KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Mace Windu Lives!

Did Mace Windu Die in Ep 3?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 5 62.50%
No 3 37.50%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mace Windu Lives!
Started by: nlbite

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sweersa

I wonder what happened to his lightsaber. I'm not sure how durable they are, but I assume any damage it suffered after the fall would have been cosmetic at the very least.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2012 03:53 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sweersa
I wonder what happened to his lightsaber. I'm not sure how durable they are, but I assume any damage it suffered after the fall would have been cosmetic at the very least.

It probably did, he was propelled far from it though and it would be a risk trying to get it back anyway - along with wearing the robes it wouldn't be a good idea.

Maybe young Boba Fett finds it as the last clue to his father's killer... along with a severed hand and charred robes...

Now a film of a grizzled Fett hunting Windu would be a cool story to see!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 01:48 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sounds like EU to me.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2012 08:59 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

http://www.wattpad.com/5277358-star...earch-for-windu

If this it it, I read a few pages and did not like it. Mostly because of the following things:

1) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: A Jedi Interceptor not look fishy compared to an X-Wing? The only person who probably still flies one of those from time to time is Vader himself.... So that would make it very conspicuous and drawing attention.

2) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mace Windu just going by the name of Mace? And opening a bar that is named after himself? Hiding in plain sight is one thing, but this is a bit too much, I think.

3) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The EU and movies have always depicted Mace as one of the most serious persons in all of Star Wars. The way he talks to Luke, he sounds like a drunk... Desillusioned and disappointed is one thing, I think it's exaggerated.

4) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: A Wookiee called Steve? Wow...

5) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Obi-Wan telling Luke to go to a planet he has never been to, to find a Jedi Master who can teach him the ways of the Force. Very original... I think it would have been better to make their meeting a coincidence. But that's just me.

6) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The name Skywalker rings a bell? The guy single-handedly put in motion the events that led to the destruction of the Jedi Order... I'm pretty sure Mace would remember his name...

Overall I think the characterisation of Windu is too flawed. He sounds more like Jules from Pulp Fiction than Mace Windu, sometimes.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2012 06:20 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He even quotes scripture. Not the Bible but Jedi Prophecy.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2012 06:00 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nlbite

Well the story is meant to be a bit of parody of the Star Wars universe. Its not perfect or meant to fit into canon exactly.

And your right Hybris.. Mace isn't like the old Mace we sat in the prequels. He is more like Jules or the Samuel L Jackson we're used to seeing. I wanted him to be a flawed Jedi character. I mean if you were the head of an organization sworn to defend the government and suddenly everyone turns on you.. all your friends and companions are killed off.. and you were powerless to stop it or fix the situation... over time you'd become angry and probably depressed at your failure.

Also that script posted online is kinda old. I've revised the story since then. :P

Right now I'm trying to make this story into a graphic novel. I have about 180 people following out progress on facebook. If you guys would like to know more about it look us up on facebook: keywords (The Search for Windu)

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 06:06 PM
Click here to Send nlbite a Private Message Find more posts by nlbite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It's a new cult! ;-)

Old Post Aug 4th, 2012 01:53 PM