deleted scenes included in the boxset. That's all I want.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 04:55 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

On the disc it's all over place.

Am I the only one who finds all these menu chances you need to see all the deleted scenes taking quite long?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 05:25 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by queeq
On the disc it's all over place.

Am I the only one who finds all these menu chances you need to see all the deleted scenes taking quite long?

You are not the only one. Bluray has alwas been slower than DVD. I guess they want to make it a more involved process. But I feel at least for the deleted scenes they should be altogether and easy to scroll through.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 07:08 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yeah me too. BD is a bit slower, usually they don't spread all the separate segments out like this. For every clip or whatever you have to back to the menu that takes ages to load.

I mean the menu's look nice, but I don't really need lots of rotating graphics everytime I want to see something else.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 09:52 PM
ares834

Wow...! This IS a different version.... Is this the one you got, Darth?

Holy shit! That's terrible! WTF, I'm so glad I cancelled my order!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 10:00 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Wow...! This IS a different version.... Is this the one you got, Darth?

That is the one I got. Not too happy with the packaging. I really feel I have to go buy new covers to protect the discs better

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 10:22 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Yeah me too. BD is a bit slower, usually they don't spread all the separate segments out like this. For every clip or whatever you have to back to the menu that takes ages to load.

I mean the menu's look nice, but I don't really need lots of rotating graphics everytime I want to see something else.

Isn't there a play all feature?

Originally posted by darthmaul1
That is the one I got. Not too happy with the packaging. I really feel I have to go buy new covers to protect the discs better

That's the US packaging alright. I like the artwork and the way it's presented like a book, but it being of cardboard certainly can scratch up the disc, in that case the EU version it's better.

But there are blank bluray cases available for purchase so once I get my hands on the set I think I might put the disc in those and print out covers

Originally posted by LanceWindu
I wish I could find a torrent of just the deleted scenes included in the boxset. That's all I want.

It's taking quite long for those to show up. The complete BRs Isos are out but not the extras no expression

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Sep 17th, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 11:16 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by S_D_J
Isn't there a play all feature?

That's the US packaging alright. I like the artwork and the way it's presented like a book, but it being of cardboard certainly can scratch up the disc, in that case the EU version it's better.

But there are blank bluray cases available for purchase so once I get my hands on the set I think I might put the disc in those and print out covers

It's taking quite long for those to show up. The complete BRs Isos are out but not the extras no expression

There is a play all feature, which maybe better then you can just hit skip I hope I will have to try that.

I tried looking for blank bluray pages all I can find I'd DVD ones.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 01:16 AM
darthmaul1

FYI you can go go to play all and select what you want to play all of. It is way better. And I fell that most of those deleted scenes are deleted for a reason.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 03:30 AM
darthmaul1

I'm so happy these weren't added to the movies I was just watching the utapa chase of ep3 deleted scene. It is terrible and would of been way too much. The only scene I would like to see added to the movies would be from the DVDs delete scene of anakin ineracting with padme's family in ep2 and the little extended scene of the final light saber ep1 and quigon splitting the prob droid in half. And the one from the bluray would be maul and quigon on the ship ramp.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 03:44 AM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by darthmaul1
FYI you can go go to play all and select what you want to play all of. It is way better. And I fell that most of those deleted scenes are deleted for a reason.

I can't find a Play All function. All the deleted scenes and interviews are in a Planet Menu per film... For each planet in the film they have a menu and include the relevant deleted scenes, models and interviews... So for one movie you have to go through three or four Planet menu's.

And of course the deleted scenes were deleted for a reason. They usually are. There are silly people that want all the Biggs-Luke scene reinstalled... but that will only make the movie less. In most cases cutting the deleted scenes is a good choice. For me they needn't have restored the Luke-Biggs scene on Yavin either. Didn't add much, acting wasn't great so bleeh...

However, it's nice to see them from a historical perpective. Especially the wampa attack on Hoth: terrible looking monsters, but these scenes WERE in the comic books in 1980 and this is the first time I saw them on film. So good stuff, not good enough to put in the movie, but great to see.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 11:45 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Its should be blatantly there as part of 2 options.

So I guess there are different versions of the discs themselves?

That sucks, mate....it could be that between the dodgy covers, differing discs etc that GL wants everyone to not only get the sets, but to have the fans running around after the various regional versions too... no expression

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Sep 18th, 2011 at 02:09 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 02:06 PM
queeq
Chaos

Maybe I haven't looked very good. Our version is usually identical to the UK versions.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 03:33 PM
queeq
Chaos

I did watch the spoof section though: very very enjoyable.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 03:33 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Do you guys get PAL releases there, or NTSC?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 04:04 PM
darthmaul1

I can't find a Play All function. All the deleted scenes and interviews are in a Planet Menu per film... For each planet in the film they have a menu and include the relevant deleted scenes, models and interviews... So for one movie you have to go through three or four Planet menu's.

And of course the deleted scenes were deleted for a reason. They usually are. There are silly people that want all the Biggs-Luke scene reinstalled... but that will only make the movie less. In most cases cutting the deleted scenes is a good choice. For me they needn't have restored the Luke-Biggs scene on Yavin either. Didn't add much, acting wasn't great so bleeh...

However, it's nice to see them from a historical perpective. Especially the wampa attack on Hoth: terrible looking monsters, but these scenes WERE in the comic books in 1980 and this is the first time I saw them on film. So good stuff, not good enough to put in the movie, but great to see.

When you are in the main menu of bonus disc 1 and 2, the menu showing ep I - III or ep IV to VI at the bottom right there is a play all option click that and you can select to play every thing with interviews and deleted scenes and concept stuff or just play all the deleted scenes themselves. It should be easy to find.

I'm actually more happy I bought this set, just in case in the future Lucas decides to add some of these delete scenes to the films I wouldn't want them.

I didn't mind the Luke biggs on yavin scene you at least got to see Biggs a bit more especially since luke mentioned him before. FYI there is an alternate Clip to that scene where the red leader says he knew anakin! It makes you think what the prequels would of been like if that was actually in there.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 04:42 PM