KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Splinter Cell - Blacklist

Splinter Cell - Blacklist
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I do enjoy the game....but the controls are ****ing nuts. Having A button as your run button and your do things buttons is ****ing annoying.

I'm trying to run and then next thing you know, I'm opening a door. Try to peek, well, hopefully your paying attention and you don't accidentally open the door.

The SP missions are fun, some of the secondary missions are fun but I ****ing hate Charlies defend your self secondary mission. I'm playing on rookie and I find it freaking hard.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 02:37 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Also has anyone noticed with each installment of Splinter Cell, He (Sam) seems to get younger.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 06:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I did too.

I don't mind too much. The voice acting is still pretty solid even though it's not Ironside. But he didn't want to do it anymore so what can the developers do.

I do like pace of the game. I like how Fisher is much more mobile (taken from Conviction) unlike the first four games but I find it a bit too jumpy. If you push the stick a bit too far, he flys. I wish a bit more control on quick the character can go would of been a bit better.

I also think the defend missions are kind of dumb for the atmopshere. The character is supposed to be all stealth like, moving around in the shadows and the mission basically says, "you sneaked in and retrieved the data, stay right there while we figure out how to get you out but watch out, you must fight 30 men at a time"

Makes no sense. Couldn't he just sneak out and find a better place to get picked up. It's stupid.

Have no problem with the mode if it's seperate but because its part of the story, its dumb.

Last edited by Smasandian on Aug 23rd, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 11:26 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, I did too.

I don't mind too much. The voice acting is still pretty solid even though it's not Ironside. But he didn't want to do it anymore so what can the developers do.

I do like pace of the game. I like how Fisher is much more mobile (taken from Conviction) unlike the first four games but I find it a bit too jumpy. If you push the stick a bit too far, he flys. I wish a bit more control on quick the character can go would of been a bit better.

I also think the defend missions are kind of dumb for the atmopshere. The character is supposed to be all stealth like, moving around in the shadows and the mission basically says, "you sneaked in and retrieved the data, stay right there while we figure out how to get you out but watch out, you must fight 30 men at a time"

Makes no sense. Couldn't he just sneak out and find a better place to get picked up. It's stupid.

Have no problem with the mode if it's seperate but because its part of the story, its dumb.
I think I'm the only person who enjoys the hell out of those wave mode missions. I like them because you can still be stealthy. You just have to be mobile and think on your feet. There is a lot of strategy involved in those missions if you still try to go about it stealthy and that makes me enjoyment of them go way up. I actually hope this comes back in future games.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 07:28 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I don't mind having them I just think it's stupid to have it in SP.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 08:00 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Smasandian
I don't mind having them I just think it's stupid to have it in SP.
Yeah, that I agree with. It should have been its own separate mode.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2013 09:29 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I'm still playing side missions and I find the Grimm missions in particular pretty fun. With that said the Charlie missions a stupid difficult even on Normal at least for me.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 07:42 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I'm still playing side missions and I find the Grimm missions in particular pretty fun. With that said the Charlie missions a stupid difficult even on Normal at least for me.
They are easier if you play them stealthy. If you go balls out, the second you get caught, you get hunted down and killed. Just try to stay out of sight.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 26th, 2013 02:37 AM
Estacado
Legendary

So beat the game took me about 8-9 hours only few side missions left the wave ones I think.This is THE BEST stealth game ever.Moving around the environment is amazig!
The gadgets and weapons are great its also cool that it doesnt force you to play stealthy you can just buy some heavy weaponry and armor and play the "assault style".

Only thing I didnt really get once you bought all the crossbow arrows some of the gadgets basically become useless.They could have added few more Imo.Otherwise game is awesome!

This is the first Splinter Cell game I played.
10/10

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Aug 26th, 2013 at 08:47 AM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2013 08:44 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Finally beat it.

Ending was freaking lame and I hated the boss fight. Made no sense.

Overall, pretty good game. I enjoyed some missions while I didn't like a few others.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 02:18 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Been playing this for a couple of days now (on and off, I've only done 2-3 levels).

Have to admit that, while it felt daunting at first, i'm loving how there seems to be more options than there was in Conviction. There are far less "you can only proceed by killing everyone" moments, and I found myself actually avoiding enemies rather than engaging them when I could. I actually feel like I have more freedom, and it means that when I actually do kill an enemy, it has more impact and isn't just another in the long line of super-duper melee kills.

Really liking the focus on allowing you to choose between lethal and non-lethal, and the incorporation of guard dogs as enemies.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 07:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Tom Clancy died... sad

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 03:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's crazy.

It's a good game. I didn't think the missions had the oomph previous Splinter Cell games had.

I also didn't like the side missions. By themselves, there not bad but during the story, it made no sense.

I think they could of had side missions that somehow changed how the SP missions played. For example, if you kill this one guy in the side mission, he won't be around in the SP mission....or something like that....but considering you always in threat of a terrorist attack, it made no sense to be stationed in the US and then fly to the middle east for a side mission when the computer says there is only two hours left until an attack.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 03:13 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I do get what you're saying, but the fact that I've enjoyed the side missions as much as I have, means I can't be too harsh on them lol.

That one where you have to sneak across that small island thing was great imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 04:43 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree with you as well. A few of them were quite fun and felt like old school Splinter Cell.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 05:17 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Like I said in my earlier post, I love that actual stealth is an option now. I feel like if I want, I can go through an entire area without being seen or even alerting the guards. Conviction really didn't have that, so in that, I think this game is superior.

I miss Ironside so ****ing bad, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 05:30 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just got this one couple mins ago, Managed to get one of them '5th Freedom editions'.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 09:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Cool. It's a fun game. It didn't do so well though....which sucks because I would hate to see the franchise not around anymore.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 12:05 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Agreed. Especially seeing as I felt it was a superior game to Conviction, and that did respectably well, iirc.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 19th, 2013 02:59 AM
Arachnid1

Been playing Chaos Theory on PC recently. Man, I missed Ironside. I know this is now three year old news, but it still stings.

They need to announce the next Splinter Cell already too. It's been too long.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2016 03:27 AM