KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: john allerdyce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
john allerdyce
Whore!

The Walking Dead

I didn't see a thread devoted to this yet. I just began delving into this series (up to issue 7 now) and I am loving it. I was just wondering if it gets better/worse/stays the same as the story goes on..?

Figured this could also double as the general Walking Dead discussion thread as well. smile

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 05:44 PM
john allerdyce is currently offline Click here to Send john allerdyce a Private Message Find more posts by john allerdyce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Walking Dead continues to be an exceptionally well done series. The plot consistently takes twists and turns that you never expected--some of which will shock the hell out of you [SPOILER - highlight to read]: (referring mostly to the happenings of 'The Prison' and 'The Governor' sub-plots, which ultimately transformed Rick into a borderline nutjob.)

Anywho, it is one of the best ongoing titles I have ever read, and certainly not your 'typical' zombie themed book. Highly recommended that you continue reading.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 19th, 2011 at 07:16 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 07:02 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I stopped a while back just to have a rest.
But I recommend this series for everyone.

Much better than the TV show.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 04:15 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

I was reading it and then stopped so I wouldnt get spoiled for the show. There are some differences already I noticed

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 04:24 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I read it for the first 50 or so issues, then wished I hadn't so I wouldn't be spoiled for the show.

I enjoy both quite a bit though; i just hope we get Michionne in the show at some point.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 05:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -K-M-
There are some differences already I noticed
There are quite a few differences so far. They're doing it quite well, though.

Originally posted by -Pr-
i just hope we get Michionne in the show at some point.
Seconded.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 03:15 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

The comic is amazing, and the fact that the show barely follows it all means we get a divergent timeline... like Ultimate Walking Dead... or... something.

It's awesome. No complaining!

This forum sucks.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2011 01:38 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

The comic was great up until the end of the Hunters arc, then it gradually started to lose me. I feel like Kirkman didn't plan the story out this far, and is just making characters flip out and plot against each other for the sake of creating tension. I don't care much for any of the characters anymore, with the exception of Andrea.

The art has been hit-and-miss with me since the artist switch early in the series.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2011 06:14 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

It never felt thought out for me, I always got the vibe that the next arc was whatever he dreamed up off the top of his head.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2011 06:39 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 08:32 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

What issue is that from?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 09:14 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Apparently it's from an issue of Playboy? I could only find that scene in .pdf format, so I had to DL it and had to convert it to .cbr from there--and I went through all that trouble just to post those scans here.... You're welcome.

...stick out tongue

Anyway, I'm always interested in seeing what these characters did in their daily lives before humanity effectively died... Especially a character as illusive/mysterious/badass as Michonne.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 21st, 2012 at 09:22 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 09:19 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Walking Dead #100 = the death of Glenn.

Kirkman is one of a select few writers who have absolutely NO reservations about killing main characters.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2012 10:00 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 11:59 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 01:06 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Holy shit, ballz. That was awesome. Favorite character right there, and they do that.

It helps alot that I'm pretty new to the series and just catching up, so all the talks of staleness and boring plotline aren't very convicing to me.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 01:23 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

TWD is many things, but it has never been stale or boring. The plot constantly changes--sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

It is a great series, imo.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 03:29 PM
Scythe
The Goat

I think so too, but another forum I frequently visit, I'll stop by and ask how's the story goin' and if anything groundbreaking has happened and I usually hear the usual hater responses:

"Kirkman's out of idea"

"Series needs to die, dropped it from my pull list"

"Bland, recycled and boring"

And I'm just like..... Wat.......

It's a story about surviving zombies, that'd happen in real life as well, find shelter, meet new people, fight others for supplies and so on.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2012 05:20 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I've heard the same crap too. Suffice to say, if the series were THAT boring, it would have never lasted 100 issues lol. The only thing I would like to see change, is the comic introduce Daryl (or a character like him.) I love his character in the show.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2012 04:58 PM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by the ninjak

Much better than the TV show.
TF? The tv show is wayyy better

Old Post Jul 14th, 2012 06:34 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote