KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Death

Death
Started by: Daemon Seed

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 11 12 [13]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CloverQuick

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
Why?

My partner and I have had experiences that we could only conclude were visits by the spirits of deceased people who had known us. Five of these scents we could associate/idcentify with 5 individuals - but the other 3 we have no idea who they might have been.

We live way out in the country, no other houses or buildings near us, and some of the scents occurred when the windows & doors were closed. We had absolutely nothing in the house that smelled like the scent(s) - the scents seemed to be only in one place in the room - like the area occupied by a single individual, and did not become gradually stronger or weaker - although one time these 3 scents (2 different perfumes & one cherry tobacco scent, moved in unison/together from one room to an adjoining room.) The scent or scents are just suddenly there - quite noticable, they lasted for perhaps 5 minutes or so, and then were completely gone no gradually there or gradually leaving.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 09:23 PM
CloverQuick is currently offline Click here to Send CloverQuick a Private Message Find more posts by CloverQuick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by TacDavey
If God made himself known to everyone it would remove faith, which is still an important part of it.
Reminds of something Bruce Lee once said about enlightenment, that if it was easy, it wouldn't be worth much.

Originally posted by alltoomany
The older I get the more I feel that the end is near
One minute nearer every 60 seconds...

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 09:39 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by CloverQuick
My partner and I have had experiences that we could only conclude were visits by the spirits of deceased people who had known us. Five of these scents we could associate/idcentify with 5 individuals - but the other 3 we have no idea who they might have been.

We live way out in the country, no other houses or buildings near us, and some of the scents occurred when the windows & doors were closed. We had absolutely nothing in the house that smelled like the scent(s) - the scents seemed to be only in one place in the room - like the area occupied by a single individual, and did not become gradually stronger or weaker - although one time these 3 scents (2 different perfumes & one cherry tobacco scent, moved in unison/together from one room to an adjoining room.) The scent or scents are just suddenly there - quite noticable, they lasted for perhaps 5 minutes or so, and then were completely gone no gradually there or gradually leaving.

You smelled scents and could only conclude they were ghosts? That doesn't quite seem like a logical progression to me.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 10:08 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CloverQuick

Originally posted by King Kandy
You smelled scents and could only conclude they were ghosts? That doesn't quite seem like a logical progression to me.

The entire experiences would probably be too long for this message box to contain, and it is of no importance anyway. That is to say, I do not expect others to necessarily agree that is what occurred, especially if they have not had a similiar experience and that's okay. I'm not wanting to debate or argue about it. I mentioned it only because a poster asked me why I believed there is something after death - and that is my reason for believing that there is.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2011 02:20 AM
CloverQuick is currently offline Click here to Send CloverQuick a Private Message Find more posts by CloverQuick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by CloverQuick
The entire experiences would probably be too long for this message box to contain, and it is of no importance anyway. That is to say, I do not expect others to necessarily agree that is what occurred, especially if they have not had a similiar experience and that's okay. I'm not wanting to debate or argue about it. I mentioned it only because a poster asked me why I believed there is something after death - and that is my reason for believing that there is.
...is smells.

What a unique, and ridiculous, reason to believe in spirits.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2011 03:30 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Re: Death

Originally posted by Daemon Seed
Do we believe it's the end?
serious answer: sure, why not?

simply put, our body is an organic machine and when certain conditions are met it's incapable of housing a working consciousness = true death.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 05:29 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alltoomany

maybe we are in make believe trapped in a body for the moment?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2011 01:36 AM
alltoomany is currently offline Click here to Send alltoomany a Private Message Find more posts by alltoomany Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

i have no reason to think that

Old Post Nov 14th, 2011 03:41 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tor__Hershman
Universal Toilet Cleaner

Yes

Attachment: pick a fetus.jpg
This has been downloaded 21 time(s).

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 09:03 AM
Tor__Hershman is currently offline Click here to Send Tor__Hershman a Private Message Find more posts by Tor__Hershman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

yes we do

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 01:46 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by alltoomany
maybe we are in make believe trapped in a body for the moment?

Attachment: i_4230_keanu-reeves-conspiracy-meme-001.jpg
This has been downloaded 12 time(s).

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 01:48 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

death is the end

Old Post Jun 13th, 2014 02:21 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Why the bump?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2014 02:29 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Why the bump?

bump ?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2014 02:38 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote