KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » CURE for CANCER

CURE for CANCER
Started by: lord xyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 12:35 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I think he meant peer-reviewed publications in a scientific journal.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 12:37 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=burzynski%20SR a long list of peer reviewed publication here

https://www.novapublishers.com/cata...roducts_id=5367
Here's Burzynski on the nova publishers website

Taken from his website: http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/resources-links.html
which I got from the documentary

http://www.scientificexploration.or..._2_kauffman.pdf Here's another I found with a google search

I would also like to mention anti-neoplastons were being patented by Dr Dvorit Samid, despite Burzynski already patenting it. Why would they try to steal his research if it doesn't work? Hmmm.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 01:07 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

interesting, I'll look at it later, thanks

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 01:53 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

This type of "stealing" (it's not stealing because she found a hole in his patent and ran with it) occurs all the time in the pharmaceutical industry. If one "junior" researcher notices a hole, thinks he/she is on to something, they can quit, get sponsored, and possibly make someone money. It also occurs because sometimes...old "men" are stuck in their ways and refuse to explore "sister paths" to discovery so they quit out of frustration and look for a large company to sponsor them.

Problem: she had dismal results. That's also in your documentary. So, despite the fact that she thought she was on to something, she failed miserably.

And, looking over his studies, I still see the same issues: sample sizes are too small, he selected the patients (hand picked...meaning, we STILL have the randomized problem that I spoke of), and the results are still not actually cures because almost all die in less than 8 years. Keep in mind that you yourself titled the thread "cure", not me. Most died in less than 2 years. The studies suggest that this is still greater than the current treatment but we actually cannot be sure until we have a proper comparison.

Do you have any rebuttals? That's a rather healthy way to present your research for sponsorship. I'm not joking: if you can heartily rebuke the rebuttals, it legitimizes your work even better.

Also, I did not see any peer reviews or results duplication studies. I saw work from Dr. Burzynski's group. The one I DID read was from the Canadian researchers, which were strangely not mentioned in the documentary, that had very bad results. The Japanese researchers had poor results but they did see some statistically significant responses (meaning, accounting for randomized fluctuations up to 2 standard deviations, did not account for all of the positive results...but it was still rather low.)

But, like I said...if his drugs can be proven to cure even one person where all other current technologies would fail...let's have it. thumb up

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 02:50 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
This type of "stealing" (it's not stealing because she found a hole in his patent and ran with it)
They lost the court case, and the people involved were the same people who claimed his were ineffective and a cancer institute member who's wife was treated by Burzynski effectively, IE she was cured.

I keep telling you, it's in the documentary.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 06:37 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by lord xyz
They lost the court case, and the people involved were the same people who claimed his were ineffective and a cancer institute member who's wife was treated by Burzynski effectively, IE she was cured.

I keep telling you, it's in the documentary.

I saw the documentary.

Everything you said is quite irrelevant to what I said, IE I answered your question quite thoroughly but that's not acceptable so you're going to pretend there's some sort of secret conspiracy when it was just dirty business practices.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 03:22 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, based on experience, and considering most of your posts come from the speculation of...you, I disregard most of what you say. The effort it takes to refute your long ass posts are not worth it as you never listen and the thread gets filled with more crap, take this one for example.

You can report me again, if you like, but I haven't even insulted you this time, just explaining why I don't take you seriously.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 03:28 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by lord xyz
No, based on experience, and considering most of your posts come from the speculation of...you, I disregard most of what you say. The effort it takes to refute your long ass posts are not worth the effort as you never listen and the thread gets filled with more crap, take this one for example.

You can report me again, if you like, but I haven't even insulted you this time, just explaining why I don't take you seriously.

That's a bit off topic. It's quite obvious that you don't think my posts have any value. Why would you? You toted his antineoplastons as a cure for cancer when not even your documentary made that claim (and the documentary is quite clearly biased towards Dr. Burzynski).

