KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Chaos King vs Lucifer Morningstar

Chaos King vs Lucifer Morningstar
Started by: lilshogun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sundipped
(please log in to view the image)

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 05:38 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Originally posted by leonidas

regarding eternity representing more than just a 'single' universe:

not only that, we now have DEFINITIVE, ON PANEL PROOF that a
universe CAN exist WITHIN another universe.

you MUST admit that he at LEAST represents 2--616 earth universe AND the negative zone.

I've never seen proof of any kind that tells me Two Dimensions/Universes can share the same space in time.

But also Leo, you chose a bad example ... the Negative Zone: which is without a doubt a separate Parallel Universe.

To begin with, I think the scan's being mis-interpreted.
I haven't read that book, but I want issue #s to find the proper meaning behind the scan.

Annihilus' horde seems to be emerging out of a Wormhole, a Wormhole leading to the Negative Zone.
So that right there separates the two Dimensions via a Wormhole. (a form of inter-dimensional travel)

I have to read the book before understanding "a failed pocket resting in an exiting one" ...
but what I do notice is this anomaly being labelled a "Tumor" ... which doesn't sound good.
Sounds like a problem that will be needing some fixing.
He also makes it read like it's a pocket within a pocket lol.

Also, the Negative Zone isn't a "pocket" so what are they referring to?
Also, the Negative Zone, is up and running last I checked, so what's "failed" about it?
Also, what does "failed" insinuate here?
Also, if it's withIN the universe why is there a Wormhole for transport?

... meh, I'm almost sure that scan isn't being defined correctly.

What's the book and # please, then I'l be back.

Last edited by Mr Master on Jan 18th, 2014 at 04:43 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 04:34 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Mr Master
I've never seen proof of any kind that tells me Two Dimensions/Universes can share the same space in time.

But also Leo, you chose a bad example ... the Negative Zone: which is without a doubt a separate Parallel Universe.

I haven't read that book, but I want issue #s to find the proper meaning behind the scan.

Annihilus' horde seems to be emerging out of a Wormhole, a Wormhole leading to the Negative Zone.
So that right there separates the two Dimensions via a Wormhole. (a form of inter-dimensional travel)

I have to read the book before understanding "a failed pocket resting in an exiting one" ...
but what I do notice is this anomaly being labelled a "Tumor" ... which doesn't sound good.

Also, the Negative Zone, is up and running last I checked, so what's "failed" about it?

Unless I'm mistaken that was written by Hickman. So you'd just be wasting your time trying to make sense of it Mr. M. That guy is single-handedly phucking Marvel cosmology.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 06:12 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

It's from Avengers #21, Part of Infinity.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 06:15 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Mr Master

you are more than welcome to check. opr gave the number and issue. there is NO additional context however. the good guys are getting their butts kicked. anny's wave is their last, desperate hope so annihilus brings the wave to our universe. the builder tells us the negative rests inside our universe. that's it. failed? don't know what it means. it DOES exist inside our universe though--that is crystal clear and not open to interpretation or re-interpretation. when you look at the history of the negative zone, you can see for yourself just how boundless it was intended to be.

in any event, the idea fits in perfectly with this scan:

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/12725834/1.jpg.html

spheres WITHIN spheres. a wormhole is needed for the same reason a knife is needed to get WITHIN my body. only a knife won't get me to the negative zone....

the universe is MORE than just one single thing. as such, eternity represents more than just one thing. i can show another 5 scans that ALL support the notion of eternity representing a multiverse. they are all in the cosmology thread and link on the last page.

seriously bro, you swore for the longest time that it was impossible, that i could never find proof of a universe in a universe. that scan shows PRECISELY that. even you have to admit what that means regarding the nature of eternity......

Last edited by leonidas on Jan 18th, 2014 at 06:46 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 06:43 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

i can show another 5 scans that ALL support the notion of eternity representing a multiverse. they are all in the cosmology thread and link on the last page.

Eternity is not a multiverse.

Eternity is the universe and all the adjacent pocket dimensions that are attached to it. No one disputes this fact.

Multi-Eternity is a multiverse. An infinite series of universes and the pocket dimensions attached to them.

More proof from the very issue you pulled your scan from :

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 07:07 PM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zop where did you get that picture for your sig

I have returned

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 07:07 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Zop where did you get that picture for your sig

Google image search.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 07:08 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by zopzop
Eternity is not a multiverse.

