KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Avengers Vs Superman (smallville)

Avengers Vs Superman (smallville)
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Placidity
I like both too - look at my sig! but you were talking about differences in power levels.
Actually Marvel is more powerful than DC.

While DC's average book superhero star is indeed stronger than Marvel's (I am speaking of the popular ones), when you reach the cosmic level Marvel simply has too many powerful cosmic threats, and is seriously hampered by the very real possibility that the Presence isn't actually omnipotent.

I prefer DC overall though.

Old Post May 9th, 2012 05:46 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by NemeBro

While DC's average book superhero star is indeed stronger than Marvel's (I am speaking of the popular ones)

That's what I had in mind when I said it.

Originally posted by NemeBro
When you reach the cosmic level Marvel simply has too many powerful cosmic threats

I don't know, when you get to the highest levels, its all the same IMO, both have their ultimate omnipotent "God". TOAA and the Presence are basically the maximally powerful beings in each universe respectively. I don't know about the doubts you have about the Presence, but based on ALL feats and statements and the fact it is based on the Judeo-Christian God (especially in the Vertigo imprints), the evidence overwhelmingly supports that he is supreme.

Old Post May 9th, 2012 06:14 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Only here is the thing: He had an equal in the Great Evil Beast, and only became possibly omnipotent after absorbing it. HOWEVER, the existence of the Primal Monitor also casts his supremity in doubt, since the DC Multiverse created by the Presence is apparently a germ in comparison to it (Though the PM and the Presence may be synonymous, Final Crisis was weird). Marvel is also simply bigger, being a couple tiers larger than DC's verse.

Old Post May 9th, 2012 06:33 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Originally posted by the ninjak
I love both.
DC has too much spandex

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post May 9th, 2012 07:19 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
DC has too much spandex

It goes with the more condensed power levels and egos.

Old Post May 9th, 2012 07:41 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote