KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil 6
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (41): « First ... « 39 40 [41]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree with that.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2013 12:18 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I'll just leave this here since it was never posted before.

Pretty much agree on what Moose has been saying about this game and the characters in general surprisingly, though I see where Arachnid was coming from earlier on how Jake could've been a better character if he was implemented or executed differently. Even as it is though, I wouldn't say Jake was on Sheva or Simmmons level of bad, either.

Still think there needs to be a reboot however, but with how Capcom's doing now, I doubt they'll have the budget to make a next-gen RE (whether it's in the form of a reboot or RE7) if they don't even have the resources now to make a next-gen fighter. Not sure if they'd be willing to pass the torch to someone else for another RE either (not counting crap like Operation Raccoon City), with how much they like shooting themselves in the foot nowadays.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2013 02:39 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

What problems did people have with Sheva that were specific to her rather than being an extension of their dislike for the game in general?

Most complaints I've seen about Sheva stem from the AI, which has nothing to do with her as a character, and her not being Jill Valentine, in which case who cares.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2013 02:54 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I never had a problem with Sheva.

She actually had a pretty good back story.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2013 03:26 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
What problems did people have with Sheva that were specific to her rather than being an extension of their dislike for the game in general?

Most complaints I've seen about Sheva stem from the AI, which has nothing to do with her as a character, and her not being Jill Valentine, in which case who cares.

Found her character & personality too bland/basic/boring, even for RE standard (actually liked Josh better than her). That and the fact she was only added late in development as a partner for Capcom to try and prove the game wasn't "racist", in reaction to the angry idiots who were saying RE5 was, thus changing a whole lot of what could've been for the game...

Her AI I actually had no problems with though once I figured out how to use it effectively, like with the AI in RE6.

Originally posted by Smasandian
I never had a problem with Sheva.

She actually had a pretty good back story.

Her background story in the files was more interesting than how her character was actually executed in the campaign, I'll give it that. One could easily tell her "character" was an afterthought though, with how she was originally intended to be a more minor support person in the BSAA or something like Josh before Capcom went "Quick, we must make her a main character alongside Chris to prove to the mobs we're not racist! Think of some things quick to add for her!".

Mostly too I've only seen people say they like her because THE TRIBAL COSTUME IS HAWT!!!1, not because of her character, story, or anything.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Oct 28th, 2013 at 04:28 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2013 04:15 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Where is your info that she was added in?

I don't think that's what happened because the game was designed as a co-op game and having a character along side Chris was always the plan.

I'm pretty sure Capcom didn't add a second character late in the process. I wouldn't be surprised they added Sheva as the secondary character late in the game but there was always going to be an NPC with him.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2013 04:28 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Sheva was a good action heroine, but she needed some real development. She remained rather static, and her stake in the story was not very well developed. Whereas Chris is hunting for Jill and wants to kill Wesker, she's there because she's the local agent. Her backstory involving her parents' death is kind of glossed over, mentioned only once.

I'm not saying she's a bad character. I am saying she's less interesting than say, Sherry or Piers or even Billy Cohen.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2013 08:47 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

"m-muh partnah"

I don't think that's what happened because the game was designed as a co-op game and having a character along side Chris was always the plan.

(please log in to view the image)

Howdy!

Last edited by FinalAnswer on Oct 28th, 2013 at 08:58 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2013 08:54 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Where is your info that she was added in?

I'm pretty sure Capcom didn't add a second character late in the process. I wouldn't be surprised they added Sheva as the secondary character late in the game but there was always going to be an NPC with him.

Capcom themselves admitted they didn't add her till way later on. She wasn't in the original design. Why she was added was even subtley explained in the intro of the GAME with her first cutscene appearance.

"Yes. Tensions are are running high ever since the change in government. And they're not going to be happy to see an American, BSAA or not. That's why I'm your partner; help put them at ease."

Translation: People were complaining how the game was racist because it depicted a white American killing black people so they added Sheva to shut them up.

RE5 was pretty much only designed as a co-op game after Capcom started reacting to the whole racist crap. The entire game's original script before it was re-written/redone just had Chris as the main protagonist and no one else.

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Sheva was a good action heroine, but she needed some real development. She remained rather static, and her stake in the story was not very well developed. Whereas Chris is hunting for Jill and wants to kill Wesker, she's there because she's the local agent. Her backstory involving her parents' death is kind of glossed over, mentioned only once.

I'm not saying she's a bad character. I am saying she's less interesting than say, Sherry or Piers or even Billy Cohen.

Pretty much this. I guess she's not the worst character around, but not nearly as interesting as all those others either.

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
"m-muh partnah"

*Piers steps in*

Don't worry captain, I got your back. We'll find your old partner whatever it takes. After all I'm the best driver the BSAA's got!

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Oct 28th, 2013 at 09:08 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2013 09:05 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Capcom themselves admitted they didn't add her till way later on. She wasn't in the original design. Why she was added was even subtley explained in the intro of the GAME with her first cutscene appearance.

"Yes. Tensions are are running high ever since the change in government. And they're not going to be happy to see an American, BSAA or not. That's why I'm your partner; help put them at ease."

Translation: People were complaining how the game was racist because it depicted a white American killing black people so they added Sheva to shut them up.

RE5 was pretty much only designed as a co-op game after Capcom started reacting to the whole racist crap. The entire game's original script before it was re-written/redone just had Chris as the main protagonist and no one else.

Regardless of her inclusion, I heard they still *****ed and moaned about RE5 being "racist." Capcom wasn't gonna alter the game any further than it already was so they ignored them. Wished they did that before all that changing happened. It pisses me off knowing that.

quote:
Pretty much this. I guess she's not the worst character around, but not nearly as interesting as all those others either.

Worst character? No.

Worst AI? Give me Ashley Graham over Sheva anyday. At least she listened.

Speaking of Ash, I'm surprised by the end of Leon's campaign, we didn't see her attending the funeral of her father Adam, the United States president who got killed at that college. You'd think they would've shown a scene like that for the feels plus the drama if Helena walked up and told her she was partly responsible for his death. Seriously, why did that not happen?

quote:
*Piers steps in*

Don't worry captain, I got your back. We'll find your old partner whatever it takes. After all I'm the best driver the BSAA's got!

And even if I'm not the best, better me than Leon.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Oct 28th, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2013 11:43 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I actually really liked the co-op in RE5, as long as I had someone to play it with.

There was a disconnect, for me, between the guys who designed the AI, and the guys that designed the "partner gets separated" parts. The AI wasn't clever enough to deal with some of the scenarios, imo, which led to pretty hairy situations... Situations that all but evaporate if there's two of you playing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2013 03:27 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Regardless of her inclusion, I heard they still *****ed and moaned about RE5 being "racist." Capcom wasn't gonna alter the game any further than it already was so they ignored them. Wished they did that before all that changing happened. It pisses me off knowing that.

Worst character? No.

Worst AI? Give me Ashley Graham over Sheva anyday. At least she listened.

Speaking of Ash, I'm surprised by the end of Leon's campaign, we didn't see her attending the funeral of her father Adam, the United States president who got killed at that college. You'd think they would've shown a scene like that for the feels plus the drama if Helena walked up and told her she was partly responsible for his death. Seriously, why did that not happen?

And even if I'm not the best, better me than Leon.
That wasn't her father. Her father was President Graham. That was President Benford.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 29th, 2013 05:41 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Nemesis first showed me this but since he didn't post it, I'll do the honers..

Poor Chris and his steak. All it was missing was the plane he and Wesker were in near the end of RE5.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2013 09:44 AM