Eternity is the universe and all the adjacent pocket dimensions that are attached to it. No one disputes this fact.

wait, wut? he is a universe AND all the adjacent dimensions.....? confused

if he's both, he's a multiverse.....or multi-universal/dimensional however you feel more comfortable describing the associations.

quote:
Multi-Eternity is a multiverse. An infinite series of universes and the pocket dimensions attached to them.

no one even knows what his nature is. but sure, i'll buy that. he is an entity that represents the collection of eternities. based on what you said though, he'd only represent the 616 earth universe and its alternates, as eternity represents only OUR single, 616 earth universe. he wouldn't really be a multiverse per se, just a multi 616 earth....verse? if you're saying multi-eternity represents earth + other dimensions, each individual eternity must embody other dimensions as well. if you agree to that, there's nothing more to discuss as THAT is what i've been saying for years.

quote:
More proof from the very issue you pulled your scan from :
(please log in to view the image) [/B]

dude, seriously? i've used that scan to SUPPORT the idea eternity IS a multiverse. there are an infinite numbers of eternities. each a multiverse unto itself. infinite eternities=infinite multiverses. it really is simple. that single scan showing that the negative zone is actually inside the 616 earth universe only cements the idea in my mind, but there is tons of corroborative evidence even without that scan.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 07:41 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

wait, wut? he is a universe AND all the adjacent dimensions.....? confused

if he's both, he's a multiverse.....or multi-universal/dimensional however you feel more comfortable describing the associations.

no one even knows what his nature is. but sure, i'll buy that. he is an entity that represents the collection of eternities. based on what you said though, he'd only represent the 616 earth universe and its alternates, as eternity represents only OUR single, 616 earth universe. he wouldn't really be a multiverse per se, just a multi 616 earth....verse? if you're saying multi-eternity represents earth + other dimensions, each individual eternity must embody other dimensions as well. if you agree to that, there's nothing more to discuss as THAT is what i've been saying for years.

dude, seriously? i've used that scan to SUPPORT the idea eternity IS a multiverse. there are an infinite numbers of eternities. each a multiverse unto itself. infinite eternities=infinite multiverses. it really is simple. that single scan showing that the negative zone is actually inside the 616 earth universe only cements the idea in my mind, but there is tons of corroborative evidence even without that scan.

We're not understanding each other.

Eternity is a universe and the universe has adjacent pocket realities connected to it : the variuos hells, Asgard, Olympus, etc... These pocket dimensions aren't true universes. Hence the term pocket dimension (there's a Dr. Strange issue scan floating around the forums as proof).

Multi-Eternity is a multiverse. 616 and all it's infinite alternate universes : 10258, 758, etc.... each having their own alternate versions of 616s pocket dimensions.

The Multi-Eternity idea has been around for a while :
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
"I am an aspect of "All Eternity". "Of all the near infinite aspects that comprise my totality...."

Each individual Eternity is A SINGLE UNIVERSE. Multi-Eternity is the MULTIVERSE.

And its' canon :

Last edited by zopzop on Jan 18th, 2014 at 08:00 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 07:52 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

We're not understanding each other.

Eternity is a universe and the universe has adjacent pocket realities connected to it : the variuos hells, Asgard, Olympus, etc... These pocket dimensions aren't true universes. Hence the term pocket dimension (there's a Dr. Strange issue scan floating around the forums as proof).

Multi-Eternity is a multiverse. 616 and all it's infinite alternate universes : 10258, 758, etc.... each having their own alternate versions of 616s pocket dimensions.

The Multi-Eternity idea has been around for a while :
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
"I am an aspect of "All Eternity". "Of all the near infinite aspects that comprise my totality...."

Each individual Eternity is A SINGLE UNIVERSE. Multi-Eternity is the MULTIVERSE.

And its' canon :

ok, you're saying eternity is a shark and the other dimensions are remora. i get that, though i disagree with it. do you think then that if eternity is wiped out, all those others would be wiped out as well?

your idea still doesn't explain the dr strange scan i showed, nor the dormmy scan i posted, nor does it explain how the negative zone can exist within the 616 earth dimension. here is yet ANOTHER scan (there are more....) that shows on panel proof that our "UNIVERSE" is a MULTIVERSE. the beyonder pondering our UNIVERSE (aka eternity):

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/127...tverse.jpg.html

it can't be more clear--our universe, according to pre-ret BEYONDER--is a MULTIVERSE. just NOT a multiverse in the more traditional sense. ie--it doesn't contain all the alternates.

your scan to me makes complete sense, and again, i've used it to support my idea. that nullified eternity said he was only an ASPECT of eternity, because........it was only the EARTH DIMENSION that was nullified from that eternity. all the other dimensions--higher and maybe lower that compromise ALL eternities--would have been left in tact. the majority of THAT eternity was fine. ie, most of his aspect was untouched. that scan absolutely cannot be used to prove the existence of multi-eternity. i mean, c'mon zop. that was what? 20 years before that ff arc?? believe that if you want, but it makes no sense.

i truly, truly do not understand how you or others can argue something that is so well supported. show me a scan--somewhere--that eternity's embodiment is LIMITED TO ONLY THE 616 EARTH DIMENSION. just one scan. that would at LEAST give you a leg to stand on. as it is, i've shown support after support that is ignored or reinterpretted or just called PIS. eternity IS the universe. it's the universe that contains more than you're willing to admit for some reason.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 08:18 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Imo, it really just depends who is writing the comic.

In some cases Eternity is equated to a singular universe:
http://imgur.com/ugW8muT
http://imgur.com/ASKy1Ds

http://imgur.com/BgcVLFe
http://imgur.com/c2YnnDu
(there are more examples, of course.)

In other cases he is undeniably described as multiversal...

This was explicitly stated in the pages of Captain Universe:

And explicitly depicted in the pages of Defenders:
http://imgur.com/khR2JSO
http://imgur.com/fAyKaxU
http://imgur.com/T2hYN4S
"Worlds within worlds! DimensionS folding into themselves! Entire universeS being born...And collapsing into ruin! And yet I sens that all this--is but a FRACTION of what Eternity is! [...] Re-birthing every being and thing in ALL the universeS!"

Even as recently as Chaos War, Eternity described CK as his equal and opposite:
http://imgur.com/s4MLJkv
Eternity: "[Chaos King] is the void against which I am defined. He and I walk hand in hand. If I fight him, I fight myself."
Herc: "But if he wins, you yourself will disappear, along with everything else!"
Eternity: "Indeed. So I sincerely hope you defeat him."

...And we know CK very nearly absorbed the entire multiverse:
http://imgur.com/FGTfsSO
ie. Eternity=CK=multiversal.

Again, there are more examples, but most have them have already been posted.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 18th, 2014 at 09:25 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 09:20 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

^i agree there has been some discrepancy, but imo just because he was shown acting as the life force of the universe does not preclude his representing MORE than just the universe./shrug

in any event, i think we at least now know beyond doubt that universes can actually exist within one another. to me, that pretty much ends the debate whether eternity is the embodiment of just a SINGLE universe. it's good enough for me at least.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 09:59 PM
Cogito

Nobody has yet addressed how CK is going to harm Lucifer. This is still the guy who tanked a creation blast point blank with zero effort. A creation blast that would have obliterated 100% of the multiverse instantly.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 10:30 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^i agree there has been some discrepancy, but imo just because he was shown acting as the life force of the universe does not preclude his representing MORE than just the universe./shrug

in any event, i think we at least now know beyond doubt that universes can actually exist within one another. to me, that pretty much ends the debate whether eternity is the embodiment of just a SINGLE universe. it's good enough for me at least.
I agree. Eternity representing a multiverse can not only be supported by on panel evidence, but makes sense as well.

That being said, I do not believe that any time we have seen Eternity be destroyed or replaced on panel automatically means the multiverse was destroyed or replaced by proxy... Especially if the narrative in some of these scenes specifically references Eternity in the singular/universal sense.

Example: Thanos /w/ IG usurping Eternity:
http://imgur.com/xhZWurP
http://imgur.com/lOljpI6
"...Control of THIS reality."
"...The center of all reality in THIS sphere."
"...THIS plane of existence."

See what I mean? Even though Thanos literally WAS Eternity, he had still only usurped a universal position-- certainly not a multiversal one. There are more examples of course('The End' comes to mind), but that's neither here nor there. Imo, it should really be addressed on a case-by-case basis where that side of things is concerned, because different writers obviously have different opinions regarding exactly what Eternity represents-- I'm sure this is also dependent on the scope of which they intend their story to encompass(not every writer wants to involve infinite universes in their works, lol.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 18th, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 11:03 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Galan007
I agree. Eternity representing a multiverse can not only be supported by on panel evidence, but makes sense as well.

