KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » King Kandy's Tourney Round 1, Match 2

King Kandy's Tourney Round 1, Match 2
Started by: King Kandy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Judge's Vote: Blair Wind

Big C, just use this as a learning experience. Basically, Omega and Wolverine became useless. Notice how little you used them? There's always something to be said for drafting who you know, but you also have to draft at or near the level that the tourney allows. Those two are so far out of their league here.

Other than that, you just need to elaborate on your plans. Nothing was fleshed-out as much as it should've been, offense or defense. And there were good ideas/scans, just not enough of them. Watch the tourney as it progresses and you'll get a better sense of what is expected in these things.

Blair doesn't need my commentary yet, he'll get it during later matches when he's more tested. Nice plan though.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 02:43 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Omega Vision's ruling:

Draft picks: This one is easy. Of Colossus's team the only one suited to this level of competition was Apocalypse, and he couldn't hope to pick up the slack for his team mates. Also Colossus gets more points taken away for missing the opportunity to make Horsemen out of Wolverine and OR stick out tongue

Blair had a solid team with great synergy that really made his plan come together.

Prep: Colossus had no prep. Blair's prep was cohesive and elegant.

Debating: Unfortunately there wasn't much debating going on, but in what little there was Blair had the upper hand. Still, this is one of the closer categories because of the aforementioned lack of in depth debating by both parties.

Supporting Evidence: This was the closest of the categories, Colossus actually did alright here. His major problem was that while he did an adequate job of providing evidence that Apocalypse could teleport, detect cloaked objects, and perform technopathy he failed to provide evidence that Apocalypse could do all these things at the same time while battling another technopath and escaping a black hole. That goes back to debating though.

Winner: Blair Wind.

Better luck next time Colossus.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Dec 12th, 2010 at 02:58 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 02:56 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

OK I wanted to type up my own response as to who I thought the winner would be.

But Digi said exactly what I was going to say.

@ Colossus: The only thing I'd like to add is that there was so much more you could have done with prep as you could have.And once Blair had his strategy up you went on the offensive instead of a counter attack like mabye using Apoc's TP and his ability to find the cloaked ship to(if possible as I haven't really done any reasearch) launch his own black holes back at him. Then if there be any remains teleport wolverine into the battered and bruised team.

Just try to do more with prep and always try to find a counter.

As Digi told me "
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Don't give your opponent an inch. Act like your cock is so huge it knocks holes in your opponents' plan even when you aren't erect.
"

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 05:24 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

lol, all the wisdom I've spouted and that line has by far the best chance of becoming a tourney mantra.

SMH

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 05:53 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

it is quotable, you have to admit

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 05:01 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
lol, all the wisdom I've spouted and that line has by far the best chance of becoming a tourney mantra.

SMH
Dude I seriously took that quote to heart and for the next few posts against PG I acted more confident.

You erectial jokes helped.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2010 10:49 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

It was in jest, but the actual advice is sound. There isn't room for weakness in tourneys, and you might as well let your opponent let you know where you fall short, never help him out.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 04:16 AM