I can't listen, this is a text based message board.

You can't refuse my posts because they are the same concerns that medical community (including a non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure for cancer...run by people affected by cancer) has brought up. Pretty much no idea I have put forth is my own. Not even the "dirty business" idea that occurs in the pharmaceutical industry.

Also, your post does not address the last post I replied with. You're bouncing from subject a to subject b to subject c without actually addressing anything.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 03:33 AM
theICONiac

Originally posted by inimalist
links to any publications?

Hi inimalist, please click on the following link to explain all:

http://www.quackwatch.com/search/we...query=Burzynski

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 04:16 PM
theICONiac is currently offline Click here to Send theICONiac a Private Message Find more posts by theICONiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

This is why I included "scientifically" as part of my explanation.

If he didn't control it, measure it by rigorous standards, document it, create proper theory model, peer review the completed work, and obtain results duplication from a peer project (not in that order):

IT'S NOT SCIENTIFICALLY SOUND.

This is the exact problems that they've had with his work: results duplication has been crap and his studies have been crap. Those have been his bane.

How about none of the above? You're way off mark. It's the embodiment of the idea you tried to convey. I put it in quotes to distance myself from that idea because I neither fully agree nor fully disagree with it.

1. Reported.
2. I provided relevant information on the thread that you did NOT provide.
3. I brought up significant points that your obviously biased documentary is not going to bring up. You can't just present information to thinking adults and not try to be even a tiny bit objective about it. You just posted a video and lied about it being a cure for cancer.

Reported.

your finding out what everybody finds out eventually when they try and have a discussion with xyz.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 05:28 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

That's a bit off topic. It's quite obvious that you don't think my posts have any value. Why would you? You toted his antineoplastons as a cure for cancer when not even your documentary made that claim (and the documentary is quite clearly biased towards Dr. Burzynski).

I can't listen, this is a text based message board.

You can't refuse my posts because they are the same concerns that medical community (including a non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure for cancer...run by people affected by cancer) has brought up. Pretty much no idea I have put forth is my own. Not even the "dirty business" idea that occurs in the pharmaceutical industry.

Also, your post does not address the last post I replied with. You're bouncing from subject a to subject b to subject c without actually addressing anything.

thats something else many people discover about him when his facts are proven wrong,Instead of admitting they are wrong,he dodges it and wont address it.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 05:30 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think I have a stalker.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 06:41 PM
tsilamini

Originally posted by theICONiac
Hi inimalist, please click on the following link to explain all:

http://www.quackwatch.com/search/we...query=Burzynski

thats a publication of his?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 07:12 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Reading back, XYZ, I apologize for how heated our conversation got. Though I remained within the rules, I still could have been nicer.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 07:56 AM
theICONiac

thats a publication of his?

'Quackwatch' is a site similiar to Snopes, in that it debunks medical claims/stories, etc.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 11:35 AM
theICONiac is currently offline Click here to Send theICONiac a Private Message Find more posts by theICONiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

'Quackwatch' is a site similiar to Snopes, in that it debunks medical claims/stories, etc.

you don't see why I would rather read the actual data published in peer review as opposed to sites dedicated to debunking?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 01:52 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Reading back, XYZ, I apologize for how heated our conversation got. Though I remained within the rules, I still could have been nicer.
I feel I overreacted at first, but you basically said "derp, I know nothing about what you've just posted, but skepticism says to be a total ass and demand everything be proven infront of meez without me doing any effort of looking into the film you're talking aboutz" then followed with "herez all the shit that I know" when the thread was supposed to be more relevant to the film.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2011 10:53 AM
theICONiac

you don't see why I would rather read the actual data published in peer review as opposed to sites dedicated to debunking?

No, as the data will be the same ie. nonsense.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2011 05:38 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, as the data will be the same ie. nonsense.
How much do you know about Burzynski or Antineoplastons or medical research?

Or are you just a lazier DDM?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2011 01:06 AM