KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General G
Canadian.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Emo/screamo stuff is the worst goddamn thing on this planet. It is auditory poison. It's all guilt and no pleasure. Stuff like Attack Attack is painfully/laughably bad. I don't even know any band names besides them.. and I just know them cuz the "Stick Stickly" video is really funny.

Not screamo/emo, but metal. And I LOVE it.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 04:17 AM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

Seen them live a few years ago. They were great.

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 10:43 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm not a fan. I'd say it's kinda similar to Attack Attack, but it's tolerable, whereas Attack Attack is atrocious.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 01:17 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Nmind ill pass.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 03:44 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

What are your guilty pleasures, rudester?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 03:52 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Stabbing Westward. Not sure if I'm guilty about it or not. It's pretty good. I guess I don't feel too guilty about it.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 04:07 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

God there are a tonne of them.

The Cobra Soundtrack.
The Mortal Kombat Soundtrack.
Metallica. Silverchair. Guns and Roses. Joe Satriani's Surfing with the Alien.
80's theme tunes. Tears for Fears.
Videogame tunes. StreetFighter. Herzog Zwei. Streets of Rage.
Cartoon intros of the 90's. Thundercats. Turtles. Ironman. Lots of Anime intros.
And the creme de la creme Italian horror film themes.... they blow everything apart.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 08:48 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Why is Metallica a guilty pleasure for you?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 09:38 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Alot of their songs are super cheese.
Music I would listen to alone or with particular like minded people while drinking.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 12:31 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The Cocteau Twins, I love this group, and the music is awesome, brilliant, and filled with genius. However once my mother came by while I was listening to it, and the second that she heard Elizabeth Frasier's voice, she went and placed a title on it. She said that it was "Pretty". Now I can admit that some of the stuff is a bit fluffy, but for those few who can enjoy the subtle intricacies of music like I do, they will find themselves canceling out the singing, and zone in on the way this group composes sounds.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 10:21 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by NemeBro
Why is Metallica a guilty pleasure for you?

Originally posted by the ninjak
Alot of their songs are super cheese.
Music I would listen to alone or with particular like minded people while drinking.

"Cheesy"? That is blasphemy. You take it back. Metallica is completely guilt free (aside from a song or two on Re-Load that sounds kind of country twangy). "Cheesy" is not the right word to describe Metallica. To this day their shit still f*cking rules. It has stood the test of time. And just because you would only listen to it with certain people doesn't mean it's a guilty pleasure. Guilty pleasure is more like something that you only listen to alone. No self-respecting male should be ashamed of liking Metallica.. lol

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 01:48 AM
Stoic
Avenger

I like Asia. embarrasment

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 03:42 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
"Cheesy"? That is blasphemy. You take it back. Metallica is completely guilt free (aside from a song or two on Re-Load that sounds kind of country twangy). "Cheesy" is not the right word to describe Metallica. To this day their shit still f*cking rules. It has stood the test of time. And just because you would only listen to it with certain people doesn't mean it's a guilty pleasure. Guilty pleasure is more like something that you only listen to alone. No self-respecting male should be ashamed of liking Metallica.. lol

There is nothing wrong with cheese. A large portion of my soul lives for it. And I never said I was ashamed of liking Metallica. I love em, they rock, they're cheesy, that's why they are a guilty pleasure.

Last edited by the ninjak on Feb 17th, 2012 at 09:28 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 09:17 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Just out of curiosity, what is an example of a "cheesy" Metallica song? (if you don't mind my asking). I'm not even sure "cheesy" has a definitive definition, heh... but anyway..

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 03:19 AM