KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Bor vs Depowered Tyrant...

How well does Bor fare against Depowered Tyrant?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Bor gets crushed just like the Heralds did... 0 0%
Bor outperforms the Heralds, but does worse than Thanos did... 0 0%
Bor equals Thanos's performance against Tyrant... 4 44.44%
Bor slightly outperforms Thanos against Tyrant... 0 0%
Bor greatly outperforms Thanos against Tyrant... 2 22.22%
Bor shows why he is Odins father; Bor defeats Depowered Tyrant... 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bor vs Depowered Tyrant...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
guy222
With my gal

tyrant

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 27th, 2011 07:17 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Ok, heres my take on this topic...

1st off, I believe that Bor>>Thanos, so Thanos needing that Orb to combat Tyrant means nothing as pertains Bor vs Tyrant...

Bor appears to operate on a higher level than Thanos did during the Tyrant/Thanos fight (no way in hell would Thanos at that point be able to one-hit-kill High Heralds)...

2nd, its pretty clear to me that Tyrant wasnt calling upon any of that excess energy he had contained in those orbs when he fought the Heralds or Thanos (its possible that he can call upon them at will, but its clear to me that all those orbs contained power, so that power was not within him)...

Now it was my interpretation that Tyrant was about to call upon the power contained in those orbs to destroy Thanos as Thanos proved capable of surviving Tyrants might at his base power level...

IMHO, if Tyrant is using those orbs, its no different than Odin calling upon the power contained within Asgard; its clearly his power, but it constitutes an amp as that power is not contained within him at all times...

Tyrant in this thread is fighting at his base levels; he is not drawing strength from those orbs...

If he's drawing upon those orbs, you might as well call him Full Power Tyrant...

Old Post Nov 27th, 2011 09:03 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Now it was my interpretation that Tyrant was about to call upon the power contained in those orbs to destroy Thanos as Thanos proved capable of surviving Tyrants might at his base power level...

Wrong interpretation. He would'nt need to call upon any orb to finish Thanos. He could've done it right there on the spot. Reason I say this is because Tyrant displayed another level of ferociousness vs. Big G than he did against anyone else. Thanos nor the heralds would have lasted as long as they did if he was in this mode from the beginning.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 27th, 2011 04:46 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Tyrant in this thread is fighting at his base levels; he is not drawing strength from those orbs...

If he's drawing upon those orbs, you might as well call him Full Power Tyrant...

It's kind of hard to argue about Tyrant's power levels because of the strangeness between the Marz to Lackey transition as writer for the Silver Surfer series.

Under Marz, it was those power Orbs that were Tyrant's source of power. Under Lackey, it was the biosphere of every planet in the universe + the orbs. I originally thought Lackey and later writers had forgotten about them (the orbs), but we see Jakar lust for them even after Tyrant was nullified.

Does Ron Marz have a Twitter account? Does he attend Comic Cons? I wish someone would have asked him what was up in that Cosmic Powers 6 fight.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2011 07:21 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Originally posted by zopzop
It's kind of hard to argue about Tyrant's power levels because of the strangeness between the Marz to Lackey transition as writer for the Silver Surfer series.

Under Marz, it was those power Orbs that were Tyrant's source of power. Under Lackey, it was the biosphere of every planet in the universe + the orbs. I originally thought Lackey and later writers had forgotten about them (the orbs), but we see Jakar lust for them even after Tyrant was nullified.

Does Ron Marz have a Twitter account? Does he attend Comic Cons? I wish someone would have asked him what was up in that Cosmic Powers 6 fight.
Marz has a QnA thread on CBR, i once asked him about the Thanos/Tyrant fight and the orbs, he said he couldnt remeber lol.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Nov 27th, 2011 08:58 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Nihilist
Marz has a QnA thread on CBR, i once asked him about the Thanos/Tyrant fight and the orbs, he said he couldnt remeber lol.

Seriously? Wow, when the writer and creator of the character can't even remember what he wrote his creation doing, you know we're wasting our time even debating anything about him.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2011 09:23 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Sundipped
Wrong interpretation. He would'nt need to call upon any orb to finish Thanos. He could've done it right there on the spot. Reason I say this is because Tyrant displayed another level of ferociousness vs. Big G than he did against anyone else. Thanos nor the heralds would have lasted as long as they did if he was in this mode from the beginning.

(please log in to view the image)

I believe Tyrant was drawing upon those orbs when he was fighting Galactus; that was Tyrants whole reason for collecting them from the start...

It would make zero sense for him to have all that power amassed to fight Galactus and have it sit idle when they actually fought...

In addition, lets not forget just how incredibly PIS'y that fight was; Galactus forgetting Tyrants entire powerset!? Thats Bullchyt Incarnate...

Old Post Nov 27th, 2011 10:50 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

I believe Tyrant was drawing upon those orbs when he was fighting Galactus; that was Tyrants whole reason for collecting them from the start...

It would make zero sense for him to have all that power amassed to fight Galactus and have it sit idle when they actually fought...

In addition, lets not forget just how incredibly PIS'y that fight was; Galactus forgetting Tyrants entire powerset!? Thats Bullchyt Incarnate...

He was already powered up when he faced Galactus. Tyrant just stores power in the orbs (for Big G or whoever). The purpose of the orbs are not just to solely combat Galactus.

It was discussed in another thread that the later writer forgot about his powerset.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2011 12:14 AM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Sundipped
It was discussed in another thread that the later writer forgot about his powerset.

Yup. It was a clusterfxxk.

Ron Marz : Power Orbs that allowed him to replace what was blocked by Galactus and enough to withstand a challenge from Galactus himself.

Lackey : Power Orbs not mentioned at all. Power comes from the biosphere of every planet in the universe. Able to absorb BSE from any source even if it's been synthesized into something else (like the Power Cosmic). Technopathy.

Gallagher : Power Orbs mentioned again. This was post nullification when Jakar was contemplating an orb's power before Surfer and Jack of Hearts interfered.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2011 12:30 AM
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by zopzop
Seriously? Wow, when the writer and creator of the character can't even remember what he wrote his creation doing, you know we're wasting our time even debating anything about him.

You know, Galactus not remembering Tyrants powerset makes perfect sense to me know...

If Tyrants freaking creator cant remember anything about him, how the hell is Galactus supposed to!?

LoL....

Old Post Nov 28th, 2011 03:08 PM