That being said, I do not believe that any time we have seen Eternity be destroyed or replaced on panel automatically means the multiverse was destroyed or replaced by proxy... Especially if the narrative in some of these scenes specifically references Eternity in the singular/universal sense.

Example: Thanos /w/ IG usurping Eternity:
http://imgur.com/xhZWurP
http://imgur.com/lOljpI6
"...Control of THIS reality."
"...The center of all reality in THIS sphere."
"...THIS plane of existence."

See what I mean? Even though Thanos literally WAS Eternity, he had still only usurped a universal position-- certainly not a multiversal one. There are more examples of course('The End' comes to mind), but that's neither here nor there. Imo, it should really be addressed on a case-by-case basis where that side of things is concerned, because different writers obviously have different opinions regarding exactly what Eternity represents-- I'm sure this is also dependent on the scope of which they intend their story to encompass(not every writer wants to involve infinite universes in their works, lol.)

i see where you're coming from, but i'm not sure i agree with the thanos example or understand why you're making a distinction. with the IG, he usurped 616 eternity. everyone agrees on that. imo, his role then became the embodiment of all that 616 eternity represented. by that i mean his supremacy stretched to all the associated dimensions--asgard, hell, negative zone, all those pocket universes it was used in, etc.... i think we BOTH agree that his supremacy though, ended at whatever 616 eternity represents. ie--i think we both agree his reign ended at the "true" multiversal (all alternate eternities) level. is that what you were trying say? did i make any sense there?? lol

ftr--i agree with the case-by-case scenario in general. i just don't understand the blatant resistance to scan after scan of on panel proof. i don't believe i've ever seen anything like it.....

Old Post Jan 18th, 2014 11:32 PM
operator616

that single scan showing that the negative zone is actually inside the 616 earth.in my mind..

It actually isn't. Here's a random example (and there are plenty more) from Fantastic Four #252 confirming that the Negative zone isn't in 616:

so the F4 traveled through the distortion area and ended up in the negative zone. Pay attention:

http://i.imgur.com/Rpi5H90.jpg

"in a universe not our own"

http://i.imgur.com/Rpi5H90.jpg

next issue:

http://i.imgur.com/3DCML3S.jpg

"in a universe parallel to our own"

There are many more examples. It's confirmed beyond all doubt.

-------------------

And regarding Eternity; from what i understand you're saying that each Eternity represents its universe along with its divergent universes/realities, correct? Or that one Eternity (616) represents the totality of the mainstream multiverse, while Eternity's counterparts represent other separate multiverses outside the mainstream? (i disagree either way, just curious about what you're saying).

Originally posted by Galan007

And explicitly depicted in the pages of Defenders:
http://imgur.com/khR2JSO
http://imgur.com/fAyKaxU
http://imgur.com/T2hYN4S
"Worlds within worlds! DimensionS folding into themselves! Entire universeS being born...And collapsing into ruin! And yet I sens that all this--is but a FRACTION of what Eternity is! [...] Re-birthing every being and thing in ALL the universeS!"

A multiversal Eternity was also shown back in the 1st volume of Defenders.

Defenders v1 #92, Eternity explains that he's incomplete, and when he's incmplete, reality will end:

http://i.imgur.com/MniJ8CS.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/hhJFHz5.jpg

We know that "reality" = multiverse, according to context, because it's stated that the multiverse will end:

http://i.imgur.com/MniJ8CS.jpg?1

Further confirmed in issue #100:

http://i.imgur.com/s0VL4a2.jpg?1

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 01:34 AM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Cogito
Nobody has yet addressed how CK is going to harm Lucifer. This is still the guy who tanked a creation blast point blank with zero effort. A creation blast that would have obliterated 100% of the multiverse instantly.

I give up.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 01:51 AM
Cogito

I give up.

Good, because you keep repeating the same broken tune about how it's his function yada yada yada.

And yet, even though I asked a long time ago, nobody has presented a scan showing that he has some special immunity to Michael's power (but nobody else's) rather than just the incredibly high level that he operates at. I mean, I didn't expect a scan to surface because I already know it doesn't exist.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 01:55 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Cogito
Good, because you keep repeating the same broken tune about how it's his function yada yada yada.

And yet, even though I asked a long time ago, nobody has presented a scan showing that he has some special immunity to Michael's power (but nobody else's) rather than just the incredibly high level that he operates at. I mean, I didn't expect a scan to surface because I already know it doesn't exist.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 02:00 AM