KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman in the New 52

Superman in the New 52
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So yeah, Superman and Wonder Woman shacking up. Thoughts?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 05:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

With no Lois present to truly compete with Diana, her being tied up with her own affairs and all, the pairing makes sense.

At least from a sheer physical attraction standpoint.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 05:52 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm actually pretty happy with it myself; it's something I've wanted for a long time, even if I doubt they'll write it the way I personally would prefer.

I hope it's done well, personally.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 05:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I'm happy.

Phuck Lois.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 06:24 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Issue comes out next week. That and Aquaman in the same week... The world is good.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 07:01 AM
Diesldude

Saw the cover, I like. About time, I just hope it ain't some kind of a dream or a fantasy. LOL I hated that one comic where they go with to Asgard and fight for hundreds of years, sleep on the same bed but do nothing.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 09:25 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Diesldude
Saw the cover, I like. About time, I just hope it ain't some kind of a dream or a fantasy. LOL I hated that one comic where they go with to Asgard and fight for hundreds of years, sleep on the same bed but do nothing.

Nope. Johns is quoted as saying the two of them together is the new status quo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 09:26 AM
Diesldude

Originally posted by -Pr-
Nope. Johns is quoted as saying the two of them together is the new status quo.
Hope so.. Should be interesting read, can't wait. When I was little, i saw the reruns of the super friends on cartoon network and always hoped superman and WW would get together. LOL

I posted the cover in the -- Superman vs Action Comics vs JLA

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 09:44 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Diesldude
Hope so.. Should be interesting read, can't wait. When I was little, i saw the reruns of the super friends on cartoon network and always hoped superman and WW would get together. LOL

I posted the cover in the -- Superman vs Action Comics vs JLA

I saw. The issue is out next week, so make sure to pick it up lol.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 09:51 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

This would last for less than one year seeing how MOS is coming out in that time. Its all but confirmed as another gimmick from Johns.

Oh and phuck diana, lois would always be the one for him.

Last edited by abhilegend on Aug 23rd, 2012 at 01:11 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 01:09 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by abhilegend
This would last for less than one year seeing how MOS is coming out in that time. Its all but confirmed as another gimmick from Johns.

Oh and phuck diana, lois would always be the one for him.

Don't see where the "gimmick" thing comes from, tbh.

and the relevance of MOS, either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Aug 23rd, 2012 at 01:18 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 01:13 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Don't see where the "gimmick" thing comes from, tbh.

and the relevance of MOS, either.

"I welcome watercooler chatter". The more I think about it, the more I'm reminded about "I'm not an american anymore".

Did you forgot about Donnerman just before SR?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 01:26 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

"I welcome watercooler chatter". The more I think about it, the more I'm reminded about "I'm not an american anymore".

Did you forgot about Donnerman just before SR?

What?

IIRC, most of that happened after Returns. And a few decades after Chris Reeve played Superman. Johns wrote GL and didn't change the universe to suit the movies, so why would he change Superman?

Superman on his own generates sales. It doesn't matter who his girlfriend is.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 01:41 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Johns is a fanboy who happens to be one of DCs premiere writers, I can't see him changing his stories to fit with the movies like some B lister would.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 01:51 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

I'm actually pretty happy with it myself; it's something I've wanted for a long time, even if I doubt they'll write it the way I personally would prefer.

I hope it's done well, personally.

I don't particularly like this pairing.

I like the current Steve Trevor, and, if she WERE to have a big name beau I think Bruce Wayne the more intriguing choice for Diana.

Nevertheless, when I came across the following FanArt the other day, it DID bring a smile to my face ...

Parents, preview this for your kids. Kids, get parent's permission before clicking and viewing this ...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 04:45 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Bruce is with Selina. Period.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 04:48 PM
NemeBro

Bruce should be with Joker.

You know it to be true.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 07:31 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by NemeBro
Bruce should be with Joker.

You know it to be true.

(please log in to view the image)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 06:58 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

What?

IIRC, most of that happened after Returns. And a few decades after Chris Reeve played Superman. Johns wrote GL and didn't change the universe to suit the movies, so why would he change Superman?

Superman on his own generates sales. It doesn't matter who his girlfriend is.

Read the article. He "welcoms watercooler chatter".

Nope, it was just immediately after SR that they changed almost everything in superman to resemble SR from FOS to Jor-El looking like Marlon Brando to introducing Zod, Non and Ursa to clark and lois having a son. Heck, Donnor himself was hired to do so. Everyone and their mothers know that SR is Reeve's fifth superman film, Routh was just there to stand in. This is the company which created energy superman in response to a unfinished superman movie project and made constantine dye his hair black and move to Chicago when Keanu Reeves playe him. The reason GL didn't changed GL comics was because it was already based upon Johns' comic universe mainly "Secret Origins" with very few alterations. You are underestimating how much movies influence comics. Just look at Nick Fury Jr. All in all, I don't think it would last one year. At most they would break up in Trinity War.

Last edited by abhilegend on Aug 25th, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 10:04 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Read the article. He "welcoms watercooler chatter".

Nope, it was just immediately after SR that they changed almost everything in superman to resemble SR from FOS to Jor-El looking like Marlon Brando to introducing Zod, Non and Ursa to clark and lois having a son. Heck, Donnor himself was hired to do so. Everyone and their mothers know that SR is Reeve's fifth superman film, Routh was just there to stand in. This is the company which created energy superman in response to a unfinished superman movie project and made constantine dye his hair black and move to Chicago when Keanu Reeves playe him. The reason GL didn't changed GL comics was because it was already based upon Johns' comic universe mainly "Secret Origins" with very few alterations. You are underestimating how much movies influence comics. Just look at Nick Fury Jr. All in all, I don't think it would last one year. At most they would break up in Trinity War.

That means absolutely nothing.

I think you're overstating it, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 06:38 PM