KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Star Wars will lose it's relevancy in our lifetime

Star Wars will lose it's relevancy in our lifetime
Started by: Zabrak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon

But it would be okay if you listed a few plotholes from one film. I'd respond to your posts.

I think it would be equally ok if you would actually care enough about the subject matter to check the links provided out and comment. But if you don't care enough and just want to proceed to having everyone blindly just accept your opinion as fact without having the full scope down, thats fine, just don't expect me to do all the donkey work in enlightening you as to the things you seem so blissfully unaware of as a self proclaimed SW fan.

Peace and a happy new year. smile

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 01:13 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Anyways. My perhaps final thoughts on this are this: Regardless of the many criticisms that we rightfully can have of the PT, the OT is something that is a beautiful piece of art to the point of being transcendant, even when messed with by modifications subsequent to the original release and I can never see THAT losing it's relevance in my or even your lifetime. Any plotholes are skillfully woven into a genius story structure and few are so egregious as to illicit the concern of the fans in the way that PT ones did. I dont hate the prequels as utterly as some do, but the gulf of difference is blatantly apparent in terms of quality, for me. OT forever.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 01:46 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Ok, that's a formal warning to dadude for continuing to stoke these fires after being told to stop. You really are just trolling now, dadude, because there is no other rational explanation for you saying some of the mind-numbingly stupid things you are saying there- and this is not just about matters of opinion, it is about clearly dense reasoning that is being done deliberately to annoy others.. If you do it again I will ban you. At the point where you are seriously saying the likes of that the OT is plot-holed because of a lack of 3d space combat, you have taken this beyond the point of ridicule.

Where did you tell me to "stop" and what did you tell me to stop?

But, for real, this topic needs to be addressed and discussed, thoroughly, with the other posters. Where can I do this? You don't seem like you want the topic discussed, at all, on KMC.

As to the main point, the PT is a lot less well regarded than the OT but the future of Star Wars is now unknown. If you have nothing constructive on the topic to say, don't post.

Is that an official modding decision or just an observation? Because the OP clearly established his point by saying the PT failed to deliver what the OT did:

Originally posted by Zabrak
think of all the characters, weapons, planets, scenes, lines...all the classic top tier **** that was in the classic films. That's the stuff that's been constantly referenced in pop culture and in conversation since the franchise debuted in '77

there's basically none of that in the prequels. So, less pop culture will spawn off the newer ****, and that means less people will be familiar with star wars. people can't just live off the original three films forever. It's not something that's easy to enjoy like the Beatles catalog or something. Film is entirely different

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
...the OT is something that is a beautiful piece of art to the point of being transcendant, even when messed with by modifications subsequent to the original release and I can never see THAT losing it's relevance in my or even your lifetime.

I don't see any film as ever being "transcendent."

But, yes, Star Wars will not lose relevancy in any of our lifetimes.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 07:40 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

You calling the fact that GL wanted a 2-d type space environment for dramatic purposes a 'massive plothole' runs my contempt levels still higher.

You can look for my earlier posts on ROTJ if you want that detail. In any case, your intransigent nature here makes this argument pointless- it is so absurd, it seems to be trolling to me. We're off-topic, so it is time to get back to it.

I don't see any film as ever being "transcendent."

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Last edited by focus4chumps on Dec 27th, 2012 at 01:53 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 01:41 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by focus4chumps

That does not address the question:

You should probably leave the modding up to the mods and let Ushgarak answer for himself.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 02:30 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

ahh i get it. he didnt actually say the word "stop". and furthermore he didnt say "simon says".

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 02:36 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If that part of the discussion ever had any discursive value, dadude, you killed it. It's not being addressed or discussed- it's just you taking the piss, and I will always shut down any such unproductive foolishness, in the same way we don't allow canon debates because of how dumb they got.

And my telling you to stop was pretty obvious.

I think this thread has served its purpose- certainly circumstances have changed greatly since it was made. Hence, closed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Wow, there's the first major debate on the SW forum for months and you're stopping it?? Ah well... the future of SW...Unknown, let's talk
about what is unknown... hehehe.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 12:57 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote