KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Surfer vs. Vulcan

Silver Surfer vs. Vulcan
Started by: Black bolt z

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tsilamini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
He wasn't just manipulating the energy, he was draining the hell out of Warlock... chewing at his power. Silver Surfer is a blaster and Vulcan can turn that sh** on him as plain as day. Silver Surfer only offense is to go physical and even then its debatable. Vulcan was mind wacking/draining/ turning people powers the hell off with nothing but a wave of his hands.

This isn't a fight for Surfer at all... no matter how you look at it.

yes, but that showing against Warlock is an extremely high showing, especially given the beating Havok and Polaris give Vuclan at different times in the same series.

Vulcan certainly doesn't have the consistency that would put him anywhere near Warlock or Surfer levels

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:08 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Like I said... during mid battle, Vulcan is mimicking/using Warlock own powers against him. I don't get what makes Surfers cosmic energy so different when he has done the same thing against cosmic entities.

http://f.imagehost.org/view/0774/p05

This isn't a fight for Surfer.

Hmm how about Surfer being a better overall energy manipulator than
warlock? Seriously Surfer =/= warlock. they dont even have the same powerset....

Like anything u say....u are wrong and talking out of ur ass, and there isnt much else to it.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:12 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by inimalist
yes, but that showing against Warlock is an extremely high showing, especially given the beating Havok and Polaris give Vuclan at different times in the same series.

Vulcan certainly doesn't have the consistency that would put him anywhere near Warlock or Surfer levels

CIS played a major part in their battles and Havok was powered by a star... we have no type of indication of how powerful he was.

When Vulcan fought people outside of the Xmen, he raped them... hell, the guy killed 90% of the Shiar crew when he wasn't even as powerful as his latest showings.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:15 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Naija boy
Hmm how about Surfer being a better overall energy manipulator than
warlock? Seriously Surfer =/= warlock. they dont even have the same powerset....

Like anything u say....u are wrong and talking out of ur ass, and there isnt much else to it.

Wow... so Warlock has never manipulated energy?

What if I show you Vulcan tampering with the phoenix force (Rachels powers).

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:17 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Im sure uve been told this by many people...... learn how to read......point out where i mentioned warlock hasnt manipulated energy....smh. i said he doesnt have the same powerset as surfer and hence isnt as high a class energy manipulator than surfer. he doesnt have as wide a range of energy manip feats as surfer ad hence isnt interchangeable with surfer. The logic is easy enough to get (or should be at least).

Though i know who im talking to so i wont hold my breath.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:24 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

was that in Xmen kingbreaker?

lets see it..

smile

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:27 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Like I said... during mid battle, Vulcan is mimicking/using Warlock own powers against him. I don't get what makes Surfers cosmic energy so different when he has done the same thing against cosmic entities.

http://f.imagehost.org/view/0774/p05

This isn't a fight for Surfer.
Ok I’m convinced.

Vulcan wins.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:30 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

CIS played a major part in their battles and Havok was powered by a star... we have no type of indication of how powerful he was.

When Vulcan fought people outside of the Xmen, he raped them... hell, the guy killed 90% of the Shiar crew when he wasn't even as powerful as his latest showings.

Havok fought and defeated Vulcan at least twice in that series when he wasn't powered by a star. Black Bolt annhiliated him.

vulcan is not that powerful

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:30 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by inimalist
Havok fought and defeated Vulcan at least twice in that series when he wasn't powered by a star. Black Bolt annhiliated him.

vulcan is not that powerful

Ummm... no he didn't. Vulcan defeated Havok along with the entire Xmen on more than one occassion.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:37 PM
tsilamini

1 - on the ship, Starjammers rescue Polaris, Havok oneshots Vulcan

2 - at one of Vulcan's addresses, Polaris and Havok beat Vulcan

3 - An amped Havok has his way with Vulcan

I think that is all the times the two have fought...

and Silver Surfer would toy with the X men, whereas Vulcan has trouble with 2-3 of them at once, even in his origin story (imho, his highest showing outside of the Warlock fiasco)

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:43 PM
Nihilist

Surfer wins.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:44 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

black bolt killed vulcan. SS would destroy him. warlock's power was quantum magic, not energy manipulation. he could weave spells that controlled energy, but it wasnt his primary power and SS's energy manipulation feats>>>vulcan's

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 06:08 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Someone post the Quasar vs Silver Surfer fight. I pretty much see it going the same way - just replace Quasar with Vulcan.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 06:10 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Black Bolt didn't kill Vulcan. As for this topic... I will discuss this later on tonight so prep yourself (at work).

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 06:22 PM
Mindset

Originally posted by kgkg
Ok I’m convinced.

Vulcan wins.
thumb up

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 06:39 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Black Bolt didn't kill Vulcan. As for this topic... I will discuss this later on tonight so prep yourself (at work).

lol, bring it on

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 06:45 PM
bbrem123

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Someone post the Quasar vs Silver Surfer fight. I pretty much see it going the same way - just replace Quasar with Vulcan.

yup pretty much

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 06:56 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

yeah he did. killed him dead too. in the end the bomb took them both down, but it was obvious that BB had won.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 07:20 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Sometimes I think carver is the only one on this site that reads comics.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 07:22 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by Mindset
Sometimes I think carver is the only one on this site that reads comics.
I get that feeling too.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 07:23 PM