KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !!!

Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !!!
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_D_J
Huh? you lost me there huh

what do you mean 3D Home Theater not being around?

My PS3 plays 3D Blurays... why shouldn't the 3D Star Wars not be released in that format as well?

I just mean that In the future 3d home theater or even at the theater may not be around. It was popular in the early 80s but disappeared. It may happen with this too. I know if I am give a choice to go see the movie in 2d or 3d I will pick 2d.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2011 10:15 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I just mean that In the future 3d home theater or even at the theater may not be around. It was popular in the early 80s but disappeared. It may happen with this too. I know if I am give a choice to go see the movie in 2d or 3d I will pick 2d.

For the moment, 3D home theater isn't going anywhere. Since my PS3 can play 3D video games, that's more than enough for the features to still be around.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 04:03 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

yeah

but, just because its popularity fades, BR and 3DTVs won't just disappear as it can on theaters

and even when its popularity continues to dwindle, all it takes its one movie to respark the fad

That's Avatar 2

.... and the same could happen with Avatar 3 erm

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 04:03 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But I doubt it will be a perpetual thing... Maybe it's there to stay if people don't need glasses.... but other than that it's just a lot more expensive to make and doesn't make the movies inherently better.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 06:45 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by queeq
But I doubt it will be a perpetual thing... Maybe it's there to stay if people don't need glasses.... but other than that it's just a lot more expensive to make and doesn't make the movies inherently better.

I agree, it's like the bloody D-box seats, it's a frigin movie not an amusment park ride. i tried the sample seat at the theater and it was showing the trailer for super 8. the seat is stupid. you are watching the scene and the truck is turning and fishtailing and your seat is moving like that too. but it's stupid cause you are outside of the truck! So why would you be experincing it moving like that. frigin dumb.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 04:20 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe... bizarre.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 05:21 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I agree, it's like the bloody D-box seats, it's a frigin movie not an amusment park ride. i tried the sample seat at the theater and it was showing the trailer for super 8. the seat is stupid. you are watching the scene and the truck is turning and fishtailing and your seat is moving like that too. but it's stupid cause you are outside of the truck! So why would you be experincing it moving like that. frigin dumb.

hehehe

I have never tried one of those

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 03:24 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Now I don't think I wanna. wink

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 08:23 AM
General G
Canadian.

Well, I guess... It looks very crisp. Watching ESB...splendid... Still by far the best movie of them all... and now very very crisp and clear.

That's very promising and reassuring! "I guess..." I'll probably end up getting it, just needed to know if it was wortthwhile or not.

You mean the blurays? I think so, the movies have never looked or sounded better. I'm happy with the fixes, and even though things like lukes saber not looking like the PT ones is kind of dumb it's always been like that so i don't mind. people are complaining about the rocks when r2 is hiding from the sandpeople. and then they are gone when he comes out, but the whole saga is full of stuff like that.
episode 1 (at the pod race c3po is carring the flag but in the sky shot he and the flag is not there, obiwans jedi braid switches sides when quigon comes back on tatooine.)
episode 3 during the mustafar fight (in once scene anakin and obiwans light sabers switch back and forth)
episode 4 (the grab the red r2 unit it's motivator goes and they show a shot of R2d2 and the red r2 is still there)
episode 5 (the wampas face has not horns when it attacks luke but in the cave it does have horns)

I would get this one just incase GL decides to change or add more stuff that we may not like.

Those things don't even bother me all too much, some of the fixes I've heard more than make up for those things for me. And I think it was you who was saying earlier how the boxes around the fighters during the DS escape was fixed? That alone makes ANH worth it for me! Couldn't stand it! Everytime I would watch it, I cringed at those boxes.

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. First of all, it's not very realistic, and secondly, I want to watch the movie, not be in it. And what if I'm eating popcorn? Eff that.

Made by Tiffy!

Last edited by General G on Sep 22nd, 2011 at 02:09 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 02:06 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Messy.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 04:36 PM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by General G
That's very promising and reassuring! "I guess..." I'll probably end up getting it, just needed to know if it was wortthwhile or not.

Those things don't even bother me all too much, some of the fixes I've heard more than make up for those things for me. And I think it was you who was saying earlier how the boxes around the fighters during the DS escape was fixed? That alone makes ANH worth it for me! Couldn't stand it! Everytime I would watch it, I cringed at those boxes.

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. First of all, it's not very realistic, and secondly, I want to watch the movie, not be in it. And what if I'm eating popcorn? Eff that.

If your settings are correct on the tv you should be ok. My blackness level is at 50%. And the boxes are definatly not as noticeable. In order to get rid of them before, I had to trn my darkness down to 45 or 42%

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 04:42 PM
queeq
Chaos

THere's always a way...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 04:54 PM
LanceWindu

If your settings are correct on the tv you should be ok. My blackness level is at 50%. And the boxes are definatly not as noticeable. In order to get rid of them before, I had to trn my darkness down to 45 or 42%

You still have to set levels to get rid of them fully? I'm surprised they didn't use CG magic to just erase the damn boxes around the ships.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 05:00 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

They didn't?

Maybe Lucas was too busy giving Ewoks blinking eyes.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 05:14 PM
LanceWindu

They didn't?

Maybe Lucas was too busy giving Ewoks blinking eyes.

Or extending the door to Jabba's palace for no reason.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 05:55 PM
S_D_J
Bane

I just found this on Cracked.com and made me LOL

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 06:33 PM
LanceWindu

I just found this on Cracked.com and made me LOL

(please log in to view the image)

While I don't want it to happen, I wonder what Nolan could do to the SW universe.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 10:53 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by LanceWindu
While I don't want it to happen, I wonder what Nolan could do to the SW universe.

Let's say you'd be ok with it happening, would you like him to do an original movie, remake the prequel, or remake the entire saga?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 01:45 AM
LanceWindu

Let's say you'd be ok with it happening, would you like him to do an original movie, remake the prequel, or remake the entire saga?

If I were okay with it happening. I say, remake all of it. An all new story for the prequels, and a remake of the OT that sticks to the story we already know there.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 02:31 AM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by LanceWindu
You still have to set levels to get rid of them fully? I'm surprised they didn't use CG magic to just erase the damn boxes around the ships.

Before I did yes but now i don't have to.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 05:52 AM